Voice Caddie T8 GPS Watch

It's pretty darn light to me, and seems really comfortable. I have thin wrists, but have a few notches to spare, and it doesn't feel it look overly large to me at all.

When you're ready, can we see it on your wrist as well? I know we already had some pictures with a comparison to a very small wrist but when it says 1.8 inches that feels like an above average watch size. I doubt it's too large, but I know I would appreciate another reference picture.

The Phone App is great, too. You can go back and edit scores. There were a couple of times when I did not start it up until the second hole (forgot) and you go into the phone, find the round, push edit, and it goes to your round. Sometimes, you forget on course to check the watch's score and it goes on to what it has - that's your time to correct putts or strokes to the green.

It also has cumulative stats for all rounds and individual rounds - GIR, Putts, Fairways Hit, etc. Everything I would not do without this watch. Helpful. Edit: Love this feature.

Last edited:
It also has cumulative stats for all rounds and individual rounds - GIR, Putts, Fairways Hit, etc. Everything I would not do without this watch. Helpful.
I actually really like this feature

I actually think the weight thing is overrated. It takes a short time to get used to it and then you don't even notice it on your wrist. My Garmin 935 weighed 49g, my Fenix 6 weighs 83g, and I haven't noticed the weight increase one bit, either while playing or during everyday wear (it stays on my wrist 24/7 unless I'm charging it). Before the 935 I wore an Apple Watch (30g), and before that I hadn't worn any watch at all for almost 4 years. Going from no watch to the Apple Watch was a little adjustment, but moving up to each of the Garmin watches from there was completely unnoticeable, at least to me.

FWIW, the specs on the Voice Caddy T8 say it weighs 1.7 oz, which is 48g - virtually the same as a Series 6 44mm Apple Watch (47g).
Definitely agree. As a Fenix 6 Pro daily wearer it's a heavier watch and I don't even realize I'm wearing it most of the time. Weight complaints are completely overrated.

Weight of T8: 47.5g or 1.67 oz

As previously stated, I don't feel it on my wrist.:)

Last edited:
Definitely agree. As a Fenix 6 Pro daily wearer it's a heavier watch and I don't even realize I'm wearing it most of the time. Weight complaints are completely overrated.
I'd have to agree that weight complaints are completely overrated, unless you're wearing a wrist weight with a watch face! :LOL: The Voice Caddy T8 at 47g should have negligible feel on the wrist.

20210820_100115.jpg

Off and running!

Yardages are good so far, it is comfortable with a swing, and we are getting acquainted with the features.

Gonna take a bit and watch the tutorial again before things get further out of hand. :LOL:. First time watch user here.

I will say that I did find it odd that I couldn't run through some of this with it last night. That you have to be on course. It would have eased this learning curve. I assume it's like that with watches, which is different for me.

@OldandStiff That's the way I felt.

I would think outside of a demo mode, which I am not sure which models have what, that would be necessary on most (it is on others I have) since they acquire the GPS at course. My first time with each, I just arrive a bit earlier and get it all setup and familiarized with it.

@OldandStiff That's the way I felt.
I'll get it figured out. Just doesn't seem like I will right this instance. Features are cool, I'm making pins on and balls on the green, heat map stuff is nice. I/it might have missed a couple tee shots (?) because scoring and trying to fix that has completely jumped the shark for now. Just gonna take some familiarity.

I'll get it figured out. Just doesn't seem like I will right this instance. Features are cool, I'm making pins on and balls on the green, heat map stuff is nice. I/it might have missed a couple tee shots (?) because scoring and trying to fix that has completely jumped the shark for now. Just gonna take some familiarity.

Just a matter of familiarity and trying features out and repeat...

I would think outside of a demo mode, which I am not sure which models have what, that would be necessary on most (it is on others I have) since they acquire the GPS at course. My first time with each, I just arrive a bit earlier and get it all setup and familiarized with it.

