Vokey SM8 WedgeWorks: Let's see your designs!

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Well the Vokey Experience was cancelled, but it's not all sad news. We will be able to design our wedges via WedgeWorks which gives a ton of options. I want to see your designs! Follow the link below, create your wedges, and post a picture of it in this thread! Really looking forward to seeing what THPers come up with.

Not going to lie I did this when I first found out about it in March and created a few. I will try to get to this tonight or tomorrow and post my design for what I'm thinking.

Well the Vokey Experience was cancelled, but it's not all sad news. We will be able to design our wedges via WedgeWorks which gives a ton of options. I want to see your designs! Follow the link below, create your wedges, and post a picture of it in this thread! Really looking forward to seeing what THPers come up with.

The customizable options are pretty amazing. So may options

Mine are in my bag already (y)

And this is going to be super fun for the guys who were going, a set of WedgeWorks wedges is pretty freaking Killer!

1591218034855.png

This thread is going to be a ton of fun soon.

I’ve never thought customized wedges ever look good, but I’ve always enjoyed the clean blacked out look.

1592326274372.png

This would be my 52* F grind

Screenshot_20200616-125347_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200616-125347_Chrome.jpg

If @ddec doesn’t go raw I’m disowning him.

I'm getting ready to get started on mine soon. Trying to decide on the straight black tour velvet grip or the black and red multi-compound. I love the feel currently on my SM7's with the black and white tour velvet.

This thread will be a fun follow. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

I'll probably focus more on mine once nerfny gets home and I am off baby duty. I know my lofts, grinds, finish, and grips. Need to figure out stamping and shafts.

A preview of a few coming attractions!

First up - The Undertaker

Undertaker because it is going to throw darts right on the greens.

50.12 - F grind, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Shaft, BV Golf Pride MCC 4 Grip
SM8-50.JPG

Next - The Money Maker

Named this the Money Maker bc it's my go to loft mostly used for chips and pitches around the green. Luck of the irish color theme

56.08 M Grind, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Shaft, BV Golf Pride MCC 4 Grip

SM8-56.JPG

Finally, the Heart Breaker

Breaking the hearts of golf course designers and playing partners, the Heart Breaker is a weapon in bunkers and for flop shots and tight shots.

50.14 K Grind, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Shaft, BV Golf Pride MCC 4 Grip

SM8-60.JPG

I had a Moneymaker once.
Three wedges. I had Wow Factor, Widow Maker and Money Maker.

I had a Moneymaker once.
Three wedges. I had Wow Factor, Widow Maker and Money Maker.

Argggh.... totally missed out on Widow Maker.... that would have been a good one. However, my son and I nicknamed a hole on the back 9 of our course the widowmaker, so he'd probably always be confused which one I was talking about

• Haha
Reactions: JB
SM8.png

Today we got the PM that it was time to order our SM8 wedges! While i am super sad that i wont be meeting some new THPers next week in Mass for the Vokey Experience i am excited to get these in the bag. At my fitting i was hitting these very well. I feel these are going to help me knock a few strokes off the game.

If you have not messed around on Vokey Wedgeworks it is a great sight to customize clubs. Very easy to use and just tons of options for you to choose from. Between color choices,stamping options you can mess around on there for quite awhile. I already had my list set for what i was ordering and got right in there today and got it done! I am a huge fan of the clean black and white color scheme on the SM8 wedges. I kept that color going with my stamping options on each club. All 3 wedges will have Vokey TT S200 shafts and White and black GP Tour Velvet grips. The THP stamping was a must for me as i LOVE this community and i want to represent them well. It is also a reminder of why i have these beautiful wedges in the first place!

First up is my 52/12 F grind
sm8-52.png
Next up is my 56/14 F Grind
Sm8-56.png
And my final choice is the 60/12 D Grind
SM8-60.png

I love a 60* wedge and it is my go to around the green so i went with the Up&Down toe stamp that Vokey offers! The Vokey clovers on the 52/56 are for good luck!

I picked the black ferrule with the chrome band and the clean BV shaft label in black. These might be too pretty to play when they arrive!

The chrome band! that will set these off great!

Today we got the PM that it was time to order our SM8 wedges! While i am super sad that i wont be meeting some new THPers next week in Mass for the Vokey Experience i am excited to get these in the bag. At my fitting i was hitting these very well. I feel these are going to help me knock a few strokes off the game.

If you have not messed around on Vokey Wedgeworks it is a great sight to customize clubs. Very easy to use and just tons of options for you to choose from. Between color choices,stamping options you can mess around on there for quite awhile. I already had my list set for what i was ordering and got right in there today and got it done! I am a huge fan of the clean black and white color scheme on the SM8 wedges. I kept that color going with my stamping options on each club. All 3 wedges will have Vokey TT S200 shafts and White and black GP Tour Velvet grips. The THP stamping was a must for me as i LOVE this community and i want to represent them well. It is also a reminder of why i have these beautiful wedges in the first place!

View attachment 8949373
View attachment 8949374
View attachment 8949375

I love a 60* wedge and it is my go to around the green so i went with the Up&Down toe stamp that Vokey offers! The Vokey clovers on the 52/56 are for good luck!

I picked the black ferrule with the chrome band and the clean BV shaft label in black. These might be too pretty to play when they arrive!
Beautiful.

View attachment 8949373
View attachment 8949374
View attachment 8949375

Love these... Clean and classic! I too have some THP love, I got a laser etching to the shaft of each wedge saying "THP Fan"

Love these... Clean and classic! I too have some THP love, I got a laser etching to the shaft of each wedge saying "THP Fan"

That is a nice touch i probably should of put something in there!

Love seeing some D grind action for some. Freaking INCREDIBLE grind.

Back