Walking to Cart Before Others Finish?

Not watching your playing partners putt does not mean you don't care about their game. Also, not socializing as much as possible on the golf course does not mean being an asshole. All these "unwritten rules" and golfers being so uptight in general are why the game struggles to attract new players.
So why such in a hurry to be 1st to the cart? Generally curious here.

1. Our group likes to finish quickly and this speeds things up a little.
2. You're in the middle of a text conversation on your phone.
3. You're hungry and/or thirsty
4. The cart is in the shade
5. The cart has a comfy seat
6. You're pissed off and want to mutter to yourself

Doesn't apply to me but:

7. You want to smoke

Reasons to go to cart
Shade, drinks at cart, clubs need cleaning, tracking your stats, it takes you longer because of injury, reviewing notes in your yardage book for next hole to name a few.

Reasons to stay on green
Class apparently.

For me its not a constant thing but if I need to go to cart then I'm going to the cart. I pay attention to the putters. I walk backwards and watch and say nice putt if I don't get off green in time. I stop and am quiet when people are putting.

1. Our group likes to finish quickly and this speeds things up a little.
2. You're in the middle of a text conversation on your phone.
3. You're hungry and/or thirsty
4. The cart is in the shade
5. The cart has a comfy seat
6. You're pissed off and want to mutter to yourself

Doesn't apply to me but:

7. You want to smoke
I guess to each their own then. None of those reasons ever made me want to walk off a hole before my group finished up. Possibly a beverage cart pulled up & I wanted to get a head start so that we wouldn’t hold up the group behind. But most of all that can wait but guess for some it can’t.

I mean none of the reasons for leaving the green are incredibly compelling but since none of us care about leaving the green early, any reason is good enough.

The recent episode of @golfunfiltered with @Canadan and @HipCheck as guests had a segment about finishing the hole and walking to the cart while someone is still putting.

If you haven't listened to it, it is definitely worth it, but where do you stand on the issue?
If he/she waited for you, you should wait for him/her.
pace of play is important but courtesy and companionship is also part of this game

I truthfully don't see how much of a time sving you can gain by walking to cart Early... Kind of seems like golf is a "only as fast as the slowest buffalo"
If I'm going to dig a snack out of my bag, or buy a drink from the beverage cart, or unwrap, cut and light a cigar, or clean my club because I had to hit out of a bunker or mud, or go pee, or a multitude of other things people might do on the course (check phone for messages, enter round stats into a golf tracking app, mix a drink, adjust music playlist, change batteries in a rangefinder, etc.), it will save time if I do that while everybody else is putting out and walking off the green. By the time they get to their carts (or push carts, or pick up their bags or whatever), I'll be good to go and not holding the group up doing any of those things. It drives me a lot more nuts if guys waste time and hold us up doing those things than it would if they would walk away from the green early and get it done so we can get moving.

If I don't have any of those things to do, I don't walk away from the green before everybody else - I wait for everyone to finish and we move onward. I'd rather stay there with the group and enjoy the camaraderie/company, but holding everybody else up is just as rude (or more so) than walking off the green early to take care of business.

I generally wait... but when it gets really hot, the cart offers shade and I'll not let someone's feelings getting hurt keep me from trying to get out of the sun.

Back