Want to change to graphite iron shafts, steelfiber FC, Fujikura pro irons or KBS TGI?

oda

Reaction score
Hello all, my first post here
Handicap at 6, with a fairly smooth tempo / swing
6iron SS - 85mph +/-
driver SS - 100mph+/-

Currently gaming Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P modus 105R (stock OTR shafts), not liking the flight (weak / not penetrating) and losing distance for some reason

I have tested
Recoil 95 F4 (stiff) - love to feel but want to try something newer
steelfiber i95 - too stiff and boardy
KBS TGI 100 - good smooth feel but feels too stiff, also, QC issues with splintering?

For now, i am eyeing for fujikura pro 95 stiff, steelfiber fc90 stiff / 115 stiff (apparently fc90 stiff is softer than recoil 95 stiff?) and KBS TGI 95, all the ones ive mentioned could not be tested or demoed

Does anyone know what SS is SF90FC / 115FC suitable for? could not find much information about it.

Would love to hear your thoughts or recommendations on other graphite shafts, thank you!

Currently I use 95 series of graphite shafts as well and have tried all of them I believe. You are in a pretty good spot with what you have, and while I dont play any of those options full time, all are quality shafts.

Out of those 3 exclusively, I prefer the KBS personally.

Appreciate for the quick reply, for KBS, would you recommend 90 or 95?

Appreciate for the quick reply, for KBS, would you recommend 90 or 95?

that is really a personal thing. I like going as light as you can handle. Personally our numbers speed wise are similar and with nothing else to go on, probably 95.

that is really a personal thing. I like going as light as you can handle. Personally our numbers speed wise are similar and with nothing else to go on, probably 95.
Just curious, since I know next to nothing about shaft technology. I was recently fit into Fujikara Pro 75 R in Mavrik irons. My swing speed is considerably lower than both of you gentlemen. Is that the difference between my 75's and the 95's for you?

Hello I have played all 3. I also felt the in R flex’s.
also felt the SFs too boardy Dropped those. Was down to the Fuji and KBS. Fuji felt smoother and a tad longer than the KBS. I also found the KBS played a half flex stiffer. Also found a higher ball flight with the Fujikuras. Contact Chip from Usher Golf he can really give you some deep insight. Good luck and stay safe

@oda.

Try Mitsubishi OT or OT Tour, Accra I Series Tour or ICWT (Constant weight shafts)

Hello all, my first post here
Handicap at 6, with a fairly smooth tempo / swing
6iron SS - 85mph +/-
driver SS - 100mph+/-

Currently gaming Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P modus 105R (stock OTR shafts), not liking the flight (weak / not penetrating) and losing distance for some reason

I have tested
Recoil 95 F4 (stiff) - love to feel but want to try something newer
steelfiber i95 - too stiff and boardy
KBS TGI 100 - good smooth feel but feels too stiff, also, QC issues with splintering?

For now, i am eyeing for fujikura pro 95 stiff, steelfiber fc90 stiff / 115 stiff (apparently fc90 stiff is softer than recoil 95 stiff?) and KBS TGI 95, all the ones ive mentioned could not be tested or demoed

Does anyone know what SS is SF90FC / 115FC suitable for? could not find much information about it.

Would love to hear your thoughts or recommendations on other graphite shafts, thank you!
95 Protos might be right up your alley!

Back