Waste Management Phoenix Open 2015

Boom_Boom

Reaction score
Handicap
<18
I am already excited about this tournament. It's one of my favorites. And love him or hate him, it is always more interesting with Tiger in the field!

I am going on Saturday with three buddies (road trip from Tucson). Showers predicted for Fri/Sat so hoping it is not too wet.

I am going on Saturday with three buddies (road trip from Tucson). Showers predicted for Fri/Sat so hoping it is not too wet.

In my teenage years, My mother lived in Tucson and I used to spend quite a bit of time there. I wouldn't mind living there again. I think it was of Greasewood between Star Pass and Speedway, if Memory serves. Used to be a nice area, but now that Tucson has grown quite a bit, who knows.

It was so cool to fly over the course last week on my way into PHO, such a spectacle at 16 for sure!

I always loved going to this tournament, especially because I would get a lot of invitations to the corporate tents!

If you love sushi, check out Sakana's. There is a location on Hayden near the TPC. Sakana's has FRESH, BIG and CHEAP sushi, sashimi and rolls, and you can get appetizers for .99-cents with the purchase of a Kirin or Kirin Light beer. http://www.sakanasushiandgrill.com/

If you love sushi, don't let the opportunity go to waste - you'll thank me later!

Looking forward to watching this event. Love the drama of 16-17-18 coming home. Excited to see Tiger play, hopefully he's straightened out his short game.

I'm boycotting it. All of the previews I've seen show the players tossing or throwing stuff to the crowd on #16. Now they can't (or are not supposed to).

Ok, I'm kidding. I'll be watching it.

~Rock

Can't wait for this! I'll be there Saturday gettin rowdy

I'm boycotting it. All of the previews I've seen show the players tossing or throwing stuff to the crowd on #16. Now they can't (or are not supposed to).

Ok, I'm kidding. I'll be watching it.

~Rock

I had actually forgotten about this for a minute. I wonder how players will react to the new rule...will anyone still throw things?

I had actually forgotten about this for a minute. I wonder how players will react to the new rule...will anyone still throw things?

Here is what I think will happen. Someone on Sunday, who maybe isn't in contention, will probably decide that they're just going to enjoy themselves. So they'll get to #16, and toss some stuff up to the fans. However, instead of tossing it from 20 yards away, or throwing footballs to the crowd, I'm guessing they'll just walk along the wall and toss it up over.

Just my prediction. I also suspect it will be someone who believes the PGA will not punish them.

~Rock

By the way, several Tour players told me the other day that the Tour blew it again with their announcement at the Sony Open in Hawaii banning the tossing of items into the crowd on 16. Actually, the Tour is fine with players handing items to patrons, but for safety reasons, they don't want objects thrown any longer. The locker room posting at Hawaii made it appear that players could no longer gift the fans in any way. Not so.

Read this in the Tour Confidential this morning, looks like the swag will still be flying on 16.

I'm going Sunday. A buddy has corporate tent access so it should be fun. I'm a Tiger fan so I hope he does well.

Even as far south as VA it's supposed to snow all over the east this weekend...so watching desert golf before the superbowl (can I type that, or do I have to pay someone?) will be nice.

I will be there Saturday - should be easy to get around, with around 300,000 people there…
I hope Tiger makes the cut - will make for a fantastic people watching day!
Oh, and golf, too...

Such an amazing hole, talking with Dave last week, he said it's like a basketball stadium on a golf hole, fairly good description!

I can't wait to watch this weekend. I am especially looking forward to mid March when I'm playing the Stadium Course! Hopefully the crowd on 16 will still be around to root me on.

Such an amazing hole, talking with Dave last week, he said it's like a basketball stadium on a golf hole, fairly good description!

The first time I played that hole after going to a tournament it was a huge let down because it's just a random par 3 on it's own. Not that it's a bad hole but we got to the tee box and I couldn't even place that we were at that hole because it was so open and none of the atmosphere. Not that my game deserved any atmosphere but I did par that hole, had an eagle on 11 and shot even for the day. Pretty awesome time overall but that hole was a bit bland.

The first time I played that hole after going to a tournament it was a huge let down because it's just a random par 3 on it's own. Not that it's a bad hole but we got to the tee box and I couldn't even place that we were at that hole because it was so open and none of the atmosphere. Not that my game deserved any atmosphere but I did par that hole, had an eagle on 11 and shot even for the day. Pretty awesome time overall but that hole was a bit bland.
They don't keep any stands up? Man that sucks. That is the main reason I want to play that course.

Nope, just a wide open par 3 on its own. I played in summer though. Maybe it's kept up for this time of year. I'm too cheap to pay $200, so I wait until summer when it's 105* and under $50. Drink lots of water and I'm good with the heat. Now cold golf, that's a killer for me so I'm in the right area for my game.

I can't wait to watch this weekend. I am especially looking forward to mid March when I'm playing the Stadium Course! Hopefully the crowd on 16 will still be around to root me on.
Throw some crap into the stands, see what happens!!

Nope, just a wide open par 3 on its own. I played in summer though. Maybe it's kept up for this time of year. I'm too cheap to pay $200, so I wait until summer when it's 105* and under $50. Drink lots of water and I'm good with the heat. Now cold golf, that's a killer for me so I'm in the right area for my game.
O well. That's okay. I still want to play it - $300 for a Friday morning round.

Great event. I always look forward to this one.

Totally agree. I played there 3 years ago and I thought the hole was, well, benign. Personally, I thought about most of the course was like that. The other courses I played, Dinosaur Mountain and We-ko-pa were MUCH better imo...

Thanks to this and the Super Bowl this weekend I will be holed up in my bunker waiting for it all pass through.

Thanks to this and the Super Bowl this weekend I will be holed up in my bunker waiting for it all pass through.
I, on the other hand, will be knee deep in the Shinola. Old town, Phoenix, SB, and trying to get on a golf course.

Back