Voice Caddie T8 GPS Watch

Haven't received a maintenance notice yet.

Usually get a "Do you want to update this Course?" when GPS finds the course. Takes about 2 minutes or less to update.

Last time out, after charging all night, turned it on at 10:30, tee-off delayed to about 11:50, and it ran out of juice on the 12th hole. It was a slowish round but not that slow.

Will see what it does next round.
It appears to just be affecting the app. The watch functioned correctly today but I even been able to access the app on my phone. Not a big deal, just bad timing for the first chance to use it.

That's interesting as I have not had any issue like that yet. I played 36 in a row over two days without charging and it worked until the 17th hole on the last round.

It was odd, JB. I always wiggle the watch a tad to make certain the electrodes are attached correctly when charging. Could be everything did not align correctly - I always check but stuff happens.

It was odd, JB. I always wiggle the watch a tad to make certain the electrodes are attached correctly when charging. Could be everything did not align correctly - I always check but stuff happens.

The first time I got it, I thought I was charging it and realized it wasn't on the nodes. I believe the face says fully charged when done, but Im going off memory and its not as good as it used to be.

The first time I got it, I thought I was charging it and realized it wasn't on the nodes. I believe the face says fully charged when done, but Im going off memory and its not as good as it used to be.

Thx. Will check for it. I need to take it out for a few holes before a round and just play with the watch. It's especially great on courses you have not played - I knew what to look for and distances to hazards.

Used this yesterday with an industry friend and he was impressed enough to want one haha.

Rather than wear it yesterday, I kept it clipped to the steering wheel of the golf cart and it worked really well for both of us to have easy access.

I now have 3 rounds with the T8.

The Good:
So may features! I have been using a Garmin S20 and then fenix 5s and having a full hole overview is great! *Finding a layup distance is much easier without having to got to my phone app for details or pulling the RF to get a mark.
*The green details are a great feature and have made me think more bout how to come into the greens on approach.
*It's very lightweight! Bigger in diameter that the fenix 5S but lighter.
*Distances have been accurate when check by another method or gps.

The Not So Good:
*When you get too close to another fairway the watch can jump to that hole. Make sure to figure out how to change back in advance so you dont have to spend your time fiddling with the thing when you should be playing.
* It has a par 4 as a 3 and a par 3 as a 4. Haven't encountered that on the Garmins.
*Scoring can be odd. It automatically guesses at your score as you leave the green. I took a par (4) on a hole and it had me down for 2 strokes and 4 putts for a 6. As I reduced the score it remove the 2 strokes and just had me for a 4 putt for par. :ROFLMAO:
I changed scoring from the advanced setting to simple and I prefer that personally.

Overall I really like the watch and am enjoying the features more each round. I'm hoping they will make a few software tweaks in the future to keep it from jumping to a different hole and make some course updates.

The Good:
So may features! I have been using a Garmin S20 and then fenix 5s and having a full hole overview is great! *Finding a layup distance is much easier without having to got to my phone app for details or pulling the RF to get a mark.
*The green details are a great feature and have made me think more bout how to come into the greens on approach.

The Not So Good:
*When you get too close to another fairway the watch can jump to that hole. Make sure to figure out how to change back in advance so you dont have to spend your time fiddling with the thing when you should be playing.
* It has a par 4 as a 3 and a par 3 as a 4. Haven't encountered that on the Garmins.
*Scoring can be odd. It automatically guesses at your score as you leave the green. I took a par (4) on a hole and it had me down for 2 strokes and 4 putts for a 6. As I reduced the score it remove the 2 strokes and just had me for a 4 putt for par. :ROFLMAO:
I changed scoring from the advanced setting to simple and I prefer that personally.

Overall I really like the watch and am enjoying the features more each round. I'm hoping they will make a few software tweaks in the future to keep it from jumping to a different hole and make some course updates.

On the scoring, it may pick up practice putts after you've finished the hole. That's my explanation. But it's an easy change when it comes up.

On the scoring, it may pick up practice putts after you've finished the hole. That's my explanation. But it's an easy change when it comes up.
That is the most likely explanation but I don't think I took any extra strokes on that green, but may have made some motions it picked up as a putting stroke.

Wasn't a big deal but I did find it amusing that it went in as a 4 putt 4 on that hole.

I have it and like it so far - how do you change holes? This happens if you walk too close to the next tee box as well…

Thanks!

The Good:

The Not So Good:

Update on the one I was sent to review -

Took a bit of back and forth, but it's been sent back for their warranty review process. I wasn't given a timetable, so I don't know when I'll hear or receive anything, but I'm hoping to get a functional unit and get it back out there. A couple of features really stood out as potentially beneficial to me, even amidst the frustration, so I'm looking forward to using it more.

