Wearing your collar up??

There are at least 10 guys at my club that wear their shirts this way. But they do not do it for the look, it is about keeping the sun off of their neck and it works.

Keep in mind that quite a few others could be doing the same thing.

I dont do it often, but I agree with JB, it does the job of keeping the sun off your neck. I have some buddies that do it for looks, I dont care, to each their own.....why let it bother you?

Not cool if you are going for style points. Sounds like a sensible solution on the course to block out the sun. I may even give it a go.

761_image.jpg

never. My GF sometimes tries putting mine up to which I tell her I will embarase her on purpose if she doesn't put it back down.

What about a 7 collar pop?
Spoiler
7_Popped_Collars.jpg

i wear my shirt with the back of the collar popped up. If possible i dont pop the front bits though.

I do it for 2 reasons:
1) i ave a long neck....it simply looks better, i dont lok so giraffe-like. Plus wearing it down makes you look a little bit like an I.T nerd.
2) In summer it keeps the sun off my very fair skin.

today is gonna be cold and sunny... i think ill go for the world record... if i can even fit in these bad boys... 10 popped collars ftw!

today is gonna be cold and sunny... i think ill go for the world record... if i can even fit in these bad boys... 10 popped collars ftw!

Not particularly on topic I know, but since it incorporates a ridiculous number of t-shirts being worn, enjoy:

[YOUTUBE]r6tlw-oPDBM[/YOUTUBE]

For shame--going off topic! Though I suppose a full swing in that getup would be something to see.

For shame--going off topic! Though I suppose a full swing in that getup would be something to see.

It was a detour, not a complete turn. He was still talking about shirts.

I took my second favorite guy in the world to lunch today, and a teenager at the next table had a popped collar on his rugby shirt. Yes, it looked that stupid. He was with his rather dapper-looking father, so I hope he'd been admonished.

His father probably did that in college.

Not particularly on topic I know, but since it incorporates a ridiculous number of t-shirts being worn, enjoy:

lmao... classic... reminds me of the kid in christmas story

Popped collars are ridiculous! Everytime I see someone with their collar popped, it makes me want to take off my fanny pack and throw it at them.

I sense that all of the criticism here of those who don the flying collar comes from the plebian ranks. I will continue to adorn myself with the collar up as is my high status in society without the slightest concern for the opinions shared here.

Sorry guys, this one had to be cleaned up.

Redux: I was in High School or early college when this fad came back in. I disapproved back then, but I don't really care these days. I have popped my collar in cold weather to keep the wind off my neck... I guess sometimes it comes down to function over form.

I think wearing the collar up looks like Count Dracula. Or the kids have pencil necks and they are trying to make them bigger. It's funny how the new style looks so ugly usually. Like all those freaks on the fashion show runways. A new form of circus.:bananadance:

Its really weird, kinda freaky. I try to shy away from it. I want to look normal..:banghead:

living in australia, it doesn't matter if it's cool or not.....it stops me from frying!!!

oh......its not cool though.......:bananadance:

Color me a dork, snob, wannabe...whatever. But my flaps are up out here in AZ. And I wear a wide-brimmed hat too. And slather on plenty of sunblock.

I kinda learned to do this the hard way. Something I wouldn't wish on anybody here.

Take heed of the sun, guys and gals.

Back