tgtt

Reaction score
Handicap
I've decided to stop stuffing a filing cabinet in my back pocket everyday, sitting sideways, and having all my cards break. I started looking at some front pocket wallets (my money already goes in my front pocket anyway). Has anyone else made the switch? Like it? Regret it?

Any good recommendations? I've looked at a few Fossils and they seem okay from what I can tell through pics. The Ridge also looks interesting:

Interesting. I didn't even know they made front-pocket wallets. I already carry too much stuff in my front pockets, so I don't think I would use one. For the right person though, it could be a real game-changer.

I'm with you. I'm worn out on the bulky wallet in my back pocket. I already carry a money clip too, but it has a magnetic clipbsonI don't put credit or rewards in it.

I like the look of the Bridge, and could always go digital for rewards.

I've recently been worn out too. Money clip for my cards and an elastic in the front pocket for cash.

I've been front pocket wallet for years after my back started hurting on one side. I had a small leather wallet for years that only carried a couple cards, but recently upgraded to a big skinny wallet. They aren't the best looking wallets, but they do the job. The particular one I went for is called the New Yorker. It doesn't have a cash slot, but as most of you, I use a money clip for that. Right now I probably have about 15 cards in there including my insurance card, etc.

I think I picked up a Groupon one day for 50% off, which made it even that much sweeter. They have a ton of other wallets if you do want to add money rather than carry them separate.

Here is a link to the one I purchased.
http://www.bigskinny.net/wallet-card-case-new-yorker.html

I use a leather holder that has a pocket for cards (holds 7-8) and then a built in magnetic money clip on the side.

Used it for years and like it. Not much bigger than a single card or cash folded in half.

I would give this a look. Generally I only carry my ID, 1 credit card and 1 debit card. Never carry anything more then tip money (can't live in Dallas and avoid valets) and can't stand the feel and bulkiness of a traditional wallet.

Hmm the "Bridge" looks interesting. I'm notorious for walking around with a Costanza wallet and having all broken cards inside...it blows.

I am the opposite, but I carry an oversized wallet. Its long, but still skinny. Too many travel cards to keep with me at times and it stays thin. One thing I noticed with it is that because of its length, it covers the entire cheek (Im not trying to be funny here) and does not bother me like my smaller one did.

I went to a money clip in the front pocket after breaking several cards in my wallet. It is a magnetic money clip with two card slots on the front and an open sleeve for IDs or extra cards. I haven't looked back since going to the front pocket.

I've been eyeing some cash covers from piedmont leather and Patrick Gibbons.

I carry a magnetic clip in my front pocket and have since I was 16-17. I don't know that I could deal with a wallet in my back pocket.

I have been using a front wallet forever, and my back thanks me. The one I have is from Joseph Banks I picked up on sale. It does fold for cards and then has a magnetic money clip on the outside. I haven't had any problems with it, and feel it is a nice wallet.

Been using a front pocket wallet for years. I'm not a fan of money clips, or the clip style wallets. Mine is pretty much a card style wallet. It is clear on one side for my ID, has 3 card slots on the other side, and an opening in between for small bills. I pretty much carry the bare necessities with me where ever I go now. It's awesome, and love it.

I swear by the front pocket wallet. I keep my cash, license, debit card, credit card, and golf county card in it and that is it. Put all my other cards in my fat wallet which I leave at home as storage and then just take cards out as need be.

I swear by this wallet as my every day "gamer"

http://www.amazon.com/Dopp-Regatta-...F8&qid=1374158352&sr=8-1&keywords=dopp+wallet
dopp-regatta-wallet.jpg

No offense...but why do you guys insist on carrying giant wads of cash (in clips or bands). Is it cause it looks good ... I guess it's handy in some spots, but I don't get it...of course, I've never had giant wads of cash.
I've never broken cards in my wallet either, untill now I'd never even considered that as a problem.

I rarely even carry cash anymore. The only time I do is when golfing (beverage cart) or down the shore were some smaller shops do not accept credit.

I use a leather holder that has a pocket for cards (holds 7-8) and then a built in magnetic money clip on the side.

Used it for years and like it. Not much bigger than a single card or cash folded in half.

This what I use. Has a pocket in the center that I put debit cards in, little slit pockets in the front that I put my id, insurance cards and credit card or two in and then the back has magnet that I put cash under and trap it. It works pretty well and slide in my front pockets very easily.

I too have had cards break in my wallet, and usually have to slide the wallet to the side while driving, or take it out altogether on long trips. Then while I'm at work, it's in my desk all day unless I leave the store. I like that Ridge wallet in the clip you posted, tgtt....looks pretty sweet. I have maybe 3-5 cards I carry and usually (due to my wife) minimal cash, so I could see that working for me better than my normal leather flip wallet.

Hey Shifty, can I borrow your phone real quick? I need to call my girlfriend in Guam...

I carry my wallet in my breast pocket when I'm in uniform, and otherwise it's in a gym bag or golf bag. I think the only time my wallet is in my back pocket is when I'm at church or out on the weekends. So my wallet and its contents don't get a whole lot of wear & tear.

Back