Watch "Work in progress" on YouTube

MSH134

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
not a great video but i am trying to show the club over my shoulder and not behind me there is an older video of my old swing on here somewhere but i am tech challenged and it took me an hour to post this. the old video will show club below my shoulder and behind me Freddie has been helping me along with drills and getting it above my shoulder is a miracle

Looks good to me!

Really is a BIG improvement in such a short time frame. Keep up the good work!

Do you have a hard time turning your shoulders? This the center of all your issues. At the current time I am seeing an all arms take away. And this is why you are struggling to get the club to the top. Usually I see the arms turn the shoulders but in your case the shoulders don't turn.

Don't try to get the club over the shoulder. Try to turn the shoulders and swing the arms. To get this feeling I would like you to place a club (driver) across your shoulders, like a yolk. Place you hands on either side (grip and head). Feet shoulder width apart, knees flexed and waist bent. In this position you will keep the legs flexed, waist bent and turn the left shoulder as far as you can and hold it. Remember to keep the waist flexed and knees bent. Hold for a 5 count. Repeat this 10 times.

I am hopefully giving you some strength and flexibility. By keeping the knees flexed and waist bent and just turning the shoulders, we are building up your coil. Now, the shoulders will only turn as far as the body will allow. If you need to turn the hips a bit to get to 90*, do so. But maintain the knees flex and waist bend. This will be a long road and will need some time to sink in.

After you've done this, I would like you to take your normal setup and repeat the exercise but while holding the club as normal. Knees bent, waist flexed and turn the shoulders against that lower body. The goal is not to turn outside of what your body will allow but to utilize what your body will allow. I'm not looking for 90* if you can't get there. The above exercise is designed to give you flexibility that you will see in your full swing but it won't be the same depth of shoulder turn.

As the left shoulder turns and the arms swing back and too the top, keep in mind your tempo. Don't snatch the club back. Allow the shoulders to move and the arms stay in front of the shoulders. This will start the process for you. And this is all I want you to work on. Once this is secure we can work on the delivery of the club. For now swing through as normal. If you make the proper shoulder turn I think you'll see a different delivery.

Do you have a hard time turning your shoulders? This the center of all your issues. At the current time I am seeing an all arms take away. And this is why you are struggling to get the club to the top. Usually I see the arms turn the shoulders but in your case the shoulders don't turn.

Don't try to get the club over the shoulder. Try to turn the shoulders and swing the arms. To get this feeling I would like you to place a club (driver) across your shoulders, like a yolk. Place you hands on either side (grip and head). Feet shoulder width apart, knees flexed and waist bent. In this position you will keep the legs flexed, waist bent and turn the left shoulder as far as you can and hold it. Remember to keep the waist flexed and knees bent. Hold for a 5 count. Repeat this 10 times.

I am hopefully giving you some strength and flexibility. By keeping the knees flexed and waist bent and just turning the shoulders, we are building up your coil. Now, the shoulders will only turn as far as the body will allow. If you need to turn the hips a bit to get to 90*, do so. But maintain the knees flex and waist bend. This will be a long road and will need some time to sink in.

After you've done this, I would like you to take your normal setup and repeat the exercise but while holding the club as normal. Knees bent, waist flexed and turn the shoulders against that lower body. The goal is not to turn outside of what your body will allow but to utilize what your body will allow. I'm not looking for 90* if you can't get there. The above exercise is designed to give you flexibility that you will see in your full swing but it won't be the same depth of shoulder turn.

As the left shoulder turns and the arms swing back and too the top, keep in mind your tempo. Don't snatch the club back. Allow the shoulders to move and the arms stay in front of the shoulders. This will start the process for you. And this is all I want you to work on. Once this is secure we can work on the delivery of the club. For now swing through as normal. If you make the proper shoulder turn I think you'll see a different delivery.
Thanks for the input I will be working this all weekend

Watching the video I now see what you see with shoulder turn I have a speed stick that I have been working last 2 hours with and now off to the range

Practice is going well I am starting to hit clubs that I haven't been able to hit in years. My bag is going to be heavier this year with drivers and fairways woods I can actually hit yeah baby

Another decent range session starting to make a better turn which is something I think is changing the whole swing club is no longer shut at the top and the swing is so much easier ?

Having some good range sessions and things are feeling better in takeaway still have a hard time with the feeling of club getting upright in back swing the club has NEVER been in this position before but the results are amazing try and get new video this weekend

Back