Watch enthusiasts?

I was into watches for a while, when I had more disposable income. I toyed with a rather expensive Movado, that I'm glad I didn't do, since it plummeted in value.

I've got a watch collection of mostly lower end watches. A bunch of G-Shocks because they're cheap and never break as long as the battery is good. Past that, it's a mix of Timex, Bullova, MVMT, Nixon, a few Citizens and one TAG. A good thread on this here:

Oh yeah. Plus one Garmin G60. I may have a problem...

I used to be big into watches, mostly looking them up and not buying, have had a few that I flipped over the years, now I have about four nicer ones and I look occasionally but nothing really jumps out at me as a must buy, the last one I got was a speedy pro before they moved to the new coaxial movement, still new in the box just haven't gotten around to wearing it. Still love them but just not as into it as I once was.

I used to spend a lot of time on Watchuseek. Most recent acquisition is a Tag Carrera Sport Chrono; Christmas gift from my wife last year:

1637771318299.png

I used to spend a lot of time on Watchuseek. Most recent acquisition is a Tag Carrera Sport Chrono; Christmas gift from my wife last year:

View attachment 9047079

A brand that seems to to get some hate from the WUS crowd. I’m personally a big fan, probably from their strong association with F1 when I was younger. I’d love a Carrera. Nice watch.

A brand that seems to to get some hate from the WUS crowd. I’m personally a big fan, probably from their strong association with F1 when I was younger. I’d love a Carrera. Nice watch.
Definitely agree. I wore this one for 20 years along with a Seiko diver and a G-Shock before I got the Carerra:

7D9A24B9-2542-46BE-9F32-75AA0C588F06.jpeg

Posted this in the other thread, but just picked this up last month
breitling crosswind special.jpg

I like many brands of watches, but my favorite is Patek Philippe. I believe that watches from this brand are a work of art. The other day I was in pawn shop for luxury watches and saw watch of this brand. I couldn't resist and bought them with a discount card that I had, since I was a regular customer of this institution. I have twenty watches in my collection, it even includes smart watches from different companies such as Apple, Xiaomi, Samsung and many others, I honestly don't remember. I wanted to ask the others who like smart watches more than regular watches. Are there any connoisseurs of antique watches here? How many watches do you have in your collection?

Last edited:
I was a lucky boy for my 40th
View attachment 8960981
It is a nice watch. I love the green color of Rolex. It looks like old money and something extremely expensive. I have always wanted to own a traditional green Rolex, but it is too expensive. I was buying something similar, but it wasn't the same. I have bought a watchmaking kit and have made a copy of a Rolex Watch in the colors I always wanted. I like the watch I have made, but it is still not a Rolex. I am saving up money for it, and I hope once I will be able to afford myself a Rolex Watch in green.

Last edited:
Love watches. I have a nice rotation that I wear on a regular. A couple Citizens with Eco-Drive, a couple Islander automatics, an Orient automatic I use as a dress watch and of course a G-Shock because no collection is complete without one. ;) I'll try to take a picture of my collection when I get back home this weekend.

Back