Watch enthusiasts?

boogiebot

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone here into watches? Or members of TRF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watches and pens used to be weaknesses of mine.

I am, mainly divers and Hamilton's. Nothing to expensive though. I stay out of the Omega/Rolex world.

Orient Mako II with a leather strap on my wrist right now. Got lucky, it only gains about a second and a half a day and I can self regulate it setting it dial up overnight where it loses about a second. I also really like Seiko divers.

Always nice to meet fellow watch fans on other sites. Lately my watch habit had to take a backseat to the kids.

Orient Mako II with a leather strap on my wrist right now. Got lucky, it only gains about a second and a half a day and I can self regulate it setting it dial up overnight where it loses about a second. I also really like Seiko divers.

I have the original Mako on a bond nato and it really is bomb proof. Keeps time well ands hardly ever off my wrist. I’ve also got a seiko baby snow monster for “best”.

I went through that phase, glad it's over. Have a lot of money just sitting in drawers!
Indeed, me, too, though most of my watches are for fun and not too expensive.

I have worn this one every day for the past 10 years:
OP for TRF.JPG

These were the 4 favorites I used to own. I sold all of my watches except for the Oris; eventually I sold that too before we moved to Costa Rica.

At some point, I'd like to get a Breitling Super Avenger with 3 bracelet/strap options: steel, croc and rubber.
watches[1].png

I like watches but I don't really spend a lot on them anymore. I have a couple of Tags that are 25+ years old and an Oris that is 15 years old. I haven't bought a new reasonably expensive watch since the Oris.

These are the three that I cycle through the most out of my collection.

IMG_3294.jpgIMG_3023.jpgIMG_4102.JPG

I tried to get into watches several times. I found my tastes were drawn to designs and brands far outside my affordable range. lol! I also found most watched look ridiculous on my skinny wrists/arms. Its hard to find 32mm or smaller watch faces with interesting features.

definitely not an enthusiast, but I have this Charles Hubert Paris Pocket watch. Cheap, but I just liked the looks. I cannot wear wrist watches that well, so opted for this. An exception would be the rubber-like band on the Garmins.IMG_20200811_081428256.jpg

Here is my collection. BTW my in-laws gave me some old humidors that I converted to watch boxes.

Attachments

• 20200406_184304.jpg
    20200406_184304.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200406_184044.jpg
    20200406_184044.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200406_184108.jpg
    20200406_184108.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 20
Also the Lume on the custom watch I bought is just insane. Call this the ghost face build. Got it from a watch builder/enthusiast on reddit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200406-201318_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200406-201318_Chrome.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9
Someone likes the Seiko!(y) I want an orange monster. At least I think I do.

I've got a few Citizens, a Bulova, and a Seiko. I'd like a few more Citizens, Bulovas, and Seikos.

We have a pretty good watch thread on here somewhere...

Love that sail strap Omega. (y)

One of my favs in my collection. The watch is a 2012 Seamaster Ryder Cup Captain's Watch and the strap is from the 2016 Seamaster Ryder Cup release

When I first started flying, my dad brought this watch back for me, from one of his Japan trips circa 1970... Its a Seiko mechanical automatic Navigator Timer and works perfectly and has never been opened.
cT0xjkW.jpg

Here's a Seiko Chronograph I bought in the 90's...
lDoILSP.jpg

a TAG Heuer Aquaracer...
M0f1QCH.jpg

a mid sized Omega Seamaster...
gSVyUeE.jpg

I got my great grandfather's Howard gold pocket watch, circa 1900...
a0T0HwI.jpg

a picture of him holding it in his hand, with his grandkids circa 1915...
34DBGMj.png

Someone likes the Seiko!(y) I want an orange monster. At least I think I do.

I've got a few Citizens, a Bulova, and a Seiko. I'd like a few more Citizens, Bulovas, and Seikos.

I loved my OM, had it on a Seiko bracelet. It was nice, until I thought I had the skills to regulate the time........ Well now it's in pieces waiting until I get a new movement for it and rebuild it from the ashes of my mistake. I have the power to make it better, maybe.

In the mean time, I'm rocking a Citizen Pro-Master, that I caught on sale on Amazon for like $90. Yeah it's dive watches or nothing for me.

Dive watches are the ones I like... those and complicated looking faces with chronographs... nice price for a pro master. I stay away from looking at watches online. It keeps me from spending money:ROFLMAO:

Back