Voice Caddie SL2 Hybrid GPS and Laser Rangefinder

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier this year, we had a feature story on the Voice Caddie SL1 device, which was a hybrid GPS and Laser. It became an instant classic, with it’s throwback aesthetics combined with some features not found anywhere else such as green undulation and more. Today the Voice Caddie SL2 Hybrid GPS and Laser Rangefinder is launching and fresh off the PGA Championship where nearly two dozen of them were in the bags of the best in the world.

2-2-1024x692.jpg

Kicking it off with the aesthetics, the SL2 is a pretty big departure from the SL1, without losing any of it’s “coolness”. Rather than the light...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes. That is an absolutely incredible sounding device!

It makes me think of cell phone technology. Back in 2002 it was amazing that you could download ringtones from the internet right from your cellular device. Now flash forward to 2021 and you’ve got more computing power in your personal device than the entire Apollo Space program.

I remember first hearing about distance measuring devices in golf and thought how cool that tech was; lasers beaming around the course. Then Voice Caddie comes along and we’re left holding their beer (as JB so perfectly put it).

Truly awesome integration of systems here in a remarkably handsome form factor. This is one worth paying attention - I suspect it will be a real game changer!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
That's pretty pricey, but wow - what a piece of kit! Unbelievable what they've managed to package into that.

That sounds really awesome. Do you know if they are planning on bringing out a new model every year or if they are going to slow it down a little?

That looks pretty nice. I prefer a GPS to a rangefinder but this would give me the best of both worlds. I will wait till next year when they come down in price.

There is a LOT to like here imo. Wow.

So, VC had 12 rangefinders in play at the PGA? Did I read that right? Because, WOW, that’s beyond impressive.

• Admin
There is a LOT to like here imo. Wow.

So, VC had 12 rangefinders in play at the PGA? Did I read that right? Because, WOW, that’s beyond impressive.
23 actually.

23 actually.

Considering the major competition at that event both talent and competitor in rangefinder that is an awesome number!

I've been waffling between a range finder or gps. Seems like I've found my answer if I can scrape up the pennies.

This device has phenomenal features. I pretty much have defaulted to think all lasers are about the same. Not any more. #impressed.

This will get a continued workout over the next couple of days at the THP Experience and we will update this thread as we test it out further.

Now that is cool. I don't like the price, but I like the features on this one !

“The 6x optical magnification works at over 1000 yards for you long hitters…” 🤣😂 Internet golfers.

Looks impressive for sure and I prefer these aesthetics to those of its predecessor.

ive been looking to upgrade from the Nikon CoolShot pro stabilized and think this will be the winner..... but first gotta find $600 to cover the cost!

lots of awesome tech going on here. Not sure if ill use it all to the same benefit as the pros but at least its there. Love the looks of this too!

This will get a continued workout over the next couple of days at the THP Experience and we will update this thread as we test it out further.

Can we have images of the device in action? curious to screen readouts on the device vs. stock images.

How easy is it to navigate the tiny screen with finger?

Can we have images of the device in action? curious to screen readouts on the device vs. stock images.

Sure. I will get some tomorrow for you.
Using it is actually super snappy as I mentioned in the review. Its as fast as their GPS watches in my opinion, or close, and they are some of the fastest I have used to date.

Would love to try this against my Bushnell Hybrid, i LIKEY!

Sure. I will get some tomorrow for you.
Using it is actually super snappy as I mentioned in the review. Its as fast as their GPS watches in my opinion, or close, and they are some of the fastest I have used to date.

Thats good to hear in the review and assume the default view probably gives enough information from a GPS Standpoint and obviously zone in on more pertinent information with rangefinder. This is the ultimate tool.

Same question here. ETA - Thanks for the answer, JB!

I really dig the features and the look but that is a lot of cash money. That's a new driver, custom putter or some wedges for crying out loud! And a good start on all the golf shoes I want! :LOL::LOL:

I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to get a rangefinder again or stick with my watch. All the new features in rangefinders these days make it very tempting. This one looks very nice.

Getting charged up for tomorrow.

71168DD8-D9F7-4683-B7A4-A1A2922F4C61.jpeg

Nice write-up J Bones -
Million question does it work - glad to hear it does.

how long to a full charge?

i prefer the tan leather on the 1 vs the white leather on the 2 but if it works I think one of these will be ordered

Back