Was Adams Golf underappreciated?

To this day, some of my favorite clubs ever are Adams and I still look for a set of them at times to throw in the bag. I 100% think they are/were underrated.

Adams CB3 irons
Adams CMB irons
Adams Fast 12LS driver
Too many hybrids to name

I’d add to that

XTD range, especially the driver, strong 3 wood and lower lofted hybrids - absolute bombers
9031 hybrids
Super LS fairways
Dhy
Puglielli wedges
+ their staff bags were awesome

Holy real estate Batman.

20200406_182527.jpg

20200406_182542.jpg

I 100% believe they were underappreciated. Honestly, they set the bar for hybrids. Their other products were fantastic. I think they kind of suffered from being viewed as a hybrid company. And the box sets too. They had a large Champions Tour presence. I also think they were viewed as an old persons brand.

I think it couldn't have been further from the truth. They were rocking it and I think if they hadn't sold to TM, they really could have hit the next level. I don't know if their issues were in the marketing realm. All I know is it was painful to watch a brand I liked so much get sold and die a slow painful death.

I always viewed them as a hybrid company, and heard good things in that category. That’s how I ended up with my Pro 20*.. Which I despise lol

The Adams' A hybrid line led the way for Cleveland Hibore irons. Never played the A's. But, in hind site, the blended set was a good idea. Hybrid for 3-4, hybrid irons, 5-6-7 and 8-W wide soled irons.

I loved the A7os max line. I miss me some Adams. Barney needs to come back if he is still alive

I currently have about 6 different hybrids, 5 different drivers, a few 3 woods, 5 wood and 4 sets of irons (one set is the wifes) and gave away/sold another 3 sets to friends .
When Adams sold out to TM I was able to find a lot of clubs very cheap.
My current irons are raw MB2, CC1's I got new but extremely cheap and CMB's. The wifes set is A7's. Sets I got rid of where A12 pro, XTD's and XTD pro

If anyone has any CB3s that they wanna offload, PM me. I am always looking for a set.

Pro DHY Hybrids....I was amazed at the Pro usage when i walked with groups at the Byron and Marshall at the Colonial

I dont think they were underappreciated at all. I remember everyone loving their gear and their price points.

I feel like they were a brand with great products and lousy leadership. All the marketing was hybrids and seniors, then they tried to dial it back with the Big Break sponsorship but by then the damage was done. If anything they underappreciated their own products.

now if we are talking pics, these here in the home office:

24 deg; 21 deg and 18 deg all with Aldila Tour ATX85H 2.2 Stiff Shafts

6BE686E3-5187-44ED-8BE6-41E3D3024765.jpeg6BE686E3-5187-44ED-8BE6-41E3D3024765.jpeg26A083D0-4E32-42C6-8D0E-0DCB5A115D5B.jpeg

That’s a good point about driver. I thought Adams had some real solid ones. The 9015D is a cult classic, but was unforgiving for the masses. I gamed an XTD for a while and it was good, but unspectacular.

That 9015D was my favorite driver of all time! I used that thing with a Harrison Saga shaft until just a few short years ago. It was a cannon!

I just replaced my old Adams Super LS fairway woods in the last couple of months. They were quite awesome their own selves.

That 9015D was my favorite driver of all time! I used that thing with a Harrison Saga shaft until just a few short years ago. It was a cannon!

I just replaced my old Adams Super LS fairway woods in the last couple of months. They were quite awesome their own selves.
The Saga! That was THE COMBO to play for a hot minute. I never actually tried the Saga. When I bought this old 9015D, I did a search for one since they go hand in hand in my eye. I am still contemplating it. But, I don't want to dump too much into something that will never really be in play.

The Saga! That was THE COMBO to play for a hot minute. I never actually tried the Saga. When I bought this old 9015D, I did a search for one since they go hand in hand in my eye. I am still contemplating it. But, I don't want to dump too much into something that will never really be in play.

You know you want to. Those shafts were cheap back then! I bet you can get one for a song right now. I loved the feel it had. It just felt like power.

Do it!

Wouldn't it be funny to try it, and find it kicks the current stuff right out of your bag?

You know you want to. Those shafts were cheap back then! I bet you can get one for a song right now. I loved the feel it had. It just felt like power.

Do it!

Wouldn't it be funny to try it, and find it kicks the current stuff right out of your bag?
Haha, that would be something.

Do it!

The only one I found that was a reasonable price was a Long Drive XX version. $40 isn't bad. But, I know nothing of the specs. Maybe I should just build it out to be a scramble monster. I don't have an LD head. But, at 8.5 degrees, it is pretty low loft already.

had several Adams iron sets and clubs over the years. They were excellent and had a lot of tech in their equipment. Primary reason TM bought them was for their tech (channels in clubheads for increased distance and feel). The original tight lies was one of greatest designs in golf equipment history!! Their super improvement all hybrid sets were excellent and all that business is now in the hands of Cleveland golf with the launcher/hibore design. Honestly think TM and then new owners should have been less short sighted and realized that there is a HUGE market for hybrid irons sets....HUGE!!!!!!!! Good topic Jman

If you check out @Jman thread about clubs that were ahead of their time(https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ir-time-your-list.8917074/page-2#post-9248408) you will find more than a few mentions of Adams Golf. Looking back at things now, do you feel like that brand was underappreciated for the products they put out? Where do you think things went awry for them?

I’ve never swung an Adams club, but they’ve always intrigued me... today I found and purchased an XTD Proto DHY head brand new in plastic to change that.

Check my WITB. Been a huge fan of their hybrids for the longest time. Adams CMB’s were ahead of the team too.

This thread has me reminiscing of a competitor brand - Nickent. I preferred Nickent hybrids and was sad to watch their ultimate demise.

Lots of great thoughts in the forum thread. Let me ask this as a follow up.

Could the brand be reborn (despite a new owner) and instead of launching overpriced boxed sets or Adams Blue, Red, etc come with innovation in the hybrid or FW wood space and be successful?

I always thought Adams was pretty innovative! Overall, because of their Tight Lies fairways/hybrids I don't think they were underrated. However, I don't think they got enough credit for their irons. I played a set (can't remember the model name) that had bimatrix shafts, steel from the grip don to the last several inches above the hosel which was graphite. That apparently made for a softer tip section to increase launch (I think that was the purpose anyway). Never played any of their drivers.

Back