Tour Event Waste Management Phoenix Open

OITW

Reaction score
Dates: Jan 30th- Feb 2nd

Course: TPC Scottsdale (Stadium Course) 7,261 Par 71

Defending Champion: BDR Rickie Fowler

Notable Players: Hideki Matsuyama (went back to back in 16/17), JT - FedEx Poins leader, Rahmbo (ASU alum) everyone's favorite turtle Dechambeau, Finau, Watson, Adam Hadwin and a cool note, Marty Jertson, a Ping Engineer who qualified by winning the Southwest PGA Championship - I believe quite a few THPers met him in 2018 at the THP Championship.

Purse: $7,300,000:
$1,314,200 for 1st place

FedEx Cup Points: 500

72 Hole Scoring Record: 256 Mark Calcavecchia 2001 and Phil Mickelson 2013 (not playing this week)

Coverage Schedule:

TELEVISION:
Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-2:45 p.m. ET (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 9:15 a.m.- 7 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday 10:45 a.m.-6 p.m. (Featured Groups and Featured Holes)

RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1 p.m.-7 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-6 p.m. ET

Always a fun one to watch.

Wish they still let the pro's throw stuff into the crowd. I understand the liability, but if you're too drunk to catch something, that's on you!

This is always a fun one to watch!!

I would not be surprised if Rahm continues his strong play from Torrey this week in Scottsdale. It's always fun to watch this tournament. I also like the 17th hole as a very drivable par 4 with a uniquely shaped green that makes pin placement interesting for the players.

WASTED MANAGEMENT WOOOOOO!

Wish they still let the pro's throw stuff into the crowd. I understand the liability, but if you're too drunk to catch something, that's on you!

I agree. the fans are not as think as you drunk they are.

This is a great event. Thanks for the info @OITW

This is a great event. Thanks for the info @OITW

What's your favorite part of this event.

I loved the Gary Woodland Amy Bockerstette video the Tour did last year. All.The.Feels.

On my bucket list of tournaments to attend. First would be Augusta and then this because of the arena style par 3. It looks like an absolute blast!

I loved the Gary Woodland Amy Bockerstette video the Tour did last year. All.The.Feels.
I like how the players who embrace the crowd feed off of them and others don't seem as comfortable. Rickie tends to love the crowd and I enjoy seeing him get them riled up!

That was an incredible video and story. Gary seemed like he really cared and enjoyed the experience. Amy also seemed like she had a great time. I like the stadium aspect. Love when people wear different Jerseys out on 16 and get the crowd involved. Maybe we will see some Kobe Jerseys!

I like how the players who embrace the crowd feed off of them and others don't seem as comfortable. Rickie tends to love the crowd and I enjoy seeing him get them riled up!
That was an incredible video and story. Gary seemed like he really cared and enjoyed the experience. Amy also seemed like she had a great time. I like the stadium aspect. Love when people wear different Jerseys out on 16 and get the crowd involved. Maybe we will see some Kobe Jerseys!

Big fan of the jerseys, definitely fun to see them embrace it. I do wish they brought back the caddie races though.

Heading up on Sat cannot wait to go!

I had dinner with friends in Charlotte who are flying out for the tournament. They are so pumped.

Big fan of the jerseys, definitely fun to see them embrace it. I do wish they brought back the caddie races though.
Totally agree. Need caddie races again!! Need jersey's, need throwing stuff into the crowd, and need more fun stories like last season with Woodland and Amy!

Always have to love watching 16, but also 17 and 18!

Love watching this event, rooting for one of the young guys given the party atmosphere.

One of, if not my favorite rounds of golf was on this course a couple of weeks before the tournament; the course was closed and my friend who was CPA of the course at the time took me out and we played from the pro tees. Fantastic!

This one is fun, because you see the pros get to have a little fun out there.

The Woodland piece last year made things a little dusty, and also made him my wife's new favorite golfer.

Awesome tourney. Who's peoples top picks? I like RIcky and Mad Scientist.

Back