Water play technique?

sepfeiff

Reaction score
Handicap
wearing too much white for this shot, wedge from the water a few weeks ago. :bulgy-eyes: Played it a lot like a bunker shot - Suggestions?

Thanks for the video! My rule of thumb if my ball is in the water, is if half the ball is out of the water then I will try and hit it. You are on track that it should be played like a bunker shot. So open up your clubface, play the ball forward with an open stance. Then it is an easy "splash" thought from there. Hopefully you don't encounter this shot too often. :)

Josh Miller
PGA Certified Professional
GolfTEC - Golden, CO

Nice shot, sepfeiff!

Also, that is some nice steady camera work on the video as well.

Thanks for the video! My rule of thumb if my ball is in the water, is if half the ball is out of the water then I will try and hit it. You are on track that it should be played like a bunker shot. So open up your clubface, play the ball forward with an open stance. Then it is an easy "splash" thought from there. Hopefully you don't encounter this shot too often. :)

Josh Miller
PGA Certified Professional
GolfTEC - Golden, CO

Thanks!

Also jfurr - thee video was pretty shaky, but youtube now has an image stabalization on upload... Does an incredible job

You did a lot better then I did. I tried this once last december in 38 degree weather in Washington state. I took off one shoe and sock and stood in ice cold water. I got the ball up close to the green but to my surprise the splash came straight up and hit me in the face. It was a good laugh but really cold.

Back