Voice Caddie SL2 Hybrid GPS and Laser Rangefinder

Any idea on when this becomes available? I dont see it on their website yet.

I really don't need this, but seeing it become the official rangefinder for the LPGA Tour is peaking my interest again...

Is there a cooler device out there right now than this rangefinder? Seeing it in action during ShaftUp 2 was pretty neat as well. Really does seem like its the best of both worlds in one device. If you are in the market for a laser be hard to not consider this.

I really don't need this, but seeing it become the official rangefinder for the LPGA Tour is peaking my interest again...
I dont NEED it either but damn do I want it!

I'm looking at the $617 in my DraftKings account right now thinking....... Free rangefinder????

Is there a cooler device out there right now than this rangefinder? Seeing it in action during ShaftUp 2 was pretty neat as well. Really does seem like its the best of both worlds in one device. If you are in the market for a laser be hard to not consider this.

I just pinned it to my bag for my next round to try it out at the home course.

It feels like what Garmin was trying to do in the Z80 and Z82, but smarter and with better optics. The green undulation data is a sick feature if it's available at your local course.

I dont NEED it either but damn do I want it!

I'm looking at the $617 in my DraftKings account right now thinking....... Free rangefinder????
Yep that's definitely free now! :ROFLMAO:

Charging up for some golf later

58B6729D-0267-4380-824B-4A1A9A902E1D.jpeg

Watching and hearing from @JB during the Shaft Up about how well this device worked is making me consider an upgrade. I like the option of placing it on the bag and using it as you grab your club out.

I'm not in love with the looks personally, but seeing it in action, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Being able to realistically combine a laser and a full function GPS into that form factor is pretty awesome. My current Bushnell refuses to die and I'm not what I'd define as gentle with it. This would effectively replace a GPS watch and my laser for me. Don't necessarily have a problem with either, but the cool factor here is definitely high.

@JB Couple of questions: 1. Does the display turn off when it's sitting unused? 2. How does it compare size wise to say a Bushnell Tour v4/5?

I'm not in love with the looks personally, but seeing it in action, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Being able to realistically combine a laser and a full function GPS into that form factor is pretty awesome. My current Bushnell refuses to die and I'm not what I'd define as gentle with it. This would effectively replace a GPS watch and my laser for me. Don't necessarily have a problem with either, but the cool factor here is definitely high.

@JB Couple of questions: 1. Does the display turn off when it's sitting unused? 2. How does it compare size wise to say a Bushnell Tour v4/5?

Ya know, I am not sure if the display turns off as I don't remember. But we are headed out late this afternoon for 6 holes or so and will bring it and test it out for you.
Size wise it is similar if not slightly smaller. But going off memory.

It appeared to stay on today. At least when I was glancing at it it was on and giving me distances.

went to order today and looks like they're backordered already

Hoping these start landing in the hands of THP’ers soon. Im looking forward to hearing more feedback in here.

Any updates - I just become interested looking at JB's review and this thread.

The Bushnell Pro XE accounts for altitude, temps. But most of the time, I'm at sea level to 1k feet and one can account for temps after a few shots.

But the SL2 gives you so much good info and graphics - let's you see the hole.

Any updates - I just become interested looking at JB's review and this thread.

The Bushnell Pro XE accounts for altitude, temps. But most of the time, I'm at sea level to 1k feet and one can account for temps after a few shots.

But the SL2 gives you so much good info and graphics - let's you see the hole.

Back in town, I can update you.

I have not had a single issue with the device, but have also remembered to charge it after a round. I got 36 holes out of it recently though with no issues.

I really enjoy the hole layout, and if I wore a watch when I played, I could get similar with a laser and one of their watches I am sure. But all in one, works pretty darn well.

I had this in hand tonight and was very surprised when I looked in the lense! So clear and a lot of data. The package of looks and data were impressive.

The owner of it was on the same page as me with the charging of the battery, would like to have the Laser work on a regular battery and the GPS work on a rechargeable battery.

Big fan of this device. Compared to Arccos, the distances are pretty close (+ or minus 3 yards).

The GPS works well and all (even the smaller) courses near me have been mapped. Interestingly, a green book is still quicker to look at than the GPS device, but it’s more convenient in that it’s all in one.

Two areas of improvement:

1) Better off switch (it has an auto off but sometimes is a bit flaky)

2) Faster satellite acquisition - sometimes it takes a few mins for the satellite to be acquired.

I am really tempted to get one of these.

Back