Do you like it?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
Per ESPN report this is the new name.
My answer is they could've gone with something else couldn't they?

A team with no name fits that organization just right :p

This isn't the final name, just a placeholder until they come up with one.

Just a temporary name as of now.

With hundreds of millions on the line in advertising and merchandise, they need to get it right. Punting until they can do more research is a good call. It also shows that Snyder hadn’t previously given any serious consideration to a new name.

We are one step away from every sport and team being named Alpha Numeric.

I believe that would offend Elon Musk

I mean, it works for soccer, right?

<INSERT CITY> Football Club/United/Athletic Club

The Washington Alpha Numerics playing the San Francisco Alpha Numerics in Alpha Numeric?

This might be the stupidest thing I've heard all year and its up against some tough competition

This is so sad. Though I'm not a fan of them, they'll always be the Redskins to me... and many others.

When does the season start? They could have held off and at least given it some thought in the meantime.
I think "Pension Raiders" would suffice nicely for D.C.

It's what many in the sports media have been referring to the team as for some time. Those that refused to call them the Redskins.

I'm still holding out for this name:washington_sentinels.png

cannot be more PC than that

The Washington Alpha Numerics playing the San Francisco Alpha Numerics in Alpha Numeric?

Take the teams alphabetical by city and name them [name of city] A1, [name of city] A2, [name of city] A3, and so forth. Though I am sure someone will find it offensive as it leaves out the other letters of the alphabet.

Having been a fan of the Redskins all my life, this is very disheartening. I won't beat a dead horse :deadhorse: about the reasons why but .....

The only reason why Snyder hasn't decided on a name yet is because all of the names he considered all already have the rights to it. Plus with all of the allegations about him & the coaching staff right now, the name is probably the last thing on his mind. #Lawsuit

They should pick a very Washington DC name. Something like the Washington Lobbyists, Or the Washington Elitists, or Panderer's, or The Washington Porkers. Something like that.

there are a lot more important things to put time, money, energy, and effort behind than this.

If they remove all the native american names from franchises, when will they ever be mentioned in the media again?
I think its the opposite of political correctness. Its just taking away any last reminders. Revisionist history.

Having been a fan of the Redskins all my life, this is very disheartening. I won't beat a dead horse :deadhorse: about the reasons why but .....

The only reason why Snyder hasn't decided on a name yet is because all of the names he considered all already have the rights to it. Plus with all of the allegations about him & the coaching staff right now, the name is probably the last thing on his mind. #Lawsuit

I'm a lifelong fan too. You should join my forum - we've been around a decade + and aren't changing our name ('Burgundy and Gold Obsession'). It ain't easy being a Skins fan folks. Kick away, you can't really do any more damage to us.

Back