No issues with downloading or getting the App up right away, inputting scores and seeing what the hole looks like - it's taking the time to work on the specific features as in how many yards to a particular hazard and getting the slope of the green, even putt distance. Some features on some courses may not show - need to work on it more. I think it just takes going to the course either before or after your round and taking time to experiment and repeat it a few times. Then, it's easy. I play with my son who is always in a hurry to get off the course after a round and not go too early. Gotta' leave him at home one day.:D

Well first time was... a first time. Awkward, messy, little frustrating, bound to get better, and unexpectedly humbling. Lol

I played really well mostly despite spending quite a bit if time trying get familiar with it. Like I said, it was humbling. For someone who phone multi-tasks, and with multiple phones, on course more than anyone I've ever seen, the watch thing is definitely different. I'm sure it's like anything though. Just a little practice. Most things become obvious once they're known, and I get the sense I will appreciate its convenience in the end.

The yardages from the fairway were good, couple were off from tee to fairway, but I'll take the credit for those messing with it trying to sort out the score during those shots, it's plenty bright and easy to read, comfortable and didn't make my wrist sweat, the tempo stuff is cool and I'm interested to look at that and edit the score as soon as I can get it out of golf mode and close out the round. :unsure:

I don't know what you found, but if I was coming in from a different angle (lol), I thought you had to compensate for that - One reason I keep a Nikon RF in my back pocket. That's right, that RF is so small and light, that I just sit on it in the cart. I would just use the RF on approaches of 180 yds or less as a backup check. Seems to work well. As I gain more confidence with use, I may only use the RF on shots inside 100 yrds for pin hunting ;)

Alright I had an issue at the end. The round was done, but I knew the score was wrong, and hadn't figured out how to edit it while we were out there playing and trying to actually use it. So it asked me when we got to the parking lot with the cart if I wanted to 'exit golf mode'. I opted NO because I wanted to sort out the score thing. Which I did. We ditched out\r bags, changed shoes, went in to eat, and not playing I figured it out and edited it so I didn't should -9 on the front. :ROFLMAO:

The issue is/was that it was right at the end of eating and I hit the road. And then I couldn't exit golf mode. There was no series of swipes that would allow it. It just kept telling me to go back to the teeing ground. Ran errands, got to the house, looked for info anywhere on how to get it out of golf mode so I could actually see the round info. There's seriously no manual for this model. I took it off and did some others things and contemplated the dreaded power off. Eventually one of the times I checked on it the 'coffee break' (that's what the icon looks like) must have been long enough that it asked if I wanted to exit golf mode, yes, and then it uploaded to my phone.

Hoping there's a way to avoid that in the future, or I guess you just have to say yes, and then fix anything in the app later?

Alright I had an issue at the end. The round was done, but I knew the score was wrong, and hadn't figured out how to edit it while we were out there playing and trying to actually use it. So it asked me when we got to the parking lot with the cart if I wanted to 'exit golf mode'. I opted NO because I wanted to sort out the score thing. Which I did. We ditched out\r bags, changed shoes, went in to eat, and not playing I figured it out and edited it so I didn't should -9 on the front. :ROFLMAO:

The issue is/was that it was right at the end of eating and I hit the road. And then I couldn't exit golf mode. There was no series of swipes that would allow it. It just kept telling me to go back to the teeing ground. Ran errands, got to the house, looked for info anywhere on how to get it out of golf mode so I could actually see the round info. There's seriously no manual for this model. I took it off and did some others things and contemplated the dreaded power off. Eventually one of the times I checked on it the 'coffee break' (that's what the icon looks like) must have been long enough that it asked if I wanted to exit golf mode, yes, and then it uploaded to my phone.

Hoping there's a way to avoid that in the future, or I guess you just have to say yes, and then fix anything in the app later?

I believe that I just exited golf mode and waited some time for the score of the show up on my phone. At least, last time I think that happened and it took a few hours to have the phone upload that round to the phone so I could edit it. At first I was afraid my round was lost, but it showed up later that night

Couple quick reaction to the round info -

I guess it takes all your tee shots on par 4's and 5's as the 'Average Driver Distance'? I tee'd with a 4i some today trying to work in the new irons and that's all I can figure for how they got that number.

The chart plotting/graph looks like it's going to be really nice for Score, GIR, Putts/Hole, and Carry Distance (but again that one seems off), and I like that there's tabs for ALL, 2021, 10 rounds, and Select Dates

The scorecard and round/shot tracking looks GOOD! I'm liking that already. Tabbing through satelite views of the holes with the shots showing is nice.

