Waterproof stand bag

Faiz

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all!
My birthday is coming up and to go with my new irons I'd like a new bag.
I live in the UK so it makes sense to get a waterproof bag as I really don't like having to dry out everything overnight before the next day.
I also only carry.
So... I'd like some feedback on waterproof stand bags, what have you got, what would you recommend, what should I steer clear of?
Any help would be great!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I used the Titleist Players 4 Stay Dry. It is a good bag, but a zipper broke after about 3 months of use. The zippers are water right, but you have to kind ofbyank on them. Also the range finder pocket is open as just a slide in and out so it won't keep the rangefinder in heavy rain.

Hi all!
My birthday is coming up and to go with my new irons I'd like a new bag.
I live in the UK so it makes sense to get a waterproof bag as I really don't like having to dry out everything overnight before the next day.
I also only carry.
So... I'd like some feedback on waterproof stand bags, what have you got, what would you recommend, what should I steer clear of?
Any help would be great!

Always good to see you around here!

My son has had a version of this for several years and really likes it:

The Stitch SL1 and SL2 are about as water proof as they come.

I used the Titleist Players 4 Stay Dry. It is a good bag, but a zipper broke after about 3 months of use. The zippers are water right, but you have to kind ofbyank on them. Also the range finder pocket is open as just a slide in and out so it won't keep the rangefinder in heavy rain.
Regardless of whether your bag is a "waterproof" model or not, given what our bags go through I would strongly recommend a shot of silicone spray on the zippers every couple of months. It's amazing how much better they slide after an application.

I have a friend that lives in England and he has a dry lite hybrid big max bag he loves. I was gonna get one but my wife bought me a ping hoofer instead. Played with him once and we got rained on a little bit and he said only in a torrential downpour will it get a little wet.

Regardless of whether your bag is a "waterproof" model or not, given what our bags go through I would strongly recommend a shot of silicone spray on the zippers every couple of months. It's amazing how much better they slide after an application.
Maybe I should have done that? I would like all magnet pockets. Maybe someone should try that.

Ping Monsoon. The one I’ve seen in person felt heavy.

Id go with any of the Vessel stand bags

I have the titliest stadry carry bag and I have used it extensively in wet weather being on the same side of the atlantic as yourself.🌧
It keeps everything dry, including phone, keys in the side pocket my only complaint has been that the padded carry straps on mine have become a bit less padded as result of getting wet over and over but they can be replaced if needed.
I would recommend it is definitely worth a look.

I went with the Big Max Gravi-T bag last spring. No complaints using it in wet conditions so far. I may try spraying some silicone on the zippers to help free them up. They're a bit stiff but I figured that's to be expected since it's waterproof.

Thanks guys some solid feedback!
I would say right now it's kind of between the Titleist Stadry or a Sun Mountain H2NO.
One thing that annoys me is that we don't get the awesome variety you guys get over there. Will need to look and see if something catches my eye.
Ideally I'd like something aesthetically pleasing.

I read a ton of reviews etc and decided to go with the 2021 Titleist Players 4+ Stadry. It arrives on Tuesday, can't wait!
Love that new bag feeling!

Got my bag today, I may not be able to actually use it for a month or so but I am so happy. It is super nice!
Got some new stuff coming to go with it, umbrella, headcover Nd some other stuff
5a06d515e155a2cbccd50e4cdae4ac39.jpg

Back