Walkers - who carries sand to fill your divot?

Do you bring sand with you on your walk?

• Walk - no sand

• Walk - bring sand

• #Pushcartmafia - no sand

• #Pushcartmafia - bring sand

• Ride only

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I walk I usually have carts with me so 90% of the time I use their sand bottle. I will steal a bottle from the cart and use it through the round

I have my own sand bottle and fill it at the course

I carry a bottle of sand on my push cart. Except of course for the several months when they removed all the sand bottles from the course on the theory someone might catch COVID from them. I had always thought there were a lot of unfilled divots normally but with no sand bottles the fairways got seriously ugly by the end of the summer.

OK, so anybody notice the Clicgear sand contraption pictured above is amazingly similar in design to those bedside urinals you see in hospitals? :unsure: (maybe a bit more stylish)
i guess it proves just can't ignore solid design....

OK, so anybody notice the Clicgear sand contraption pictured above is amazingly similar in design to those bedside urinals you see in hospitals? :unsure: (maybe a bit more stylish)
i guess it proves just can't ignore solid design....
both are functional

I push my cart and until recently my home course hasn't had extra bottles for walkers. They just started putting them out, so I'm going to rig something up to add a bottle on my push cart. I voted push cart no sand, but hopefully that will change soon.

Home course removed sand bottles since Pandemic so no sand for for me.
Used to just put one the push cart every round, had to vote

#Pushcartmafia - no sand

Our course removed the sand bottles a couple of years ago.... the grounds staff fills the divots. It's nuts... too many people were piling the sand up well above the level of the fairway and then the mowers were getting their reels all dinged up and dull quicker than they should. The Super intendent got fed up and said he and the staff will take care of it and save the wear and tear on his blades. Bottom line, don't leave your divot fill piled up like an ant-hill. It's a 9 hole track, so i guess it's doable on a daily basis for them but seems like something they shouldn't have to do.

It's amazing that it gets to that point.... and don't even get me started about people not fixing pitch marks on the greens.... 😖

Our course removed the sand bottles a couple of years ago.... the grounds staff fills the divots. It's nuts... too many people were piling the sand up well above the level of the fairway and then the mowers were getting their reels all dinged up and dull quicker than they should. The Super intendent got fed up and said he and the staff will take care of it and save the wear and tear on his blades. Bottom line, don't leave your divot fill piled up like an ant-hill. It's a 9 hole track, so i guess it's doable on a daily basis for them but seems like something they shouldn't have to do.

It's amazing that it gets to that point.... and don't even get me started about people not fixing pitch marks on the greens.... 😖
I hear ya. I want my grounds crew focused on the greens, if they are out there doing maintained that should be mostly handled by the golfer.

We have a new head pro this year and starting next week the club is hosting “Divot Party”'s.
Please come out and help fill divots we will pro-vide the sand and draft beer!

Sounds like a win win to me.

I've got one of those clic gear bottles and when I remember to attach it to the cart I will fill my divots :oops:

walk no sand. I carry mostly. I have a canvas bag I use for carrying sand but most courses I play don't have sand available. When I ride I empty 3 or 4 bottles.

I hear ya. I want my grounds crew focused on the greens, if they are out there doing maintained that should be mostly handled by the golfer.

We have a new head pro this year and starting next week the club is hosting “Divot Party”'s.

[/QUOTE
Right?? It’s not that hard.... people just get lazy. No amount of beer on tap can fix that!! 😜

Whether you are a proud #pushcartmafia member or more traditional and carry your bag, do you bring sand with you on your walk?

View attachment 8997026
I walk and I dont carry sand. If the tee box has a sand bottle or sand scoop box on it, I'll gladly fill my divot but Ive never carried sand with me. Ive never heard of such a thing.

When I walk I bring my sand bottle. I hat divots that are not filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently, #PushCartMafia - no sand. When Covid hit this time last year, the extra bottles of sand that were by the 1st tee went away and they have not returned. When they were there, I grabbed one and put it on my push cart. If I am playing with someone who is riding, which is about 75% of the time, I will use the bottle off their cart to fill my divots.

That sounds like a great idea if the club has a good membership. Keep the course nice while having a drink and being a bit social.

When I walk I’ll find a way to fill my divots. Whether it be filling my pockets with sand or bringing a ziplock bag.

I need to get one of those bottles for the days I use my push cart.

So as a walker, I will commit to grabbing the sand off a cart next time I am at the course. I always replaced the grass, but will add the sand from club house.

Thanks for the reminder.

Back