Voice Caddie T8 GPS Watch

This looks very intriguing. Does the watch feel bulky or heavy when swinging? I have a Breitling and never wear it while playing golf, because of the weight.

This looks very intriguing. Does the watch feel bulky or heavy when swinging? I have a Breitling and never wear it while playing golf, because of the weight.
It’s super light weight so no on the aspect of too much weight

This thing looks pretty cool. Screen looks much bigger than my fitbit, which I've learned to navigate, so I'm sure I could use this without fat fingering it too often.

that thing is packed with features (y)(y)

Top of the line ultracpremium is right. Loaded with features that I'm not sure I would use at my level of play, but could definitely be great for someone's game

The size of that thing tho :oops:

Top of the line ultracpremium is right. Loaded with features that I'm not sure I would use at my level of play, but could definitely be great for someone's game

The size of that thing tho :oops:
It seems to be similar size to just about all of the GPS watches we have tested

It seems to be similar size to just about all of the GPS watches we have tested
I guess my s20 looks much smaller, or at least what I would think it would look comparatively

Reactions: JB
So I have used this for about 4 rounds now and split time between my wrist and on my bag to see if I like wearing a watch while I play. Heading in I would have said no, but coming out, it is so light it doesn't bother me at all.

Distances line up well to both the laser and the Motocaddy M5 caddy. Features are simple to use such as scoring and the green complex feature is so good. Courses like mine where the slopes are definitely there, but not always easy to see due to terrain really highlights the type of usage and why it works for me.

Overall I am pretty impressed and will continue trying it out later on this week.

So I have used this for about 4 rounds now and split time between my wrist and on my bag to see if I like wearing a watch while I play. Heading in I would have said no, but coming out, it is so light it doesn't bother me at all.

Distances line up well to both the laser and the Motocaddy M5 caddy. Features are simple to use such as scoring and the green complex feature is so good. Courses like mine where the slopes are definitely there, but not always easy to see due to terrain really highlights the type of usage and why it works for me.

Overall I am pretty impressed and will continue trying it out later on this week.
After you are done with your trial, I will be curious to hear which features you still use after the novelty wears off. Specifically if the green reading part is still something that you find useful, or if it is too much bother.

Looks great would love it if pin placement good be done on demand. For instance when you finish the hole and putt out you press something on watch and that is where pin is and therefore you get accurate putting stats from that. A bunch of Garmin folks have been pushing for that. Might be easier then best guess press of pin location on watch

I actually think the weight thing is overrated. It takes a short time to get used to it and then you don't even notice it on your wrist. My Garmin 935 weighed 49g, my Fenix 6 weighs 83g, and I haven't noticed the weight increase one bit, either while playing or during everyday wear (it stays on my wrist 24/7 unless I'm charging it). Before the 935 I wore an Apple Watch (30g), and before that I hadn't worn any watch at all for almost 4 years. Going from no watch to the Apple Watch was a little adjustment, but moving up to each of the Garmin watches from there was completely unnoticeable, at least to me.

FWIW, the specs on the Voice Caddy T8 say it weighs 1.7 oz, which is 48g - virtually the same as a Series 6 44mm Apple Watch (47g).

Last edited:
Voice caddie is stepping up their game! The new GPS/rangefinder and this are home runs!

20210819_192034.jpg

!🔥!🔥!🔥!

Thanks again for the opportunity @JB and @GolferGal !!

I have received it, am watching the THP video a COUPLE times (man this thing does a LOT), and installing their app. Also checking if I need to change something on my Whoop to swap what wrist it's on. Want this thing on my left.

I'm excited!!

View attachment 9023274

!🔥!🔥!🔥!

I have received it, am watching the THP video a COUPLE times (man this thing does a LOT), and installing their app. Also checking if I need to change something on my Whoop to swap what wrist it's on. Want this thing on my left.

I'm excited!!

Woohoo, USPS actually delivered on time. Looking forward to your feedback.

View attachment 9023274

!🔥!🔥!🔥!

I'm excited!!

You gotta get out and play some golf now, man. We're all waiting to see/hear how the VC T8 functions in the wild! ;)

You gotta get out and play some golf now, man. We're all waiting to see/hear how the VC T8 functions in the wild! ;)
He'll have 10 rounds on it by the end of the week! :LOL:

View attachment 9023274

!🔥!🔥!🔥!

I'm excited!!
In interested to see how you like it on a new course. I think some of the most interesting aspects of these devices are how's much they can help on a new course, kind of like a wrist caddie.

Frustrating introduction, but won't let it get me down. Have tried periodically for about 5 hrs to update it, but it seems like they're having server trouble. Keep getting a simple try again later message after a couple minutes. I did get two courses to download so I'm going to try to play one of those tomorrow and have some fun.

It's pretty darn light to me, and seems really comfortable. I have thin wrists, but have a few notches to spare, and it doesn't feel it look overly large to me at all.

Was charged and ready right out if the box. Just need that firmware upgrade and hopefully a couple more of the local courses.

I keep mine on the left wrist after trying the right. It helps to have a naked right hand to hit the screen. After one round, I did not even notice it.

I was able to get the update right away and downloading courses is fairly quick for me.

I've got to remember to turn on the phone app first, wait, and then Bluetooth takes over between phone and watch.

Directions or manuals do not yet exist for the T8 on the iPhone or website. That part is frustrating. I've tried using a prior model's instructions.

I'm still attempting to navigate distances to get layups, some of the functions are not setup for my home course - Texas Star - but I will play in Utah next week for 3 days and we'll see what happens with added functions.

I haven't used the putting green slope feature - need to find how to keep it on the watch. It wants to move to another screen.

This may take a lot of experimentation. I use a less expensive rangefinger in tandem as I get closer to the hole - within 150-60 yards to get the pin. If I can figure out all the features, this watch is a winner.

After you leave each hole, it has your strokes to green and putts, and you adjust to correct, and hit the checkmark for the score.

Frustrating introduction, but won't let it get me down. Have tried periodically for about 5 hrs to update it, but it seems like they're having server trouble. Keep getting a simple try again later message after a couple minutes. I did get two courses to download so I'm going to try to play one of those tomorrow and have some fun.

It's pretty darn light to me, and seems really comfortable. I have thin wrists, but have a few notches to spare, and it doesn't feel it look overly large to me at all.

Was charged and ready right out if the box. Just need that firmware upgrade and hopefully a couple more of the local courses.
So most of the courses in your area were not on the watch already? Weird.

So most of the courses in your area were not on the watch already? Weird.
No no no, there are a bunch. All but a couple I play. Didn't want to update still, but got more of them to download this morning and am ready to roll at one later this morning!

No no no, there are a bunch. All but a couple I play. Didn't want to update still, but got more of them to download this morning and am ready to roll at one later this morning!
Gotcha I think. You can use the watch at just about every place we have encountered right out of the box. Connecting to the phone does give you smart watch capabilities which is nice.

Back