Wear different cap while playing golf

I wear a black Wilson-Staff standard cap w/ white lettering on the front and the cool red/black Wilson-Staff shield logo on the back.....

I bought a MIzuno Bucket Hat for some reason ;)

And a Titleist Bucket Hat. You can't bend these things or they look like crap on your head. Well, they look like that anyway, but you don't want to make it worse.

As to ball caps, I had several black clover but that shamrock gets tiresome. I go between Titleist, Black Clover, and probably soon, a Mizuno ball cap.

I usually wear something that matches something I have in play. Really hit and humid days though I lose the hat early. Can’t stand it when the entire hat feels like it is soaking wet.

Main reason is probably people buy the ones they see at Golf Galaxy, Dicks, Academy, WalMart, Nike.Com, UnderArmour.com, etc.. The big brands are so much more marketed and available. Also, in my opinion, there are plenty of different hats from those main brands that everyone can find a hat they like.

I like the various colors and styles that Titleist has come out with; you can get their logo in all 1.87 million colors, it seams. I have been wearing a flat cap for 15 years or so. No logos, just a few different materials based on the season.

I think it is because that Uniqlo hat looks like it belongs on someone who is about to walk up to the host at a Chili's for the third time in 10 minutes to ask if his table for 4 is ready.

Last edited:
This is what I wear. Pretty sharp.

d33696b490e3a9b90d6b06880617084bb829b802_WGH700020_1_WILSON_SUN_HAT_WH_Back.jpeg

I wear only golf attire on the course, that includes hats from golf related companies!

My late uncle had a terry cloth bucket hat he’d soak and would walk my ass to death it.

I wear a wide brim straw hat, to protect from the sun. No brand name, I think I got it at Walmart.

I’ve been wearing a black cap from a course in NC or a visor to my range sessions and rounds lately. I’m probably going to add a hat or two soon.

SF Giants hat.

A0360E2F-53C2-46B0-9D3C-A40B5DBCE57A.jpeg

Have been wearing this hat for most outings this year1626736042414.png

I have two Uniqlo ball caps that I wear frequently but they don't have Uniqlo logo.

I don't wear non golf hats off the golf course because I tend to sweat a lot. I pretty much have dedicated golf hats for Ping, Under Armor, etc. that I wear on the course that soak up a ton of sweat.

I usually wear something that matches something I have in play. Really hit and humid days though I lose the hat early. Can’t stand it when the entire hat feels like it is soaking wet.
That’s because you have hair….

I am more a match my outfit hat guy. Most of my hats are sports related, so whichever colors work.

Agree with’ fufflemaster ‘ ,,, for me hat matches shoes or polo or outerwear , not just to wear a brand name necessarily. I think looking good and feeling good contribute to be good ,,, except that last bit seems far away 🤣 hahah

I rotate through a bunch of hats depending on what I’m feeling for the day. Project X Smoke Green, True Temper rope hat, couple different Mizuno and Titleist hats… etc…

US Army logo hat for me - I have multiple varieties of ball cap style.

Back