Volleyball - club or school

Wisconsin leading 2-1, Nebraska needs to serve better if they want to pull this out. @jmix18 your daughter must be pretty good if she is playing at the same club as Ashburn and Hilley, good luck to her in VB career.
I’ll say she’s worked hard but has a long way to go. Still growing at 5’10” and 14 years old - so all dependent on how hard she works.

21 blocks so far tonight by Wisc…. 🔥🔥🔥

Hames needs to run a little better offense for Nebraska. She isn't getting her hitters 1 on 1 enough

5th set here we come

Could be part of the Rant page... but it's now 8:30ish pm on a Tuesday night... Daughter just started club practice. We won't get out of here until 10 pm. 45 min drive home... it'll be an 11:15 or so bedtime.

Overall the season has been going well so far to the short start. As a 14's team, last weekend they beat a top 17's team (17-1), a 16-2's team and should have beaten a stacked rival club's 15-2's team. I do have to remember that this time goes quickly and to embrace and enjoy this time even though I think some of it is ridiculous.

My daughter done school volleyball straight into travel all while doing high school cheer. Trust me, travel volleyball is far better than travel cheer. Like 10k a year better. :LOL:

My daughter done school volleyball straight into travel all while doing high school cheer. Trust me, travel volleyball is far better than travel cheer. Like 10k a year better. :LOL:
It's all relative I'm sure. I'm sure with the travel cheer there are as many if not more travel dates and destinations than volleyball. I enjoy the matches and the excitement that is always present at the volleyball tourneys. Good times.

It's all relative I'm sure. I'm sure with the travel cheer there are as many if not more travel dates and destinations than volleyball. I enjoy the matches and the excitement that is always present at the volleyball tourneys. Good times.
The matches and such are fun but the rest of the memories stand out now that it’s all done. Cheer…. Not much good for me to speak of lol

My seat for the day. Another weekend… another VB tourney. Won 1st match 25-16, 25-5.
E362EADD-FF7C-4EED-A6BB-D3244F1DF6BF.jpeg

Oldest and wife have been in Orlando for the past 5 days playing at the AAU National Tourney. 1st - it sucks sitting at home watching them online. Just not the same feeling or excitement... and can't really support either of them as they go through the ups and downs of a tourney.

They're in the 14 Open division and when we found out they were playing open - we were just hoping for 1 win overall. Well - they did well enough to get to the gold bracket the 3rd day, got whooped yesterday, and now are playing for consolation. overall a good tourney for the girls and something they'll remember as they continue their VB playing.

Volleyball has taken over my house. I'm sitting here watching Nebraska take on MN in Volleyball. My oldest daughter just finished her volleyball season and she has club tryouts tomorrow (Sunday), Monday and Thursday this week. And my youngest is trying to figure out how big she'll be so she can determine what position she'll play in a few years. Also - my wife coaches club... While I love watching the game, it has taken over pretty much all we do right now. Anyone else out there feeling my pain?
I did with soccer from age 4? Through 4 years of college. With kid one. And with kid two it was soccer, softball, tennis, ice skating, swimming, THEN GOLF! made it worth the wait!

so yes, I’ve felt your pain. I was volunteered to coach kid 1 from second season to mid high school. What did i know about soccer back then? Nothing!

Proud dad here… kiddo worked her tail off this summer to improve her skills heading into her sophomore season. Tryouts were this week and she found out today that she made the varsity squad.

And so it begins…Tryouts have started for one (oldest daughter) today and will continue through Thursday. And tryouts have been completed for the other one (youngest) who made the club and will be playing 14’s in her first year of trying out.

Thoughts and prayers are requested in that we make it through the season (through June) without a big issue happening (anywhere from losing a child to just dropping one off on the side of the road - I kid I kid….) and they/we all remain healthy and in the end - have fun and grow from this experience.

Oldest is moving up an age level this year so she’s a bit nervous… but mom’s the most nervous of them all.

And so it begins…Tryouts have started for one (oldest daughter) today and will continue through Thursday. And tryouts have been completed for the other one (youngest) who made the club and will be playing 14’s in her first year of trying out.

But actually besides that I want to make a recommendation that will probably help you with your decision, character analysis essay sample this source is one of the best I have ever tried, for me it is important that my writing is good, that's why I prefer to use as many sources that help me with this.

Oldest is moving up an age level this year so she’s a bit nervous… but mom’s the most nervous of them all.
Glad everything is as good as it can be, I was waiting for an update.

Last edited:
5 weeks of nerves and tears and lack of patience are over.. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions for the 3 ladies in my house over the last 5 weeks. And there's been a copious amount of old fashioned's drank by yours truly the last 5 weeks.

Finally got team results last night for my oldest and there were tears of joy on her part. More tears... but good ones. Very proud of her!

We decided it was time for her to jump an year going from 14's last year to play 16's this year. She's worked hard and it's paid off for her. Now it' really time to get to work for the next 6 months or so. Practice starts at 10 am tomorrow and we won't be done until July 6th '23.

So.. now with 2 playing traveling VB, we'll be around the nation throughout the year. Hopefully I'll be bringing my sticks along and looking to meet up with some THPers for a round or 2.

Back