Waste Management Phoenix Open Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
16th-hole.jpg

The PGA Tour moves out of California and on to Arizona and the loudest hole in golf, the 16th hole at the TPC Scottsdale (pictured above). In last year's tournament, Mark Wilson took home the title; can he go back-to-back in this tournament to have 2 straight years with 2 wins on the West Coast Swing?

Brandt Snedeker will also look to build off of his momentum as he tees it up this week. On the other end of things, Kyle Stanley is also in the field, it will be interesting to see if he can get over his collapse at the end of the tournament at Torrey Pines. Other big names in this field include Phil Mickelson, Webb Simpson, Dustin Johnson, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley, Matt Kuchar, Fred Couples, Rickie Fowler, Angel Cabrera, Nick Watney, Bubba Watson, Gary Woodland, and Bill Haas.

TV Times:
Thu, 2/2:
GOLF 4p - 7p ET
Fri, 2/3:
GOLF 4p - 7p ET
Sat, 2/4:
CBS 3p - 6p ET
Sun, 2/5:
CBS 3p - 6p ET

Full field link: http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r003/field.html

Looking forward to it!

*Cue the 16th Hole thread.

Damn you're quick Ary! I like Sneds again. I also like Bubba.

I am excited about this tournament. I really like the 16th hole concept. I wish they had something like that on a east coast tournament. I would be there in a heart beat.

I always look forward to this tournament because of the 16th hole. But the course is always beautiful and just a great tourney in general. Can't wait for this to get started

entertaining tournament. great looking course. terrible name.

Can't wait for this, like usual. I'll make my picks tonight.

Rickie Fowler is due fellas. Hope he gets his first PGA tour W.

Best looking crowd in golf. ASU coeds really bring it

This is always a fun event. I loved it a couple years ago when the Super Bowl was also in Phoenix (or where ever the NFL stadium is down there). I'll be tuned in all week!

I'll do my best to take a ton of pictures! I love this event so much.

This will really be a tough one with such a solid field of players and so many rookies playing veteran golf right now. How's the weather looking for this one so far?

It should be the strongest field yet this season. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will really be a tough one with such a solid field of players and so many rookies playing veteran golf right now. How's the weather looking for this one so far?

Amazing as always lol. 70 all week+weekend

Ill be going to this event for sure. Was gonna try and take Fridya off or weds off but not looking good haha. Cannot wait!

I played the Stadium Course back in May and 16 looks nothing like it does on TV. Amazing course.

I threw in a dark horse or 2 this week. Hopefully I can get some good points for this weeks fantasy round.

I love this tournament. I love the environment, I love the layout, I love the course. It should be a fun one to watch.

I love this tournament. I love the environment, I love the layout, I love the course. It should be a fun one to watch.

Me too, bro...I would love to be in the drunken crowd on 16, one of the days during this tournament!

Me too, bro...I would love to be in the drunken crowd on 16, one of the days during this tournament!

It's one of those bucket list things I reckon, cause I would love to hang out there for a weekend too. That's the way I would like to watch golf. Boo'ing dudes when they miss the green and stuff.

I agree dude bro. If I was TMex I'd be there like Tiger coming in 4th place on a Sunday.

Beast mode from tapatalk

It's one of those bucket list things I reckon, cause I would love to hang out there for a weekend too. That's the way I would like to watch golf. Boo'ing dudes when they miss the green and stuff.

You know it, get all boozed up and heckle those guys get some free hats and stuff tossed at you and watch all the ASU coeds...sounds like a great weekend!

Agreed. It's the closest golf gets to being like the other sports

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I agree dude bro. If I was TMex I'd be there like Tiger coming in 4th place on a Sunday.

Beast mode from tapatalk

LMAO! Yep. I'd like to be there like you are right now!

Can't wait for this one. You gotta love 16 - one of the most entertaining holes in golf. I have some dark horses this week, and some solid stalwarts. Hope they perform.

Back