Voice Caddie SL1 Hybrid GPS and Laser Rangefinder

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are laser devices and GPS devices and both are designed to get you the distances you need on the golf course. There are even a few hybrid devices that combine the best of both worlds into one handheld unit. If this were a pyramid shaped chart, at the very top of the feature pyramid would be the Voice Caddie SL1, which combines the laser and GPS, as well as adding Pin Assist and Green Undulation to the unit.

1-2-1024x692.jpg

Before getting into each of the features and what makes this unit unique, we want to touch on the look and feel of the device. It is unlike just about every other device in the category and has this elegant throwback design to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool features and looks sharp. I haven’t shopped for rangefinders for a bit - assuming this is at the very high end of the price spectrum at $499.

Really good write up Josh. This one in hand is a total stunner, and it just looks abs feels top notch. Enjoyed the rundown of what it does, and how it does it!

• Admin
  • Admin

Very informative write up. Thanks JB and THP for all the info on new products. Product has a lot of cool features.

That thing looks sick! It's got a 70's Super Cool vibe going on combined with 2021 advanced technology.

What a stunner and the features it packs look very slick. Very interested. Dare I say this would be a favourite with the Sunday bag golfers out there ;)

Very good write-up JB!

While I do like the looks (Groovy baby...yeah!) and the features, I don't care for the price.

Thought about jumping on this during Christmas when they offered some a $200 or so discount. But knew nothing about this model.

Looks like these things are really getting up there in price. This one definitely has all the bells and whistles though ;)

If I was in the market, I would look at this. I like the hybrid idea, and love the idea of green mapping on it. You get everything on one device. Now if it could map my shots like Arccos, I’d be all over it now!

Dang, somehow my favorite feature is the plug in charge. Getting rid of batteries would be nice.

Wow, this is very impressive!

That is an attractive Rangefinder. Can't think of one that looks as good. I am not a fan of having gps in a rangefinder, tho.

When they add altitude and temperature, I am all in:D

If you saw on Instagram recently, we are going to be giving this device away next week so stay tuned. It’s that good.

Solid write up @JB . Pretty informative. I’m actually digging this hybrid. Looks are amazing. I can see this being exceptionally functional and useful in the summer months down here with all the rains and a bunch of holes being cart path only. Walking out to your ball with a hybrid device could be game changing for me. Granted other gps devices are out there but this one is the 1st, I would consider on looks alone. That green undulation feature is cool. It’s literally like having a caddie, no pun intended, with you. I think this would be an almost instant purchase for me if it had a magnetic feature built in for use on a cart. But nothing a 3rd party magnetic strap can’t fix but will ruin the beauty of the unit.

Solid write up @JB . Pretty informative. I’m actually digging this hybrid. Looks are amazing. I can see this being exceptionally functional and useful in the summer months down here with all the rains and a bunch of holes being cart path only. Walking out to your ball with a hybrid device could be game changing for me. Granted other gps devices are out there but this one is the 1st, I would consider on looks alone. That green undulation feature is cool. It’s literally like having a caddie, no pun intended, with you. I think this would be an almost instant purchase for me if it had a magnetic feature built in for use on a cart. But nothing a 3rd party magnetic strap can’t fix but will ruin the beauty of the unit.
I’m not a magnet guy after having a couple fall off, but I totally get it. As one that rides it goes in the cup holder for me.

I’m not a magnet guy after having a couple fall off, but I totally get it. As one that rides it goes in the cup holder for me.

I have a bad habit of leaving it on the seat next to me. Ask @BigDill how many times we have had to circle back for a rangefinder prior to buying a magnet strap!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I have a bad habit of leaving it on the seat next to me. Ask @BigDill how many times we have had to circle back for a rangefinder prior to buying a magnet strap!! 😂
Dude, forget your rangefinder. If I have to find your phone on the course one more time I am putting it on eBay right from the course. And get this @JB.....he uses NO CASE! It’s anxiety inducing.

But I digress. Get one @X.Man I want to see one in action. For me, I just don’t know if I use mine enough to justify this big of a spend. Then again, I just bought a Vessel bag, so....

Nice write up, @JB. The style of it reminds me of a vintage Leica camera, very luxurious and high-end looking. I have mixed emotions on the USB charging - on one hand it's a nice feature and saves money on batteries, but on the other hand it's one more thing to remember to charge. The battery in my rangefinder lasts close to a year and I always have a spare in the bag, so I just pop it in when it dies (I know the GPS in this unit eats up more battery power than a plain rangefinder, though). OTOH, with more and more carts being equipped with USB charging outlets, it becomes less of a worry - just throw the USB cable in your golf bag. Also cool that it can be updated through a computer via USB - handy for when they add courses and/or update the firmware with additional features or bug fixes.

The green contouring is a really cool feature, and when I looked at the course list on their website I was amazed to see how many courses they already have mapped for it. That would come in especially handy when playing unfamiliar courses. I can't imagine using the green contouring is against the RoG, since green maps are legal, and although it wasn't mentioned I assume it has mode selection to allow slope to be turned off for competition purposes.

Definitely a premium price, but it's a premium product with the craftsmanship and all the features. I'm not sure anything else currently on the market compares with it.

If you saw on Instagram recently, we are going to be giving this device away next week so stay tuned. It’s that good.
Great to hear this!

I am eager to hear more THPer feedback on this unit.

Back