Walk18 Golf Harness System Review

Nice review, I'll just stick to my Clicgear or riding though, especially at that price. Of course if given the opportunity I'd try it out for round just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Any comparison to the Sun Mountain Zero-G golf bags?

I like walking but don't generally have any issues with my bags standard backpack straps (Ogio Silencer). Could be good for people that want to walk but this is their only hold up, i just don't know how big of a niche that is.

Nice review, @Jman!! I am not a walker, but if I was then I would have to consider one of these for sure.

As I think about this, this might be something for someone like me. I’d walk more rounds but my current course isn’t very walking friendly. Lots of up and down, and some big space between some holes.
When I think about walking it with my push cart it just seems like it’d be a giant hassle. But carrying might not be too bad. So maybe something that might work for me.
I’ll have to think on that.

Bump it. ;)

WHOA COSTS AS MUCH AS A GOLF BAG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great write up. In my opinion, I don't see a spot for a product like this making it in the market. I think it is too expensive to compete with a push cart, but if they made it much cheaper, it would be a product made too poorly to justify its existence. It must be aimed at a very small market of golfers that cannot use push carts and like to walk. Then even if you sell it to all of them, it appears to be so well built that you wouldn't have a repeat customer.

I love to walk but there are so many courses in AZ that you must ride. Even the ones that allow walking, charge you the same as riding and you get a lot of weird looks/comments if you choose to walk at those places. I have a bad back and will still carry my Sun Mountain bag when I am at a course that allows it and I am playing as a single. I would really have to try one of these before I ever bought one because I just can't see it making my current carry bag a lot better experience.

Nice right up @Jman any pictures actually wearing it strapped up? I am curious to see how it fits. Also can you give your body dimensions as an example of fit?

Nice review @Jman I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on this. I noticed it has fairly wide shoulder straps, did you have any issues with them sliding off while walking? I have to use a chest strap on my hiking bag due to sloping shoulders and am concerned this would be a issue with this harness.
Hate quoting myself but @Jman must have me on ignore list. ;)

Hate quoting myself but @Jman must have me on ignore list. ;)
Nope. Only two people on that list ;)

Missed it earlier. No issues, they’re wide, but not too much so, even put it on one of my HS boys who’s on the small side and it was all good.

Nice right up @Jman any pictures actually wearing it strapped up? I am curious to see how it fits. Also can you give your body dimensions as an example of fit?
Not quite possible unless you want an ugly selfie. Fortunately, plenty of images of people wearing it on the Walk18 site.

Not quite possible unless you want an ugly selfie. Fortunately, plenty of images of people wearing it on the Walk18 site.

You don't have any friends to take a picture? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What size did you get?

Nope. Only two people on that list ;)

Missed it earlier. No issues, they’re wide, but not too much so, even put it on one of my HS boys who’s on the small side and it was all good.
Definitely not small with 42"chest, I just have issues with straps on every pack and my carry bag wanting to slide off while hiking. Just call me no neck like my daughter does. ?

Definitely not small with 42"chest, I just have issues with straps on every pack and my carry bag wanting to slide off while hiking. Just call me no neck like my daughter does. ?
Haha! Now that’s funny.

So after reading @Jman 's review again and thinking about a couple trips I have coming up this year I started thinking hard about one of these... will be a couple courses where I will be traveling to that are walking only. So after having it up in a tab on it's own, I bit the bullet and ordered one Thursday 2/20 in the morning. Figured I would get it in a week or so and test it out. Had an email from UPS that night saying I had a package arriving yesterday (2/21) by the end of the day... hadn't ordered anything else and this weighed exactly 2.9lbs...

Hour or so later I had the email from walk18 saying thank you and had the tracking number...yesterday before I left work I had this in hand. Got home and unboxed it, it was larger than I expected (I got the L) but it makes sense as it basically covers your entire back. Played around with the straps, watched the videos on the site about connecting it, and got it where it fit.

Played a round today and figured what the heck, let's give it a try. I walked 18 with this, and I am super impressed. As Jman reported, it puts the weight on the hips, is easy on and easy off and is quite an impressive design/construction. I had 14 clubs, alignment sticks, dozen balls, bluetooth speaker, samsung 8" tablet, hydroflask water bottle (full most of the time), a couple towels and a few other items I am not remembering and my feet feel about the same as when I take my push cart for 18 holes.

I really like that there are smaller pockets on the side of the waist strap.... made for a perfect spot to put my range finder on one side and a small towel in the other.

I am also looking forward to keep using this as it can save me a few minutes on each end of getting my cart put together/taken down. Also will be able to keep the clubs in the trunk where the cart and bag wouldn't both fit.

I can't say it is worth the money, as each of us has to determine how to spend their own money, but this is an impressive unit. My clicgear is getting some serious miles on it, I don't think it will be getting replaced anytime soon as I will use this instead for at least a while.

Nice thoughts Mancest

Pandemic put a 2 month pause on my golf season and since the resume, no water on the course had me taking my clicgear back out so this was just collecting dust. I played 36 on saturday and took a cart for the first 18 and 2nd course was CPO so busted this out. It is a great design and got me through the round just fine. I am thinking when I play this current weekend I might carry again instead of carting. I can throw an extra couple water bottles in the bag and get rid of all the extra stuff that I don't need 99% of the time but am lazy and just put.

Have a couple pouches that I will have in my car and can stock up before a round on those misc items..... will keep my car a heck of a lot cleaner that is for sure.

Back