Vokey SM8 WedgeWorks: Let's see your designs!

Love seeing some D grind action for some. Freaking INCREDIBLE grind.

That is an awesome grind in the 60 for me! The day these show up i will be out getting familiar with them!

@Bryndom hit it right with his selections - if you're going to get all three (or four) wedges in the same finish get the lofts done in different colours so they are easy to grab out of the bag. I wished I had done custom when I ordered mine, so I will have to do some paint fill on my own.

Pretty excited that a bunch of THPers get to go through this and order anything they want. All things considered this year, that is fun

Pretty excited that a bunch of THPers get to go through this and order anything they want. All things considered this year, that is fun

It was amazing! I couldn't believe the options available to us... A few counts that I picked up:

• Over 20 shaft options
  • Over 23 grip options
  • Custom length/loft/lie/swing weight settings
  • 10 color options for stamps and items
  • Multiple stamp options (like 6+ symbols) plus letters
  • Stamp options for toe
  • Multiple ferrule options
  • Multiple custom shaft wrap label
  • Ability to laser etch custom messages on the shafts (steel only)

The number of combinations was mind boggling. And THP made all of this happen. I spent a few hours putting together the options for mine and I cannot say enough great things about this community that made that happened. I have been giddy all day thinking about how fantastic these are going to be! A lot of thanks to THP, Titleist, @JB, @GolferGal to make all this happen for us

Posted photos of these along with some other screenshots in the Vokey Experience thread. Here are pics of what I ordered.
6D66E64C-3B00-49D0-99D8-3774EA3E4D0A.png
1081E94C-AED2-43A8-97F7-9990500958A2.png
04B6C098-DF66-4474-A2C6-7EC476F43B73.png

My wedges are all about family. I ended up going with SM8 Raw, not just so @Jman would be happy, but he knows my lust for rust.

I ended up trusting my fitting even though it was a different fit than I have every received in my life. Earlier in the year I decided I wanted to go graphite in my wedges, and while wedgeworks didn't allow for the shaft my fitter recommended, I was able to fall back on one I was familiar with in Steelfiber. I ended up ordering each wedge .5" long because during my fitting I saw better contact and spin numbers that way. We shall see if that was wise or not, but I didn't want to doubt the fitting. 50/54(bent to 55)/60. F/D/M.

For the stamping, like I said, all about family for me.

On the 50, the colors are Purple and White. My wife, plays in a Blondes vs Brunettes charity football game for the Alzheimer's Association every year, and make me very proud when she does so. We both love Seinfeld so it seemed only proper to stamp this one with Schmoopie.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.28.53 PM.png

The 54 and 60 look similar because when you do the curve stamping, it limits the other things that can be done to the wedge. Which is ok by me.

54 is my Lexie Pickles, who is my 13 year old Yellow Lab that we rescued from a shelter in Indiana 12 years ago. Yellow paintfill is clearly done for her yellow coat. She is also a 2 time THP event veteran, so I proudly throw her name on this wedge.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.38.02 PM.png

60 is for my son Leo Patrick and blue is the color of choice because that is the traditional boy color. His name went on the 60 because that wedge is always a bit dangerous and needs to be handled with care, just like him.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.43.27 PM.png

Couple of small things in the designs as well. All three have a white on white Wings and BV logo. Ferrule's are black with a silver band. Grip is Golf Pride MCC +4.

My wedges are all about family. I ended up going with SM8 Raw, not just so @Jman would be happy, but he knows my lust for rust.

I ended up trusting my fitting even though it was a different fit than I have every received in my life. Earlier in the year I decided I wanted to go graphite in my wedges, and while wedgeworks didn't allow for the shaft my fitter recommended, I was able to fall back on one I was familiar with in Steelfiber. I ended up ordering each wedge .5" long because during my fitting I saw better contact and spin numbers that way. We shall see if that was wise or not, but I didn't want to doubt the fitting. 50/54(bent to 55)/60. F/D/M.

For the stamping, like I said, all about family for me.

On the 50, the colors are Purple and White. My wife, plays in a Blondes vs Brunettes charity football game for the Alzheimer's Association every year, and make me very proud when she does so. We both love Seinfeld so it seemed only proper to stamp this one with Schmoopie.

View attachment 8950226

The 54 and 60 look similar because when you do the curve stamping, it limits the other things that can be done to the wedge. Which is ok by me.

54 is my Lexie Pickles, who is my 13 year old Yellow Lab that we rescued from a shelter in Indiana 12 years ago. Yellow paintfill is clearly done for her yellow coat. She is also a 2 time THP event veteran, so I proudly throw her name on this wedge.

View attachment 8950227

60 is for my son Leo Patrick and blue is the color of choice because that is the traditional boy color. His name went on the 60 because that wedge is always a bit dangerous and needs to be handled with care, just like him.

View attachment 8950228

Couple of small things in the designs as well. All three have a white on white Wings and BV logo. Ferrule's are black with a silver band. Grip is Golf Pride MCC +4.
Those came out great. Cant wait to see them in action this summer

@ddec I absolutely LOVE them!

BRING ON THE RUST!

But that D grind in the SW? Its gonna be a BOSS.

@ddec I absolutely LOVE them!

BRING ON THE RUST!

But that D grind in the SW? Its gonna be a BOSS.

yeah it was pretty fun at the fitting.

This deserves a bump and more eyes/convo. Some killer stuff in here.

Great designs @ddec those look great! I am very excited to get my wedges in. I am most looking forward to my D grind.

I just got a call from my office that i have a delivery from Titleist! I am leaving my house now!!

I just got a call from my office that i have a delivery from Titleist! I am leaving my house now!!

Well that is downright exciting

Titleist does Plan B in a 1st class way.

Well this was a nice unexpected surprise to have these so fast! With 3 days of golf ahead of me i cannot wait to get these into the bag and on course. The clubs are beautiful and exactly as i ordered. I will be putting my reviews up of each club in the SM8 thread. I cannot thank @JB & @GolferGal enough for the opportunity to have these wedges. A special thank you to the people at Titleist for always taking care of us here at THP!

SM8.jpgSM8-1.jpgSM8-2.jpgSM8-3.jpgSM8-4.jpgSM8-5.jpgsm8-6.jpgsm8-7.jpgsm8-8.jpgsm8-9.jpg

they came out great man! Hit them well

Well this was a nice unexpected surprise to have these so fast! With 3 days of golf ahead of me i cannot wait to get these into the bag and on course. The clubs are beautiful and exactly as i ordered. I will be putting my reviews up of each club in the SM8 thread. I cannot thank @JB & @GolferGal enough for the opportunity to have these wedges. A special thank you to the people at Titleist for always taking care of us here at THP!

View attachment 8951556View attachment 8951557View attachment 8951558View attachment 8951560View attachment 8951562View attachment 8951564View attachment 8951565View attachment 8951567View attachment 8951568View attachment 8951569
Make sure you hit up the regular Vokey sm8 thread with these pics too.

These came out amazing! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts once you get to start playing them!!

Thank you @Bryndom i am shocked they were here but super happy! Heading out in a few hours for the first swings with them! I cannot wait to see all of the others when they come in!

Back