Voice Caddie SL1 Hybrid GPS and Laser Rangefinder

Love the brown wrap on that, makes it look really unique and quite classically basically... like a nice flask

I have to say, the look is super high quality. That leather wrap is top notch. I think I would be all over it if blue leather was an option.

Hit the wrong rating guy...my bad, should have been Max!

This is so bada$$ and really enjoyed the writeup! Your findings of all cylinders hitting and synced was outstanding. What a packed unit and information buffet. Will for sure check this out when I see one. Looking forward to feedback and finding one. We'll done!

Nice write up, @JB. The style of it reminds me of a vintage Leica camera, very luxurious and high-end looking. I have mixed emotions on the USB charging - on one hand it's a nice feature and saves money on batteries, but on the other hand it's one more thing to remember to charge. The battery in my rangefinder lasts close to a year and I always have a spare in the bag, so I just pop it in when it dies (I know the GPS in this unit eats up more battery power than a plain rangefinder, though). OTOH, with more and more carts being equipped with USB charging outlets, it becomes less of a worry - just throw the USB cable in your golf bag. Also cool that it can be updated through a computer via USB - handy for when they add courses and/or update the firmware with additional features or bug fixes.

The green contouring is a really cool feature, and when I looked at the course list on their website I was amazed to see how many courses they already have mapped for it. That would come in especially handy when playing unfamiliar courses. I can't imagine using the green contouring is against the RoG, since green maps are legal, and although it wasn't mentioned I assume it has mode selection to allow slope to be turned off for competition purposes.

Definitely a premium price, but it's a premium product with the craftsmanship and all the features. I'm not sure anything else currently on the market compares with it.

My first thought was also Leica!

Great writeup JB.. i like the hybrid functionality! This is on my ponder list for when I decide to update my existing rangefinder.

Great write up!

This is an absolutely stunning device; looks, features, trusted brand - it has everything you’d want!

I’m incredibly intrigued by the LCD screen under the rear optical lens and how I’d like using it compared to the traditional viewfinder. As someone who wears glasses or sunglasses on course, I think this could solve a universal frustration.

This one is a hard ponder for me. I’ve only used a rangefinder for a little over a year, but it’s all been on a simple well-known model without slope. I seriously wonder how this one would compare.

Great write up!

This is an absolutely stunning device; looks, features, trusted brand - it has everything you’d want!

I’m incredibly intrigued by the LCD screen under the rear optical lens and how I’d like using it compared to the traditional viewfinder. As someone who wears glasses or sunglasses on course, I think this could solve a universal frustration.

This one is a hard ponder for me. I’ve only used a rangefinder for a little over a year, but it’s all been on a simple well-known model without slope. I seriously wonder how this one would compare.
It reminds me a lot of when I switched to a Sony camera and the digital viewfinder.

It reminds me a lot of when I switched to a Sony camera and the digital viewfinder.
That’s a great analogy! I can instantly understand how that would likely feel while on the golf course.

Impressive how smart these devices are becoming while fitting naturally into our game and routines.

Reactions: JB
There is no question this is a stunningly premium looking rangefinder with all the goodies.

Being called voice caddie, I think the only thing that would put this over the top would be if it actually spoke the distances. Say 175 middle, 185 back. Maybe it says 155 to hazard or 180 to clear hazard. Man, that would be something I would pay a premium for.

We are giving one away right now.

Thanks for the write up @JB. There has been a lot of Goat debate lately.. When it comes to range finders this might be the best I have ever seen 👀

This thing looks fantastic and I can’t wait to give it a try.

I used it today and as a range finder it was phenomenal. The optics are very clear and it locks onto the pin fast and easy. I didn’t get the green function to work. It said that the course I was on had it, but maybe not. I will try it again the next time I play. Super cool to finally have a range finder; I have never had one before.

Ordered one and should arrive on Saturday. Excited to try this one out

It has arrived! Excited to try this one out!
BF6E55A9-095D-4C67-BBDB-624F4BCA4A26.jpeg

The one I won from a THP contest on Instagram had some issues with GPS and the green feature. I returned it for testing and they found it was defective and sent me a new one which I received today. I look forward to trying the replacement on Saturday.

The optics on this are superb and it’s super quick. Having the front middle and back numbers right there as well is great. Haven’t messed with the green undulation feature yet though. I’m coming from the Precision Pro NX7 slope and the optics aren’t even close, and I enjoyed the NX7

Ok following up on this. Have quite a few rounds with this already. I was able to get 3 full rounds in using the rangefinder and the GPs before needing a recharge. During the 3rd round i started getting the low battery warning but was able to get through the round with no issues. I'll say this again, the optics on this are exceptional. The best i have used or tried. The build quality is also great. Feels great in hand. There was only 1 course so far that had the green undulation feature working and quite honest didn't read up on how to use it so didn't know what all the colors meant. I can't stress enough how convenient Having the GPS there to know front, middle and back alongside an insanely accurate laser is. This thing is just solid. If I had to say something negative, is the no magnet feature which is super convenient on the precision pro, and the 2nd being that you cant read the GPS screen with polarized glasses on. At first I thought it wasnt working and it wasn't until I took my sunglasses off that i realized it was on the whole time and it was the polarized sunglasses not allowing to see the screen. Love this thing, hope I dont loose it!

Will the SL1 pick up hazards on the course also in addition to around the green? Out of bounds, trees, traps, dog leg turn, etc.?

Will the SL1 pick up hazards on the course also in addition to around the green? Out of bounds, trees, traps, dog leg turn, etc.?

Some.
See the feature on the next generation that came out this morning that does all of that and more.

Loving my SL1 but damn the SL2 looks abundantly better.

Loving my SL1 but damn the SL2 looks abundantly better.
I like the thought of being able to see the fairway more on the gps view, seeing yardages instantly to corners, bunkers, water, etc.

The one I won from a THP contest on Instagram had some issues with GPS and the green feature. I returned it for testing and they found it was defective and sent me a new one which I received today. I look forward to trying the replacement on Saturday.

you have any review updates?

wasn’t the one that @dacatalyst41 got have issues as well - want to hear all issues have been resolved before I take the plunge. CS is on point so that is a win

wasn’t the one that @dacatalyst41 got have issues as well - want to hear all issues have been resolved before I take the plunge. CS is on point so that is a win
Yes it is. Hoping they fixed those issues. It’s such a promising unit.

I never got the green undulation feature to work, but the gps features were fixed and I just may not have played a course that had the green feature. I only used the functioning unit a few times and was relying more on arccos gps with my phone. The fact that I couldn’t use my polarized sun glasses and see the outside gps screen was really the main reason I stopped using it. Hopefully, @robrandalgz will be able to update here once he starts using it. The optics alone seemed to be as good as any rangefinder I had seen, but my experience with rangefinders was very limited.

Back