Watched Trials of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix: So Pissed off

TonyB

Reaction score
Handicap
If you haven't watched this limited series on Netflix, you should. It is about a 8 year old boy that was tortured and murdered by his mother and her boyfriend. I won't say anything else about it other than this pissed me off so much and had me in tears. The system failed this poor kid in the worst possible way.

I haven’t been able to watch it! I heard some of the details and just can’t do it!

I haven’t been able to watch it! I heard some of the details and just can’t do it!
It's tough man! My wife had watched it while I was out of town for a few days and started telling me about it last night so I binge watched today.

Just finished it a few minutes ago. Tough to watch man especially having children. Reminder that pure evil does exist.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

This is my take as well. I'm sure it's a powerful story but the facts are too f'ed. Same with the cat flick.

I read a little about this on Reddit. It was enough to convince me that I have no desire to watch it. I can't handle evil inflicted on innocent children.

Watched the first 2 episodes! This will make you sick to your stomach and your heart hurt! I hope everyone who played a part, are punished 10 fold!

Watched the first 2 episodes! This will make you sick to your stomach and your heart hurt! I hope everyone who played a part, are punished 10 fold!
Exactly! After the first 2 episodes I just wanted to keep watching to see the 2 of them punished. I really like the prosecutor and as more of his story comes out in the other episodes, I think you will also.

It is disturbing to see. How could someone be so cruel to a child. Second, how can our system fail these children so badly? Hopefully this helps bring some change.

It is disturbing to see. How could someone be so cruel to a child. Second, how can our system fail these children so badly? Hopefully this helps bring some change.
It amazed me the level of incompetence in the system.

It amazed me the level of incompetence in the system.
Definitely makes you wonder about those in charge. Seems to be way to much looking the other way to avoid doing work.

Tough to watch no doubt...need cases like this to change the systems that failed.

I finished it as well recently. A real tough watch at times but getting the word out is important. Man, brutal

I read a little about this on Reddit. It was enough to convince me that I have no desire to watch it. I can't handle evil inflicted on innocent children.
Yea it’s pretty rough to watch. How these people saw the signs of abuse and didn’t take further action is kind of mind boggling.

This is on my list to watch and I’m sure I’ll get to it soon. There are so many good docs out there right now. A lot of them leave you shaking your head.

Back