Walkers - Stand Bag or Push Cart?

Osahar

Working on the swing
Reaction score
I'm taking up golf again for the exercise as well as I miss playing. As a result, I plan to walk most rounds. For those of you who do, which would you recommend - Stand Bag or Cart Bag w/Pushcart?

Definitely cart bag with push cart. We played this past season with the puch cart and a stand bag. Stand Bags don't stay straight on the cart (nor on a riding cart, I may add). We never carry so we don't really need a stand bag unless we go to the range. So for Christmas we are each getting a new cart bag.

I walk and carry my bag. I don't find the carrying to be any exercise, just undue stress on your shoulder and lower back. I really want a pull cart personally, to own...it's on my Christmas list!

When I first started golfing I used a pull cart. Once I got a little older I started to carry my bag. I currently have a stand bag and I like it.

I love to walk and carry my own bag.... I have a Ping Hoofer and at times it can get heavy but I love the space it provides. I have a Sun Mountain Mini which is really, really light but if you aren't careful it can wrip the bottoms of your grips from clubs being pulled in and out of the bag.

It all depends on how I feel that day. The year before last I always pulled my cart, but I found it a huge pain that you had to go around everything. Or nowhere near the greens. I really like walking across the green with my bag on my shoulders to go to the next tee instead of going all the way around, so that's why I carried this year. I won't be carrying next year unless I get a new bag.

My current bag has stand problems, and I have to spread them out everytime I put it down, it's a real pain.

I use a cart bag with a push cart, it just makes for a great combo. The leg on my last stand bag tore a hole in my back seat, plus I just found the legs to always get in the way.

I've been using a stand bag, but in two days I get my Clicgear cart. It will be a nice change.

Both. I play a league at a public course and use my push cart. I love it, because it has a wire basket on the back to hold drinks, head covers, my jacket, etc. etc.

At the club, it's caddies (before 3) or carry your own (after 3), so we carry.

I found this interesting:

Among Wolkodoff's findings:

-There was virtually no difference in calories burned between carrying (721) and using a push cart (718) - a surprising result to many, who figured it would take more work to push the cart.

"Normally, calories are measured on how much weight you had to move up a hill,'' he said. "But in this case, it shows that even with another 15, 16 pounds to push with the cart, you're more efficient at moving that way than if the bag is over your shoulder.''

Not surprisingly, walking the course with a caddie carrying the clubs burned fewer calories (613) and playing while riding in a cart burned even fewer (411).

The fact that the energy consumed while carrying and pushing is nearly identical could bolster the idea that players using push carts get no competitive advantage over those who carry. The American Junior Golf Association recently decided to allow non-motorized carts in tournament play, in part to decrease back stress on young players.
Whole article here:
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1868330,00.html

I use both - but probably 75% is carry bag (ping moonbag - ultralite)
If rain is forecast - then will push as need to carry more stuff....

Right now all I have is a stand bag, it doesn't fit on my pull cart or a riding cart very well. I would love to buy a cart bag this year.

Back