Walking vs riding

I usually walk and carry I am trying to hold off on giving into the push cart. I agree they are much easier on the body but I like the exercise that comes with carrying the bag.

I am looking at joining a new club and ease of walking is an important consideration for me.

I think I've actually ridden in a golf cart 3 times this year out of the 120ish rounds that I've played. I don't do it for the physical activity portion, I just prefer to golf this way. Mackenzie bag with minimal extras and walking is a breeze. I've seen plenty of overweight golfers pushing a cart or carrying and plenty of fit, young people in a golf cart. I'd prefer if more people walked a golf course but that's more because of the 'Jack-A$$ery' I've seen from people in golf carts on some courses and nothing to do with me judging their physical ability to put one foot in front of the other.

68 yo with arthritis, got cart free with membership (muni course for you haters)
Love it, specially when I take my grandson.... he he hits and runs so fast I can barely keep up with the cart ?

My 4 some walks including my 77 year old Father. He only plays 9 but what a joy. We cherish the walk and we play faster then most guys riding with similar handicaps. For someone who sits 60 hours a week, it is a real treat. The resort courses on vacation I'm forced to ride but otherwise I hate carts. I use a pushcart but used to carry when I was young.

#pushcartmafia

I always walk unless its a ride only course. But I play 90% of my golf at my home course so I walk a lot. Its typical for me to lose weight during summer. If I have a horrible round I can take solace that I walked 10km.

But, each to their own, some have no option but to ride and at least they can still enjoy golf.

I'm maybe 10-15 lbs overweight at the moment and ride due to numerous disk herniations. Maybe I'd be better off walking when able? Maybe I'd be more apt for injury?

Dunno...

So I ride. Former walker, just feel it to be safer to ride now. Would prefer to walk when it isn't hell-hot, though.
Do you share your ride? I sometimes play with a guy in a similar boat and he and his partner take turns on the cart so sometimes he will walk from the fairway to the green etc.. so he can build up stamina/strength and he has the parachute of the cart when he feels hes done enough

Do you share your ride? I sometimes play with a guy in a similar boat and he and his partner take turns on the cart so sometimes he will walk from the fairway to the green etc.. so he can build up stamina/strength and he has the parachute of the cart when he feels hes done enough
I do but its mostly during competitive rounds when I ride with another so any exercise consideration takes a back seat.

I just need to get back to the gym regularly. I used to be a fitness nut but have been lazy, spinning my wheels for a few years now.

I prefer to ride. I'm chunky, and I need a place to hold my beer. :D

My 4 some walks including my 77 year old Father. He only plays 9 but what a joy. We cherish the walk and we play faster then most guys riding with similar handicaps. For someone who sits 60 hours a week, it is a real treat. The resort courses on vacation I'm forced to ride but otherwise I hate carts. I use a pushcart but used to carry when I was young.

Awww I took mine when he was four, best part was when got to the green and discovered the flag comes out. He took it in both hands racing at full volume around the green for about three minutes. I was laughing so hard I almost fell over :LOL:

Im 65 with a bad knee, ill walk 9 but 18 ill ride. I enjoy walking but if I push it too far its not so much fun.

Not everyone can handle the extra impact of walking vs riding.

I ride, but I still end up walking 3.5 to 4.5 miles per round (8500 steps), which may not seem like a lot to some but it is to others.

Just got back from a trip to play Wolf Creek, I played 3 days in a row and my feet and calves were so sore I could barely walk for the next 3 days.

I like walking.

I have been paired with an oldtimer about 85ish or more he walks nine holes and smokes the whole complaining about being old. LOL Now i gotta start smoking. :ROFLMAO:

Back