Waiting for deliveries

MikeF

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else like me, and hates waiting for deliveries

When ever I order anything online I am always impatient. I want the item there and then

Constant refreshing of order status to get tracking information, and then once I have that its refreshing of the tracking page to see where my stuff is

Its even worse when the tracking info provided doesn't work

I am currently waiting (impatiently) for

Adidas 360XT Tour Primeknit Shoes
Titleist Pro V1x Balls
Practice Mat
Practice Airflow balls
Set of grips for my lads irons

I'm extremely impatient. I avoid ordering online if at all possible. Also I like walking around places. Kind of a sad deal all these store and mall closings imo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's one reason I buy locally whenever possible, @MikeF, even when locally may be a few bucks more. Particularly lately, what with as wonky as shipping/delivery has become. But, yeah: I know what you mean.

I'm the same, very impatient. I usually choose expedited shipping, and still continually check tracking and wait like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Currently waiting (impatiently) for:
True Linkswear OG Feel shoes
Callaway PM Grind 58° wedge

I don’t know what you’re - hold on while I refresh the tracking page - talking about. Yea, I’m a member of this club.

Waiting on something from CPO, eBay, Steez & Tees and Caddy Daddy. I check the shipping data every day even though I know it won't be here lol

I love Budget Golf and their involvement in the community but waiting on a shipment from them is absolute torture.

I love Budget Golf and their involvement in the community but waiting on a shipment from them is absolute torture.
I’ve always gotten purchase from Budget Golf quicker than anticipated, however that was all pre-covid. Maybe shipping is a little slower nowadays.

As to the original question, I guess it depends on what I’m waiting on. I tend to be fairly patient with packages.

I can’t stand it, especially since I moved over here. I was used to ordering stuff and generally getting it within 48 hours back in the U.K. Here, I have to wait on average 10 days!!! I know the country is a whole lot bigger, but the wait kills me. It’s why, if I can, I’ll order from Amazon Prime!

I'm with you on this one! I placed a small order with them recently, not enough for free shipping, and maybe I'm just spoiled by Amazon Prime, but you would think at $10 for shipping it would get here in a reasonable amount of time. No, shipped the next day, and if it gets here "on time", it will have been in transit for about ten days. :banghead:
You would think they hired a guy on a bicycle or something, but it says FedEx????

Hate it. If not to much I will pay for the 2 day shipping.

If I can I will always get from the shop, but sometimes the prices online mean I just have to wait

My shoes have saved me over £30 just by ordering them online. If they had been the same price in the shop I would have gone and got them

I remember ordering some clothes just before Covid from back in the U.K. I watched the tracking. They left the U.K. from East Midlands I believe and flew in to Long Beach California. I live just outside Monterey California, about 400 miles or so up the coast. I thought, great, that’s gonna arrive on my doorstep in the next 48 hours. I then watched as my package slowly made its way back towards Illinois, before finally doubling back and making its way back to California and finally to my door about a week later LOL.

Funny this thread popped up. I’m waiting on a delivery and I’ve refreshed more than I’d like to admit. No idea why - it’s either here or it’s not.

It's worse when the UPS shipment coming today has the "Follow My Delivery" live map available.

The waiting is probably what has kept me so low on the number of online purchases I have made. I’m a tactile shopper. I feel like I need to touch, buy, enjoy immediately.

"A watched pot never boils"

Not exactly golf related, but I got an email notice from Fed Ex this morning saying my *signature required* package would be delivered between 09:10 and 11:30 this morning. Here I am, sitting in my living room at 16:24 and still no fed ex guy...:rolleyes:

I am waiting on so many deliveries right now I can't even remember what they all are. One of the benefits of living in Canada, however is that online tracking usually doesn't work, especially on items shipped from the US via USPS. Prime example: I ordered a couple of towels from MG on June 2 and received a shipping notification the same day with tracking information. According to the USPS site, it was processed through LA on the 9th. That's the last status available, and I don't expect it to change. It will show up on my doorstep before any tracking detail is updated.
I know that covid put a wrench into the operations of Amazon, but I think I have three orders that they have zero delivery status on. I knew it going in, but it's been so long I probably won't remember when they finally arrive.

It's worse when the UPS shipment coming today has the "Follow My Delivery" live map available.

Ugh, dude. If you only knew how many times I’ve yelled at my phone at that damn little moving van.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU JUST PASSED MY HOUSE?!?”

“COME ON MAN JUST LET ME MEET YOU SOMEWHERE!”

Nothing helps

I'm with you on this one! I placed a small order with them recently, not enough for free shipping, and maybe I'm just spoiled by Amazon Prime, but you would think at $10 for shipping it would get here in a reasonable amount of time. No, shipped the next day, and if it gets here "on time", it will have been in transit for about ten days. :banghead:
You would think they hired a guy on a bicycle or something, but it says FedEx????
Yep that's about how long it took for my 4 dozen balls to show up. I'm sure people closer to the east coast get their orders quicker but 10 days? In 2020? Come on, man.

Ugh, dude. If you only knew how many times I’ve yelled at my phone at that damn little moving van.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU JUST PASSED MY HOUSE?!?”

“COME ON MAN JUST LET ME MEET YOU SOMEWHERE!”

Nothing helps
This poor guy has a practically circular loop around here and we're on the far west side of it; we have to be the last street on his route. The truck was 2 miles from the house 7 hrs ago, turned and went back south the way he came to get there, and has been working his way around the east and north sides of the loop ever since. He's a half mile away again now.

There's no sense following it, but I can't stop myself from doing it.

Ha! Perfect time for this thread. I’m waiting on a delivery. Tracking says it’s out for delivery on the FedEx truck. I get home from work, no package for me, but 3 for the wife........ from FedEx LOL.

This has been brutal especially being home all the time now. I'm refreshing way too much and just popping outside to see if the driver came. Although I have a great relationship with my Fedex driver now :)

Back