Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you walk or ride. Buddy I play with rides all the time. I have walked at times. Sold my old push carts a year or so ago. Who new they would be the next hot golf item.

While I prefer walking, walking in 100 degree weather is brutal. Having said that, I just bought a push cart as the club is only allowing walking or your own personal cart on the cart path.

The knees dont allow me to walk the whole time, so some holes i will and others I'm in the cart

I prefer to walk, but late year cold and some rolling hilled courses demand a ride.

Only ride when I absolutely have to. In 2019, I probably walked (with a push cart) about 250 times and rode 6 or 8 times.

Walk and ride. Really enjoy walking - provides a different approach to the game.

The last several times I played golf I rode... previously to that I walked... partly it's because my golf buddy was in a motorcycle accident and broke his pelvis. After recovery, he didn't walk so well or for long distances... previously, he was quite able to walk.

he's moved to another state... I bought a clicgear. I'll be walking

One of the ice packs I'm wearing says ride.

Generally ride these days, I usually play with the same 3 guys, my brother has had 2 back surgeries, he can't walk very far anymore, so I usually go with him.
Have a feeling my Clicgear is gonna see plenty of grass this year.

I normally walk, but start to ride more when it gets humid. However, with the way things are, i'm going to walk as long as I can until the humidity becomes unbearable. I will be using my Clicgear and umbrella attachment much more frequently.

I played with a guy a few years ago that said he was either 91 or 92...and he was walking while I drove. Did not make me feel good...lol. plus he said he does this 2 to 3 times a week. Nuts

96 degrees today and we're headed to 102-104 degrees by the end of the week and into next week. Ain't gonna be much walking going on in that.

Got a pushcart for Christmas and my plan is to walk 95%+ of my rounds this year. So far I'm 100% with 5 rounds played before courses closed. There's only one I can see being a power cart round which is a pub golf day (if it happens) on a fairly long course, plus we play shotgun starts and a bit of a scramble so it's just easier to go with the rest of the group for that one.

Do you walk or ride. Buddy I play with rides all the time. I have walked at times. Sold my old push carts a year or so ago. Who new they would be the next hot golf item.

I've played lots of courses that do not permit walking. Mostly this due to some holes where there is 100 to 300 yards from the green to the next tee box.

Definitely ride unless it's the local Par 3.

Walking mostly, rode today...played awful should have walked.

I am mixed. I used to do nothing but walk, had issues 3 years ago and started to ride. Back to walking again for some more exercise and because we have to. Will continue to walk unless I have to travel a long way to play. Don't care to drive over an hour, to walk 4 hours playing then have to drive home again. My butts in a cart when traveling that far.

i love walking and carrying.

our league course requires carts and it's not necessarily a bad thing. some of the green -> tee treks would be awful.

I used to like using a cart but I am all about walking now. I have a push cart but have started to carry almost exclusively and enjoy everything about it

Last edited:
I love walking. It is part of what appeals to me about golf. Prefer to carry but that’s hard on my bum knee these days. I mostly walk with a push cart. There are times when riding makes sense. One course I am playing this year is long with long walks between holes. I can see an occasional buggy cart day.

I'm walking unless the course is ride only.

While I prefer walking, walking in 100 degree weather is brutal. Having said that, I just bought a push cart as the club is only allowing walking or your own personal cart on the cart path.

Walking in triple digits is definitely brutal. I'm seriously considering adding the electric wheels to my 3.5+ this year.

Back