we hear it all the time...life is short.

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
lately, I've been getting harsh reminders of this as 2 friends have passed away suddenly. one, i hadn't seen in a year but the other, i just saw on the course the day before he passed...and in the spirit of social distancing, we didn't give each other our usual handshake and hug...a huge miss for me, personally...golf is great but friends are priceless.

Sorry for your losses! Carpe diem!

Condolences, it's always tough to lose friends. It really reminds you how fragile life is.

Sorry for the string of losses @chile. Couldn't agree with the sentiment more.

I think people tend to forget you are one heartbeat away from your eternal destiny. I have seen many pass away and now at 65 heading on to 66, really brings this to light more than ever. Hard to find great friends and when you do they are indeed priceless as you put it.

It is a tough time right now. Sorry to hear that news.

Sorry to hear about your losses. My condolences.

Sorry to hear of your losses @chile 😢:(

I am very sorry for your losses.

I had a serious illness about 3.5 years ago. Serious enough that they told my wife, parents and kids I might not make it. I don't remember that as I was unconscious. I have made a full recovery with no serious side effects. Since then I do believe that every day is a good day. I always felt that way but it is definitely more in the front of my mind now. I haven't substantially changed my life (I do eat a little better but the illness had nothing to do with that) I go to work, provide for my family etc. I am definitely more appreciative of everything. Enjoy your family and what you have. If you have a chance to sneak out for a round of golf take it.

Sorry to hear of your loss... my condolences.

I very much agree with your sentiment.

Condolences to you @chile. It's never easy to lose someone close. I feel for you.

I am off to a funeral next week. A close friend who fought cancer three times. He won the first one at 40 against bowel, then again at 50 against non Hodgkinsons.Sadly at 55 the non hods came back and he passed last week. A large, loud lovely Irish lad who was youngest of six. He was 250 lbs and over 6'2",but had dropped to less than 140 when I saw him last.

Only 50 allowed at funeral, 44 family and 6 of us friends.

Condolences @chile I'm sorry you lost your friends. You've got more here(y)

Back