Wager Thread - The 2013 Morgan Cup

Jjmorris

Will Post for Thanks
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
The time is here and there is no better way for the forum to get involved with the Morgan Cup 3.0 then to place some FRIENDLY wagers. Maybe you see a match that could be an upset you want to ride, maybe it is your favorite team, or maybe you just want to go against the grain. Whatever it may be, this is the thread to challenge your fellow THP'rs!

Of course there are some rules, they are short and sweet:
since there is a lot of wager talk, I want you guys to please respect one side of it if you could. All wagers must be of the fun THP variety. Avatars, signatures, things on the forum. Any wagers containing monetary value such as cash or equipment should not be part of this or put on the forum. Thanks.
Also, Morgan Cup participants are not allowed to make wagers.

For anyone not sure what to wager, please look back on these threads for some ideas:
2011 Wager Thread
2012 Wager Thread

Here are the teams and participants if you haven't picked a favorite yet or need to reference:
Spoiler
Team Albatross
War Eagle - :cleveland:
Mikedean - :bridgestone:
Canadan - :cleveland:
Wadesworld - :callaway:
Thainer - :bridgestone:
Wicked Cool Bearded Man - :cobra:
Castor Hades - :cobra:
Wake - :callaway:

Team Hackers
Chunky - :bridgestone:
One-T - :cleveland:
Bullfrog - :cobra:
Ingolfer - :bridgestone:
Dhjkelly - :callaway:
Yorkem - :callaway:
Tnolan - :cobra:
Mcook77 - :cleveland:

Team Paradise
Puttin4Bird - :callaway:
JT723 – :cleveland:
Lambro2 - :cobra:
Dhill37 - :cleveland:
Tadashi70 - :callaway:
DCBrad – :bridgestone:
Howzat - :cobra:
Arydolphin - :bridgestone:

Team DotCom
Ddec – :cobra:
Nate - :callaway:
Buckjob - :callaway:
White Rhino - :bridgestone:
TripleBogieTim - :bridgestone:
DDXU - :cleveland:
Icey Shanks – :cobra:
JConn - :cleveland:

And finally, a thread to reference the match-ups, as they are announced:
2013 Morgan Cup Match-ups

I will keep this post updated with wager's as they are created.

Wagers:

Jjmorris (Team Paradise) bets TexasHacker34 (Team .Com) bets woody_74 (Team Hackers) Bets T2GRN18 (Team Albatross) - Three losers have to do a hot sauce review video.

SharkHat bets DevRickus - Buck & TBT win over Canadan & WCBM for 2 week avatar control.

TexasHacker34 bets cpljohnst - Nate & IceyShanks win over Lambro & Howzat for 2 week avatar control.

DevRickus (Team Albatross) bets SharkHat (Team Hackers) bets TexasHacker (Team .Com) bets cpljohnst (Team Paradise) - Winner decides the punishment for one month..

DevRickus bets Mward
- If Freddie does NOT lose a match on Saturday, Mward has to dress like a Leprechaun at the Atlanta Invitational. If Freddie loses one or more matches Saturday, DevRickus has to dress up like a Panda at the Atlanta Invitational.

SharkHat bets TexasHacker - P4B & Ary win over Ddec & DDXU for 2 week signature control (WITB to be replaced by a properly embarrassing phrase or picture)

OG bets DawgDaddy -
Canadan & WCBM win over Buck & TBT. Loser has to wear the ear rings in the link below at the Atlanta Invitational. Info in Spoiler.
Spoiler
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261063599116?hlp=false&var=
$(KGrHqJ,!mIFGrfs+ko2BRv7)zeB,w~~60_3.JPG

Scrap Iron bets cpljohnst - The Finisher and Wadesworld win over dcbrad & dhill37 for two week avatar control.

Jersey Nate bets Texashacker - WarEagle will beat Dean in Sunday Singles. Loser has to do a right hand HOTD.

JonD bets Jjmorris - MikeDean and Castor win over JConn & Icey Saturday PM for 2 week avy & sig control.

T0AD bets cpljohnst
- InGolfer and Bullfrog win over Freddie & JT Saturday AM for Attire (in ATL) and avater rights through ATL Invitational.

Last edited:
We are getting close now. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for bets this year.

I am going to start the wager with a four-way challenge to those interested. I am putting my bet on Team Paradise to win the Cup. I need three other people in the bet to each select one of the remaining teams.

Here is my wager: the three people who lost the bet have to do a hot sauce review ON VIDEO. (JR will approve an appropriate hot sauce to hopefully keep anyone out of the hospital :D)

JJ me and you are going to need a wager or two.. My team is .com and I know you are Jakenation

I am going to start the wager with a four-way challenge to those interested. I am putting my bet on Team Paradise to win the Cup. I need three other people in the bet to each select one of the remaining teams.

Here is my wager: the three people who lost the bet have to do a hot sauce review ON VIDEO. (JR will approve an appropriate hot sauce to hopefully keep anyone out of the hospital :D)

Boom! I am in for .com side of it

We are getting close now. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for bets this year.

Bet on who gives out the most "Good Shot" comments in a given match.

LOL...that is awesome! I'm so glad Dan ended up not taking that option on the bet last year. But this will be great!

This will be FUN to follow.

Bet on who gives out the most "Good Shot" comments in a given match.

If only we were allowed to bet. That round is going to be so much fun. I will need to remind myself I am there to beat you to a pulp in between the laughter.

I'll take your hot sauce bet, and I will go with Team Hackers which is really just a shot in the dark, but they do have people who have one it before. I might have to recruit JeffReedMO if I lose since I'm not sure how to post a video on this site.

I'm in...albatross is my squad.... And I hope you enjoy the hot sauce dudes!

please no one bet on me i can't handle the additional pressure im about to fold as it is..... and i'm a 18 handicap and climbing.

Looks like we have 1 wager complete!

please no one bet on me i can't handle the additional pressure im about to fold as it is..... and i'm a 18 handicap and climbing.
Is there still flooding around where your at Buck? Cause it sounds like a full sandbagging effort is underway

I don't think this is the sandbagging thread Buck hahaha

my bad... i just wanted everyone to know my playing ability...so they can make a fair wager.

my bad... i just wanted everyone to know my playing ability...so they can make a fair wager.

I think too many THPers have seen you play to fall for that bs.

I think too many THPers have seen you play to fall for that bs.

He's not kidding....the Callaway equipment is killing his game thus far. He lost 20 yards on his drives using that driver now. From 360yds to 340yds.

But he is straighter now.

these bets always create for some fun outcomes/outfits...

Up for a wager for two week avitar control
Day 1 Scramble
My pick is Canadan and WCBM will win the match

Any takers? I don't blame you if your scared of that one.

Up for a wager for two week avitar control
Day 1 Scramble
My pick is Canadan and WCBM will win the match

Any takers? I don't blame you if your scared of that one.

why would anyone take that dan shoots under par and WCBM is the nicest guy i've ever met..... and i'm an 18 handicap... good luck finding a sucker to take that bet. even with TBT draining putts we don't stand a chance....

Back