We Moved to the Nashville Area

Congrats on the move to the home of your first HOF tag!

5 pages in and you are the first to post the real reason for move this way. Sweetens only about 2 hrs down 24.

Ha.
I’m 35 mins away right now but not playing this weekend.

One day.

My office is a severe work in progress right now. 🙃

I would think that your bodies will get a rude welcome about Dec or Jan, it's the south but still gets colder than I want to be.

Last edited:
Congrats on the move @JB and @GolferGal

Nashville is a place the wife has been wanting to check out as well for awhile. Never been , but have heard a ton of good things about the area.

Congrats again on the move!

Thanks everybody. There is so much going on so we can unveil some fun things coming up.

But we are excited to share everything very soon.

very cool, my wife's company is based out of Nashville and enjoy the city.

Goodbye Malfunction Junction traffic!

Welcome to TN JB&GG

TN is on the "retire to there" list for sure. Enjoy!

Did I just read Nashville Tennessee is raising property tax 34% due to the coronavirus?

WOW!

Its in this thread a bit.
Davidson County did raise it that much, although still quite low compared to the rest of the country. The surrounding counties have had no increase.

that is crazy.

that is crazy.

To give you an example. Using Nebraska, the average property tax rate is between 1.8 and 2%. The average in TN is about .75%

To give you an example. Using Nebraska, the average property tax rate is between 1.8 and 2%. The average in TN is about .75%

States with the lowest effective property tax rates were Hawaii (0.36%), Alabama (0.48%), Colorado (0.52%), Utah (0.56%), Nevada (0.58%) Tennessee (0.61%), West Virginia (0.61%), Delaware (0.62%), Arizona (0.63%) and Wyoming (0.65%).

States with the highest effective property tax rates were Illinois (2.22%), New Jersey (2.19%), Texas (2.11%), Vermont (2.11%), Connecticut (2.04%), New Hampshire (1.93%), New York (1.87%), Pennsylvania (1.75%), Ohio (1.68%) and Nebraska (1.57%).

Reactions: JB
i believe ours is by county and the way its levied.
scottsbluff county is at its max while other counties are lower.
our property tax is high i do realize.

i was just thinking that a 34% increase for some individuals that may be a lot. especially when its not planned for.

i believe ours is by county and the way its levied.
scottsbluff county is at its max while other counties are lower.
our property tax is high i do realize.

i was just thinking that a 34% increase for some individuals that may be a lot. especially when its not planned for.

It actually was planned. They had been talking about this for a while, it was well known in Davidson County (Which is actual Nashville) that it was coming. And for the record I agree, that's a massive tax hike, if I lived in that county I would be so mad.

Very cool! I go there at least once a year as my wife went to Med School there. Ill try and remember to reach out next time I go!

Also, you MUST go to Hattie Bs!!!!

States with the lowest effective property tax rates were Hawaii (0.36%), Alabama (0.48%), Colorado (0.52%), Utah (0.56%), Nevada (0.58%) Tennessee (0.61%), West Virginia (0.61%), Delaware (0.62%), Arizona (0.63%) and Wyoming (0.65%).

States with the highest effective property tax rates were Illinois (2.22%), New Jersey (2.19%), Texas (2.11%), Vermont (2.11%), Connecticut (2.04%), New Hampshire (1.93%), New York (1.87%), Pennsylvania (1.75%), Ohio (1.68%) and Nebraska (1.57%).
Shoot... I didn't realize my Ohio was so high. I just knew my county is better that Cuyahoga (CLE) & Summit (Akron)
Won't be moving t those areas ever again

Shoot... I didn't realize my Ohio was so high. I just knew my county is better that Cuyahoga (CLE) & Summit (Akron)
Won't be moving t those areas ever again
Living in Cuyahoga and realize its rough on taxes but cost of living is sooooo cheap... Cheapest in the country for all the amenities.

Living in Cuyahoga and realize its rough on taxes but cost of living is sooooo cheap... Cheapest in the country for all the amenities.
Don’t forget the amazing weather 😀

I have beaver been to Nashville but have only heard good things about it. I hope you get all settled in soon I know moving can be a pain

Back