Tour Event Volunteers of America Classic

*Range Rat

Chop since 1977
Reaction score
Handicap
poor skill
From Old American GC in The Colony, TX 🇺🇲

Low scores so far today. Jin Young Ko leads the way after a sparkling -8(63), one shot back at -7 are Lee#6 and I.G. Chun, followed by American Emma Talley at -6, Aussie Sarah Jane Smith & American Gerina Piller at -5 ⛳

Last edited:
Isn't someone on here a member at Old American? Working the tournament this weekend?

I'm a member. Not working the tournament. But, I will be watching on Saturday. They apparently set up the course to be receptive for low scores. There was little to no wind yesterday and they set up some of the hardest holes to play very short. Granted it isn't a major tournament and the ladies have skills. But, some of the hole setups took key fairway bunkers out of play allowing the ladies to bomb away.

When the wind is blowing which is typical, the course plays quite difficult. The rains will soften the fairways and greens. It will be interesting how they set up the course for the weekend.

Rain problems this weekend, might have to reduce the tourney to 54 holes :confused2:
At this late hour about half the field still hasn't teed off in round 2

Still way behind due to rain; the leaders just teed off about 30 mins ago in round 3. They'll need help from no more rain and every morsel of daylight to finish tonight. Its a close, competitive tourney with a lot of ladies in the mix - hope they get to play it out.

The ladies are dialed in with these low wedge shots stopping on a dime right by the hole. It’s a lot of fun watching them tear up the soft conditions.

That’s a solid leaderboard. JYK wants her #1 spot back.

Finland’s 🇫🇮 Matilda Castren staying hot, looking for win #2 in the past month

No offense to @scott.french3, but that course did not look like acceptable conditions for LPGA golf.

No offense to @scott.french3, but that course did not look like acceptable conditions for LPGA golf.
They played lift, clean and place due to rains and some spots still damaged from the February freeze. If you saw pics from just a month ago, there was a huge impeovement in the conditions.

Back