We Moved to the Nashville Area

If like you say you are looking at going east of Nashville, Crossville TN is a fantastic place to look at, plus they have several really good golf courses and being a fairly small town, while still being fairly close to Nashville.
That’s pretty far from Nashville her being an hour to hour and a half depending on traffic

@GolferGal or @JDax can probably help more. Small towns are aplenty and places like Franklin might fit your needs
Friends of my wife's live near Franklin. Absolutely beautiful part of the country. Liked that it was close enough to Nashville too.

My oldest kid is in her second semester in grad school at Vandy. She is doing classes virtually but loves Nashville. My wife did tv news there 25 years ago. We almost stayed but we love NC.

That’s pretty far from Nashville her being an hour to hour and a half depending on traffic
I was actually thinking of Cookeville(oops) It's still just as far almost. When JimBetts mentioned between Nashville and Chattanooga, I assumed that was the area he was looking at. Having lived in Brentwood and Franklin, and looking at what he would like 1/2 acre min. and no HOA, that's a tall order(and be reasonable). You are correct that Cookeville/Crossville are that far away.

Reactions: JB
I was actually thinking of Cookeville(oops) It's still just as far almost. When JimBetts mentioned between Nashville and Chattanooga, I assumed that was the area he was looking at. Having lived in Brentwood and Franklin, and looking at what he would like 1/2 acre min. and no HOA, that's a tall order(and be reasonable). You are correct that Cookeville/Crossville are that far away.

I am born and raised in Brentwood and live in Franklin now.

I am born and raised in Brentwood and live in Franklin now.
I moved from Ohio to Brentwood job related, moved to Franklin in 1997, then moved to west Tn. Loved Franklin and Nashville back then, it's really changed from when I lived there. Most of it, not for the good, IMHO!

I moved from Ohio to Brentwood job related, moved to Franklin in 1997, then moved to west Tn. Loved Franklin and Nashville back then, it's really changed from when I lived there. Most of it, not for the good, IMHO!

It’s changed a ton since I was born in 1980. There were only 3 public high schools my freshman year in Williamson County.

I still remember cool springs when it was farmland. The Christmas Eve tornado that went thru there in 1988 changed everything.

It’s definitely got a lot more transients. I feel like I’m the only one that ever is “from here” when asked. Traffic blows now for sure. But it’s home for me. I spent 4 years in school in Texas and couldn’t wait to come back. I used to think it was a great big little town (Nashville) but it’s def a big town now.

Wouldn’t live anywhere else tho.

It’s changed a ton since I was born in 1980. There were only 3 public high schools my freshman year in Williamson County.

I still remember cool springs when it was farmland. The Christmas Eve tornado that went thru there in 1988 changed everything.

It’s definitely got a lot more transients. I feel like I’m the only one that ever is “from here” when asked. Traffic blows now for sure. But it’s home for me. I spent 4 years in school in Texas and couldn’t wait to come back. I used to think it was a great big little town (Nashville) but it’s def a big town now.

When I first moved to Nashville(Brentwood), I just has the best time between working/fun/enjoying the city. I met a guy from Penn State, and he and I became really good friends. There was a retired cop living in our condo group and he knew all of the ins and outs of Nashville. One thing that amazed me was how accessible some of the C&W people were especially at Tootsies where they came to play. We even had Terri Clark come over to our condo during a pool party with her "friends" amazing time, and can I tell you stories about printers alley!!!😊

Oh well you can tell I'm reminiscing... anyway lived in Franklin for a little over a year loved the small town atmosphere back then, several small restaurants at the time but they served good food. The 4th of July at the square was always special, as I remember Doc Severance (Johnny Carson) came with his group for a jazz fest.

Great times I had in Nashville/Franklin,,,,,,,,, thanks to Karl Dean(Mayor) who "wanted Nashville to be like Atlanta"...well he got his wish. You are right though, Nashville is a great city..not a town anymore!

Tennessee IMO is the most beautiful state in the country. The fault lines throughout the state provide some absolutely unbelievable scenery. As a matter of fact on my drive back to Louisville from the Titleist Experience near Atlanta I got rerouted away from I-24 due to an accident. Google took me north of Chattanooga and I never got back on the interstate till I hit I-65 near Bowling Green, KY. You can see the very distinct fault moving from bottom left to top right in the photo below. I found out it is the Sequatchie Valley. When my truck got to the top of the peak and came over to the canyon I could see maybe 10-15 miles to my right and literally see where the canyon was closing up and to my left it was maybe the same distance to the end where it opens up. It ends at the lake you drive through on I-24 near Chattanooga. I personally love the Smokies, I love Lookout Mountain, I love driving on the I-40 ridgeline, I love driving over Jelicho Mountain on I-75 near the Kentucky border. The whole state East of Nashville is gorgeous Appalachian Mountain terrain.

Screenshot_20210114-063835_Maps.jpg

We're planning on touring the area in the map above this March. No doubt we'll fall in love with this area.

We're planning on touring the area in the map above this March. No doubt we'll fall in love with this area.
The road northeast of Chattanooga that crosses that gorge has an unbelievable Vista. There was an overlook to pull off on, but the views by car were magnificent as well.