OLDANDSTIFF OFFICIAL T8 REVIEW HERE

Last edited:
I have it and like it so far - how do you change holes? This happens if you walk too close to the next tee box as well…

Thanks!
If I recall correctly it's a swipe up and then you can scroll through a few options. I believe "change hole" is the option that it usually shows by default.
@Desmond Might be able able to answer for sure?

If I recall correctly it's a swipe up and then you can scroll through a few options. I believe "change hole" is the option that it usually shows by default.
@Desmond Might be able able to answer for sure?

True.

Although I can't say exactly how, but I swipe until I get a "change hole?" question.

Update on the one I was sent to review -

Took a bit of back and forth, but it's been sent back for their warranty review process. I wasn't given a timetable, so I don't know when I'll hear or receive anything, but I'm hoping to get a functional unit and get it back out there. A couple of features really stood out as potentially beneficial to me, even amidst the frustration, so I'm looking forward to using it more.
Hope it gets back to you quickly!

All charged up and ready for 9 holes tomorrow.

Just got one today. Haven't played with it yet, but I did walk with it on a couple holes on my local course just to check it out. One thing I noticed right away is that checking distances by clicking on the hazard or bunker is a bit cumbersome, can't zoom in far enough and it takes a few clicks to get it right. Then the distances displayed to the front and back are quite difficult to read, quite small and the colors don't show up very well. Next observation was the green slope function would be helpful when approaching the green, so you have some idea where to play if you want to stay below the hole. But when actually on the green the slope display seemed marginally useful, not really getting all the information your eyes are seeing, I'd probably just ignore the watch when on the green, don't really see that adding much, and the directional arrows are difficult to see. Overall kind of disappointed with the display, not quite bright enough, small, and colors much more washed out compared to the promo material. I found my eyes straining to see important information, with sunglasses on forget it. I'll give it a real try and play 18 with it, but if the display issues are a deal breaker I'm going to have to send it back. Too bad because I kind of like the features, I hope it works out.

UPDATE: Maybe I evaluated too early. My initial test with it was walking a few holes towards the end of the day, around dusk. Today I did the same thing around noon time and it was much better in bright, direct sunlight so that's a good thing. I'll play a full 18 and report back.

Last edited:

20210924_130459.jpg

Had a good time with it today second time out since getting it back. Yardages were good, one little scoring hiccup but got it corrected, and now I'm home.. for a while.. and fighting the thing I did before but under a little different circumstances because we quit early..

20210924_154137.jpg20210924_154703.jpg

Has ANYONE figured out how to manually end a round and get it out of golf mode?? It's weird to me to begin with from everything I've read about everyone just waiting for it to eventually, at some point, exit and link the round data to their phone, but quitting early I just don't see a way to do it. There are a limited number of swipes and taps that are even possible, and no combination will exit the round. ??

Edit: you press on hold the power button, like you're going to turn it off, which I was afraid to do for fear of losing the round, and it asks if you want to exit golf mode. And it looks like it filled in the remaining scores with par for a 67. I think it might have my hdcp as 0 and done it off that. Second edit- yes, it does. It wouldn't/won't let me input a plus cap. Which is fine by me when it comes to scorecard filling.

Last edited:
View attachment 9029836

Had a good time with it today second time out since getting it back. Yardages were good, one little scoring hiccup but got it corrected, and now I'm home.. for a while.. and fighting the thing I did before but under a little different circumstances because we quit early..

View attachment 9029837View attachment 9029838

Has ANYONE figured out how to manually end a round and get it out of golf mode?? It's weird to me to begin with from everything I've read about everyone just waiting for it to eventually, at some point, exit and link the round data to their phone, but quitting early I just don't see a way to do it. There are a limited number of swipes and taps that are even possible, and no combination will exit the round. ??
Nice round!

I have been able to end Golf Mode by holding down the side button, like shutting the watch off. It brings up the end golf mode prompt instead of the power off option.

Nice round!

I have been able to end Golf Mode by holding down the side button, like shutting the watch off. It brings up the end golf mode prompt instead of the power off option.
Yeah, I just edited that in that I figured it out. Felt weird to basically try to power it down to make it happen, so it was last resort. Lol Interesting method, and now I know. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:

I'm not going to comment after every round, more when I get a few more rounds in, but the on course correlation to shot quality and tempo readings on the watch was impossible to ignore today. Really interesting and valuable information imo.

