Walter Hagen spikeless?

MetroCat

Reaction score
Was in the neighborhood of a local Dick's so I popped in to check out their golf stuff. They had these Walter Hagen Course Casual spikeless shoes on clearance for 8 bucks. I'm just getting back into golf and need shoes, I really would prefer spiked but for 8 bucks I figured I'd give these a try. Anyone have these?

Attachments

• 20200804_171853.jpg
    20200804_171853.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 37
$8? Can't beat that with a stick! I don't have those but they look comfortable. Just be mindful that they may have a little less traction in wet conditions... I'm noticing a lot of people saying that their spikeless shoes aren't as grippy when wet and they wear soft spikes at those times.

That’s a sweet deal! I would have bought them as well at that price. That’s how my wife justifies most of her purchases.... “wellllll It was a really good deal.”:ROFLMAO:

Can’t beat $8. My experience with Walter Hagen products is they lack quality. That said for $8 I think you did ok. Shoes are pretty easy to find for a good price. Like these for $50. https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/shoes/golf-shoes/new-balance-golf-nbg1701-shoes/

Yeah in my online search for shoes I have seen those and others. The problem is, they only have sizes 15 and 16 at that price. I've come to the conclusion that when I finally pull the trigger on spiked shoes I'm gonna have to shell out 70-80 maybe even up to a hundred bucks.

I think $8 is a good deal.

I literally have the same pair. Was in a rush to find some last minute while out in Seattle to play a round and picked them up for like 40-50. Pretty comfortable and wear them randomly to practice in.

$8? I'd buy two knowing the first might not last!!

Yeah in my online search for shoes I have seen those and others. The problem is, they only have sizes 15 and 16 at that price. I've come to the conclusion that when I finally pull the trigger on spiked shoes I'm gonna have to shell out 70-80 maybe even up to a hundred bucks.
Just keep looking. You can find clearance stuff all the time. For me I wear a 15 wide so I don’t get a lot of options.

I'm most likely going to buy a better quality pair of spiked shoes well before these wear out.
Ok makes sense they weren't my style

I have two pair, brown and black that I got from Dicks for like 24 a pair. The black pair is nearly a year old and no signs of wear. They are very comfortable and rival my sketchers, pumas, and footjoys comfort wise. I have narrow feet and they fit me well so be cognizant of the width. I have fairly quiet feet during my swing and haven’t had traction issues with these. I don’t normally wear them when it’s sloppy on the course, as I prefer wearing soft spikes for max traction. They clean up very easy when you do get them covered in mud. Damp washcloth and look as good as new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dad just bought the ones in the OP. Said they are comfortable and his grip has been fine. He plays 5x a week and has no complaints.

My local Dick's also had them on clearance (less than $20 if I recall), but I was in the market for another pair of spiked shoes and went with an Adidas model. $8 is one heck of a score!

Or $4.00 a shoe. Sign me up.

That's a great deal on golf shoes! Depending on the conditions you usually play in, you may find that spikeless offer you all the traction/grip you need.

$8 for golf shoes?:oops::oops: Heck yeah! Sounds like you still have $42 more dollars to find another pair of shoes with soft spikes in them!

Funny, after reading this thread I strolled into Dick’s to get some grips and they had these on the clearance shelf. For $8.75 they couldn’t be that bad so I took the gamble. For the price, you can’t go wrong. Took them out to the range that afternoon and they felt pretty good. I’ll try and walk 9 with them next week and see how they preform. Thanks @MetroCat for the heads up on these.

Back