Washington Football Team

Do you like it?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been losing interest in the NFL for a while now, so this whole Washington thing is just more reason for me to ignore them. With that being said, I think the only correct name for a team in Washington that is as spineless as the politicians and bureaucrats that run the place would be ........ The Washington Swamp. No endorsement here for the guy that popularized the name, but it does seem fitting.

I have to think this is simply a hold over name until the marketing team comes up with a new name.

The Washington “football team” is silly and not very marketable

Here are my top 3 possible new names for the (former) Redskins:

Washington Justice
Washington Righteous
Washington Roses

If they can't stand for the National Anthem I hope they all go broke!

Even though its a place holder I am not a fan, think they could have come up with something a little better.

I am offended by this!
I was just thinking with the sensitivity levels these days teams are going to get a single letter as a name or maybe a number.

At least they didn't jump on some pc name like "the redtails"

Last edited:
With hundreds of millions on the line in advertising and merchandise, they need to get it right. Punting until they can do more research is a good call. It also shows that Snyder hadn’t previously given any serious consideration to a new name.
This is absolutely the right call. They will get 2 rounds of new team merchandise too. The best of both worlds for that horrible owner.

Where you at @Jeff Spicoli ? Stop hiding & face the music!!

I was hoping they would keep the name and just change the logo to a potato, but with this new name, maybe they can try soccer now?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold the naming rights like they do for the stadiums. The Washington Nike’s. If our president gets re-elected, I’m sure he’d try to get them named after him. He likes having his name on stuff.

I think it's a great name and they should stick with it. It's a perfect "eff you" to the league and all the PC hand-wringer crybabies. Or maybe they could go with "Washington Crimson Epidermis". :ROFLMAO:

Back