Wear different cap while playing golf

I wear a few caps but only one is golf-brand specific. I sometimes wear my Ping cap but usually it's either a Simms fishing, Portland Timbers, or Minnesota Wild cap. I also keep a bucket hat in my bag in case I want more sun protection.

I can't speak for others. But if I had my druthers I would buy caps without logos. That however, is like looking for a unicorn. That being the case, I usually look for caps that have a specific color that compliments the rest of my attire. The fact is I rarely buy caps at all. Almost all of my caps were given to me as presents. They know I play golf so THEY go for caps with golf brand logos. I only remember buying one cap in the past several years. For some reason I don't remember, I went to play and didn't have a cap on a sunny day. I was limited to the selection at the pro shop.

I wear Imperial hats from courses I've played. Love how lightweight they are and how great they fit me.

This is my favorite, Preston Trail in Dallas

799C70AA-9BE8-4E69-8E30-BEF7C66A3651.jpeg

I have a plain no logo grey hat that I wear most often right now. My wife also gets me a new under armor hat every year it seems like so I've got 3 or 4 of those in different shades of grey and black.

Im not real keen on paying top dollar for a branded hat, to advertise for a company. I wear plain bucket or boonie hat for sun protection

On course I wear hats that match my outfit. Off course I wear my kids baseball team hat or trucker style hats occasionally

I have a THP (Thanks) ball cap I wear quite often. If I'm going to be in the sun, I have a summer wide brim hat I wear. I have other ball caps, but the two above get 99% of my use.

I wear flex fit’s off course, or SnapBacks like the Puma’s. On course, it varies but it’s always an imperial.

The Titleist hat I have I picked up in a pro shop when I realized I forgot my hat. It was about all they had. It's a bit worse for wear stained and faded. It still sitting in the trunk of my car because it didn't fare well and hold its shape after I put it through the washer.

I replaced it with a Nike hat. I'm not a big Nike fan though. I've got several other hats but none I'm willing to wear on the course because they're too nice.

Hmmm, I wear hats that correspond to equipment I use/own. I have retired some (for non-golf use) as I don't play that equipment any longer. I also have a few hats from courses or events that I would prefer to equipment branded hats - and use as well - I try to rotate them all. While not a fan of snap backs, my daughter and I were at a Nat's game a while back and picked up hats that 'commemorate' the 1945 - yes 1945 Nats (called the Senators, but officially were the Nats). They had a nickname that is now popular in indie music (I think) - they were the Misfits of Summer - they were roughly 3 outs away from a play-in game to go the the world series - the story is they had a teenager on the team and a one legged player as well - they were the dregs of baseball (as many teams were) since their stars were off fighting the war. Anyway, Hank Greenberg hits a walk off grand slam in Detroit and the Nats season ended. Oh, they had a deaf player as well.

Sorry for the history lesson.

Oh yea, also a big boonie (is that what they are called?) Titleist as that's what my wife thought was least ugly of that style - for really sunny days when I walk. I keep it in the car as a fail safe.

I generally wear a hat with a golf course logo of some sort on it whether it is my course or somewhere else I have played.

Repping the shafts I play. I've worn the Hogan hat a few times but it just doesn't fit as well as this one.
1626783335200.png

I have a truckload of hats in every color known to man and from golf companies, courses, beer companies, THP and my Packers.
Nothing from UniQlo. Heck, I didn't even know what it was till I looked it up a few minutes ago.

I've got a bunch of hats I reserve for on course use. I sweat a fair amount so like to keep them separate from my off course rotation, though I'll commingle a bit. Most of my hats are OEM or from a course I've played. Have a pretty diverse collection as far as hat types/manufacturers. Pretty much all of my OEM hats right now are Callaway though.

I have a truckload of hats in every color known to man and from golf companies, courses, beer companies, THP and my Packers.
Nothing from UniQlo. Heck, I didn't even know what it was till I looked it up a few minutes ago.

I am sure you must have heard of Roger Federer (the great Swiss tennis maestro ) and Adam Scott (the great Aussie golfer), right? They are both Uniqlo ambassadors. I am very surprised that most people never heard of Uniqlo brand.

I have a bit of a hat problem. So I wear all types of different golf caps. Also I went from hating the look of bucket hats to buying a bunch of them and boonies to protect my head from the sun. Currently wearing a William Murray bucket and I also picked up a Callaway.

These BuckaFogey caps are my favorite though.

Attachments

• 2020-05-21 14.59.55.jpg
    2020-05-21 14.59.55.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
I wear very few golf branded hats.

Because the sides and top of my head have already been damaged by the sun, I've gone to bucket hats. The ones I wear most of the time are from Outdoor Reseach.
1626814019818.png

Probably the most comfortable hat I own is from Frogg Toggs.

I am Bald so I have a LOT of non golf hats, but my fav is a yellow Titleist with a magnet in fabric of peak to hold ball marker. Best idea ever, and yellow's my fav color.

I like wearing the Mission hats, soak up sweat nice and are cooler. I do plan on buying a bucket hat from the Bill Murray line though. I

I notice that 99% of the people play golf on the course wear either titleist, callaway, Taylormade, Puma, etc…hat.

I don’t see people wear Uniqlo, endorses by Adam Scott, golf/tennis hat on the golf course. I wonder why that is.

https://irishgolfer.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/GettyImages-1294502193.jpg
I tend to either wear a baseball cap or bucket hat when I golf and its usually not a golf brand. Most of mine are beer brand hats: PBR. Hamms or Leinenkugels. That or its a hat of one of my favorite teams. Living in Ohio, its fun sometimes to mess with people by wearing a Wisconsin Badgers hat. People seem to feel the need to tell me how much they hate the Badgers and I love asking them is it really hate or is it just fear? LOL Apprently some people never got the memo that its kind of rude to spend a round of golf telling someone you just met how much you hate all of their favorite teams. LOL

Back