Last edited:
My review of the T8 watch after 4 rounds:

Ease of Use – Overall I found the watch easy to use and fairly intuitive, which is good because the included instructions are minimal. I wish the available instructions were a bit more detailed, but they’re okay to get you started. Getting the watch connected online to download courses, update software and installing the app on the phone went smoothly. During the round the watch functions pretty much as expected, and gives me the information I need quickly without a lot of effort on my part. This is perhaps my favorite thing about this watch and the reason I bought it. I'm a fast player, and fumbling around through menus and multiple screens is the last thing I want to do when playing golf. This watch gives you what you need without a lot of fussing around and I really like that. I don't have to touch the screen a lot to get useful information, just a quick glance, or maybe 1-2 screen touches if needed and I'm good to go. The watch is very comfortable and light on the wrist, no problems with the battery life at least for one round. The display can be a bit difficult to read in the shade, in bright sunlight it’s great.

Course View – this was cool and helpful, especially if playing an unfamiliar course. You can easily identify unforeseen hazards and it automatically shows you distances to bunkers from the tee in the preview. I also like how you can adjust the line to show your normal driving distance so you can approximate your landing area off the tee. Touching the screen to find distances quickly is easy from tee to green, and the automated switching of screens when you get near the green is nice.

Green View – I found this feature to be useful on the approach shot, giving you a general idea of the green slope and where you may want to position your shot based on what the screen shows and where the actual flag position is located that you can see with your eyes. Once on the green, the information shown for slope and contour was not as valuable as what you can see with your eyes. The data shown is generalized, and certainly missing some key contours that are clearly visible when standing on the green. I wouldn’t depend on this watch to give you all the subtle break information that’s required to sink a putt, but it’s a fairly decent generalization of the overall slope, less so with the actual contours, it's just not detailed enough.

Accuracy – Distances are very good most of the time. I was using a Leupold handheld laser rangefinder that calculates slope to compare distances with the T8, and most of the time it was spot on, so the slope calculation in the T8 does work. There have been a few holes where the T8 distance was not what I expected, but most of time it seemed as accurate as any other GPS device. You can just use the default course view screen most of the time to get yardages, but one quick swipe takes you to the yardage screen to see front/back/middle of green distances that are easy to read.

Round tracking – This function was just okay. It seems to miss some shots regularly and I don’t know why. A lot of times it seems to miss my second shot after my tee shot, so sometimes I end up with 350+ yard drives (my typical drive is about 230). Having the app to view your round history after the round is a bonus, pretty cool to see all your shots mapped out after the round, even if it’s not all that accurate. It would be great if you could add/delete/move points in the app after the round to fix any mistakes. This is an area that could be improved, but it’s not a deal-breaker for me since I track everything myself on the scorecard and after the round in The Grint. The score recorded after each hole on the watch is usually wrong and needs to be adjusted before going on to the next hole, or you can just accept it and fix it later in the app.

Summary – I like the T8 watch. It's comfortable and doesn’t get in my way or slow me down. I find it intuitive and the display and user interface works well. Distances are mostly accurate (including the slope) and the course layout and preview are very helpful. The green slope is useful for approach shots, not so much on the green. Other features like round tracking and scoring work, but need improvement. I haven’t used the other non-golf related functions. I got it for $300 using the discount link provided (thanks!), so for $200 less than the Garmin S62 that's similar I'd say it's a very good alternative, and maybe better in some ways.

Last edited:

I'm still working on my final review, but have 6 rounds in on it since getting it back and the functionality on course is quickly becoming pretty automatic for me. Little taps

Screenshot_20211004-225740_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211004-225820_Gallery.jpg

giving the relevant/needed numbers real easily on hazards, carries, layups, etc. And as someone who used to only use GPS, moving pins based on course features that display in the layout

Screenshot_20211004-230033_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211004-230124_Gallery.jpg

feels like an old habit come back, and takes me no time at all out there. And the numbers have been real good.

Last edited:
Holy buckets. Had planned on finishing tonight, and had a long post written out and previewed which, historically, has saved it. But it's not here. At all. I will redo it outside the forum swhen I get a chance and copy and paste. That was a lot though...

Last edited:

Put a few more rounds on it between competitive stuff and am taking it out tomorrow for one more refresher before I re-write my review. There's potential it could shine with long sleeves and cold fingers.

Last edited:
Had some work recognition money set aside and finally bit the bullet today and ordered it. Should be in for my weekend round this week. Look forward to it. I have used the green maps before and that is my main motivation for purchasing.

That green heat map seems really cool!!! Simple and accessible.

Back