Tested the scorecard share feature, buddy sent it back, and it looks clean, simple, except for what looks like some Korean (?) under the average putts per hole. Does share your email address in the image though. Don't love that.

EDit: mine only took a few minutes to upload and be available in the app once I was out of golf mode on the watch, @Desmond

Screenshot_20210820-155331_MyVoiceCaddie.jpgScreenshot_20210820-155431_MyVoiceCaddie.jpg

Here are a couple examples of the what I said with the yardages being off from tee to fairway. They were on a couple drives, but I thought it was from me messing with it. These were earlier, and on par 3's where I wouldn't have even walked in from of the tee box like it's showing. On the second one, that spot would be falling down a cliff. So that wasn't user related. I had them at 211 and 173 tee to ball.

We're mountainside-ish on some courses here, so maybe just not a great signal at times. I only noticed during the round because I was tracking point to point with my usual gps to check things and sometimes tee numbers were off by a decent bit.

Will try it on a different course next.

@OldandStiff Thanks for sharing all this. It seems the more features a GPS watch has, the steeper the learning curve for the user -- and the more little things that can be annoying / challenging at first. I'm breaking in a GPS watch that sometimes plots the wrong tee box, too, and I haven't figured out why -- did I approach the tee box differently?, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Does the VC T8 come with club sensors that go in each grip? How can it gauge Carry Distance?

@OldandStiff Thanks for sharing all this. It seems the more features a GPS watch has, the steeper the learning curve for the user -- and the more little things that can be annoying / challenging at first. I'm breaking in a GPS watch that sometimes plots the wrong tee box, too, and I haven't figured out why -- did I approach the tee box differently?, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Does the VC T8 come with club sensors that go in each grip? How can it gauge Carry Distance?
No, no club sensors. Just the watch. It picks up swings, so there wouldn't be a need for club sensors. It definitely thought a practice swing or two were swings, because it showed a tempo for them. Lol. Didn't actually count them though. It was really good about having the swings right. Putts it seemed to get the first one only. I do a lot of backhand/lefty/etc cleanup on short ones though so I wouldn't expect it to get those. Just have to add one with a swipe on the score.

Not sure about it having me on the side of a rock face on that one, or the others. I started noticing when I crushed a drive on 7. It's a pretty consistent 424 to center because the tee box is real small, and when I got to my ball, with pin in the back, my laser yardage didn't add up to what it said I hit the drive.

There's a decent chance any issue there could be sorted out with the update I couldn't get to load last night though. Just one round. Next will be better.

Except the score, probably..:LOL:

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210820-180437_MyVoiceCaddie.jpg

😕😕😕

FWIW -- I just went through this with the SS V3 GPS watch. I had to: totally power off the watch and delete the app from my phone. Then re-download and re-install the app to the phone. Then power on the watch and re-connect to the app. Then do the firmware update process. Got a "Update Successful" message on first try. (I had received "Update Unsuccessful" several times before doing all the above.)

Screenshot_20210820-190911_MyVoiceCaddie.jpg

Little never give up, never surrender, and we're in business!

Man that felt like when you find a sweet set of irons somewhere that you're going to reshaft and regrip, but you want to take them out so bad once you have them that you do it with the 2 flex and 2 grip size difference, and it's an automatic mistake. Lol. Least now I know what I'm working with. Woo!

When you're ready, can we see it on your wrist as well? I know we already had some pictures with a comparison to a very small wrist but when it says 1.8 inches that feels like an above average watch size. I doubt it's too large, but I know I would appreciate another reference picture.

Posted some already.

20210820_101309.jpg

Trying to think. Need scale for my skinny @$$ wrists...

Alright, I got weird for 3 pictures (wife was like wtf??) so they'll have to do.

20210820_225943.jpg20210820_225822.jpg20210820_225810.jpg

Best scale l can do. Beyond that just trust the manufacturers measurements and your own watch experiences. I have 3 holes left (4th) to tighten, which is honestly better than most. I'm usually in the 3rd position on this type of band.

Back