Tennessee IMO is the most beautiful state in the country. The fault lines throughout the state provide some absolutely unbelievable scenery. As a matter of fact on my drive back to Louisville from the Titleist Experience near Atlanta I got rerouted away from I-24 due to an accident. Google took me north of Chattanooga and I never got back on the interstate till I hit I-65 near Bowling Green, KY. You can see the very distinct fault moving from bottom left to top right in the photo below. I found out it is the Sequatchie Valley. When my truck got to the top of the peak and came over to the canyon I could see maybe 10-15 miles to my right and literally see where the canyon was closing up and to my left it was maybe the same distance to the end where it opens up. It ends at the lake you drive through on I-24 near Chattanooga. I personally love the Smokies, I love Lookout Mountain, I love driving on the I-40 ridgeline, I love driving over Jelicho Mountain on I-75 near the Kentucky border. The whole state East of Nashville is gorgeous Appalachian Mountain terrain.

My wife’s family is in Chattanooga and that drive/area is amazing.
We really should do a Sweetens Cove trip.

Ok Nashville/Middle TN people, what’s up with these 13, 17, and 30 year cicadas?

We haven’t REALLY had them in a long time. I think it was last year you could hear them but I don’t remember seeing one. In maybe 99, they were everywhere. Like flew on you walking from your car to a building. People would walk up to you and slap you on your back and before you could get defensive they’d say “just getting a cicada off your back”. We were under attack. I don’t really remember seeing them since.

View attachment 8988134

Sweeten Cove is in that valley. The course used to be called Sequatchie Valley CC under previous owners. If you haven’t played there , you must.

When I first moved to Nashville(Brentwood), I just has the best time between working/fun/enjoying the city. I met a guy from Penn State, and he and I became really good friends. There was a retired cop living in our condo group and he knew all of the ins and outs of Nashville. One thing that amazed me was how accessible some of the C&W people were especially at Tootsies where they came to play. We even had Terri Clark come over to our condo during a pool party with her "friends" amazing time, and can I tell you stories about printers alley!!!

Oh well you can tell I'm reminiscing... anyway lived in Franklin for a little over a year loved the small town atmosphere back then, several small restaurants at the time but they served good food. The 4th of July at the square was always special, as I remember Doc Severance (Johnny Carson) came with his group for a jazz fest.

Great times I had in Nashville/Franklin,,,,,,,,, thanks to Karl Dean(Mayor) who "wanted Nashville to be like Atlanta"...well he got his wish. You are right though, Nashville is a great city..not a town anymore!

Nice. I’m a Brentwood middle/High alum. Went to CPA up until middle school. Love it here. The golf could be better (or more affordable if private is what you want.).

Ok Nashville/Middle TN people, what’s up with these 13, 17, and 30 year cicadas?
They will be everywhere for 4-6 weeks. They are harmless, but very clumsy. Golf is so much fun with them around as they will land right on you several times. Dogs love to eat them which is fine. If you don't like bugs it will be the worst month of the year for you. Depending on your neighborhoods age you may avoid them at your house. If it was built since the last cycle the moving of earth generally destroys the eggs in the ground and they like big trees so they won't be around in a typical new subdivision.gettyimages-50838035-67509f0b4b0bfcde2feaf0219cbd32190ce47fbb.jpg

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks at THP HQ and wanted to update everybody as to why. @GolferGal and I relocated and sold our house in Clearwater, FL to enjoy some some of what TN has to offer. There were a lot of reasons for this, none of which really matters, but the results will lead to some very cool things for THPers.

We still have a life in FL as our families are there and a rental condo, but this is going to be a fun adventure that we are excited about.

There are some very cool things coming that we are going to be sharing very soon.
Welcome to Nashville! You will love it.

They will be everywhere for 4-6 weeks. They are harmless, but very clumsy. Golf is so much fun with them around as they will land right on you several times. Dogs love to eat them which is fine. If you don't like bugs it will be the worst month of the year for you. Depending on your neighborhoods age you may avoid them at your house. If it was built since the last cycle the moving of earth generally destroys the eggs in the ground and they like big trees so they won't be around in a typical new subdivision.View attachment 8990069

Are we due for them?

They will be everywhere for 4-6 weeks. They are harmless, but very clumsy. Golf is so much fun with them around as they will land right on you several times. Dogs love to eat them which is fine. If you don't like bugs it will be the worst month of the year for you. Depending on your neighborhoods age you may avoid them at your house. If it was built since the last cycle the moving of earth generally destroys the eggs in the ground and they like big trees so they won't be around in a typical new subdivision.View attachment 8990069

Are we due for them?

Crazy to think today marks 1 year since moving here and setting up the THP Tech Studio and beginning this journey. Been a fun ride.

Crazy to think today marks 1 year since moving here and setting up the THP Tech Studio and beginning this journey. Been a fun ride.

that food scene in Nashville is 🔥 🔥 🔥

If you could change anything in the tech studio, would you?

that food scene in Nashville is 🔥 🔥 🔥

If you could change anything in the tech studio, would you?
Currently? Probably not. Might add a few more building areas but prefer cutting graphite away from lighting and cameras, so keep it in garage. Otherwise it has pretty much everything

Back