Weather here in the NJ has been ridiculous hot and disgusting humid for weeks. How about your area?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
Its all rant for me.
This has to be one the hottest and most humid summers I can recall here in the northeast. The humidity has simply been relentless.

I am a heavy sweater and Ill sweat when its 60 but this past couple months has been one the worst I recall. Ive worn 2 gloves every round this spring and summer because of the unstoppable sweating. Its not even like we get a break in the early am or in the later pm. Its simply just disgusting humid, humid, and more humid just about every day all day long for like the past 6 to 8 weeks. Its been so bad its not even nice to sit out in your yard because you simply sweat and sweat and sweat. Most everyone (especially walking like myself) is leaving the courses with soaked shirts and shorts. I put up my UV umbrella and also have a seat on my cart.

I pack about 7 or 8 waters with me in a small cooler with ice and not only do I go through them all but also buy a couple Gatorades and couple more waters from the cart. I end up collectively pouring 2 or 3 bottles over my head during the round. Drink a bottle about every other hole.

I can go on and on. Its been too hot and too humid. I dont know how you folks down south play in the summer at all. Im not built for heat and humidity like this. Id much rather play in 48 degrees vs high 80's or 90 and more and also humid. But here in NJ its just been pounding us daily for weeks straight now. I dont recall a recent summer this hot and humid where its lasting this long with little to no breaks.

Right there with ya here in central PA. It’s been so brutal I almost considered switching switching from beer to water on the course! It’s hot when I wake up and hot when I go to bed and I’m ready for a change.

Right there with ya here in central PA. It’s been so brutal I almost considered switching switching from beer to water on the course! It’s hot when I wake up and hot when I go to bed and I’m ready for a change.
sounds ridiculous to mention this but I look forward to a dry 78 or 80 degree day just as a means of cooling off some...lol
I mean enough already with this 88 to 92 and humid.

I dont know how you folks down south play in the summer at all.

This is going to sound like one of those "the older I get, the better I used to be" stories.....

I grew up in Florida. While I wasn't into golf back then, I played most other sports... football, basketball, tennis, softball/baseball... We played those sports in typical Florida July weather. I remember sweating my butt off, but would do it for hours every chance I could.

Now that I've become acclimated to the colder climate of Northern Michigan, I don't know how I did it back then.

I walk every round of golf that I can. I do play in the morning when it is generally very much cooler, but as I get to the last few holes and it gets closer to 11 or 12 o'clock, I'm completely worn out from the heat. Throw in the humidity we had this past weekend and I turn into a feeble old man.

I'm looking forward to some Fall golf.

No crap, it's been Florida hot up here in Maine, high 80s and dew point up in the 60s. Feels like I'm living in the Jolly Green Giants jock strap! 🤬

No crap, it's been Florida hot up here in Maine, high 80s and dew point up in the 60s. Feels like I'm living in the Jolly Green Giants jock strap! 🤬
and even up there too? Again its that dew point. Simply wont give up.
I was just upstate NY (lake George) for a few days and I at least felt some relief at night with that cooler mountain evening air. But yea it was still hyumid in the daytime even at a little bit of altitude.

It's been cooling off to 105* during the day. Down from 114* a few days ago.

Humidity has been 5% - 8% most days.

Looks like no monsoon (humidity) rains for us this summer. Still a week or two to go so, maybe the thunder boomies will still get here.

Apparently there's a hurricane off the coast of Baja that might bring us some rain. Who knows.

I’m in Phoenix hanging with my granddaughter and it’s absolute hell here. High is 113 tomorrow. She is interested in golf so we’ve been to TopGolf three times. She’s getting the hang of it but there is no way to get her on a course before I go back to Alabama on Saturday

and even up there too? Again its that dew point. Simply wont give up.
I was just upstate NY (lake George) for a few days and I at least felt some relief at night with that cooler mountain evening air. But yea it was still hyumid in the daytime even at a little bit of altitude.
So far in my neck of the woods August is already °4.7 above normal and no end in site.🤮

Humid and humid, take your pick.

It is that way in south GA every year from April to September. Sometime earlier and/or later in the year. I have grown to actually like it.

We are obliterating the record for most days over 110F in a calendar year. We set the record with 34 days on Sunday. Monday was a reprieve at 109F now it’s 112-114 heat advisory through the weekend.

😞

It is that way in south GA every year from April to September. Sometime earlier and/or later in the year. I have grown to actually like it.
I have never met a person who likes humidity. I know several that like the heat, but not the humidity.

We've had an oppressively hot stretch like most places here in AR. Occasional day of relief when there are heavy storms, but heat index usually over 100 with lots of humidity. The good news is that it still dumps an inch of rain every now and then at night so it's hot, but intermittently flooded, and that has been keeping the golf courses pretty healthy.

Grown to like humidity? Glad it works for ya but no thanks.

We are obliterating the record for most days over 110F in a calendar year. We set the record with 34 days on Sunday. Monday was a reprieve at 109F now it’s 112-114 heat advisory through the weekend.

😞
at some point even without considering humidity,...hot is hot regardless and that is freaking hot.

We've had an oppressively hot stretch like most places here in AR. Occasional day of relief when there are heavy storms, but heat index usually over 100 with lots of humidity. The good news is that it still dumps an inch of rain every now and then at night so it's hot, but intermittently flooded, and that has been keeping the golf courses pretty healthy.
Yeah, I can't remember a summer where the grass has not turned yellow at least once. I still have to mow twice a week and the grass is as green as can be.

at some point even without considering humidity,...hot is hot regardless and that is freaking hot.
I actually wish the humidity would rise. That would mean we’d get some monsoon storms and cool the place off.
But yes when it 117+ if stupid hot.

I have never met a person who likes humidity. I know several that like the heat, but not the humidity.
Grown to like humidity? Glad it works for ya but no thanks.

It really doesn't bother me as I have lived in it for 55 years. Of course, I am the guy that freezes his butt off in any temps under 70.

Yeah, I can't remember a summer where the grass has not turned yellow at least once. I still have to mow twice a week and the grass is as green as can be.
this is the worst part for me. As crazy humid as its been the storms (always scattered) are contently missing my home so my lawn is burnt as i cant keep it wet enough. Just a couple miles south of me and they seem to get all the showers. Yet I still suffer the disgusting 60 and 70 % humidity.

It really doesn't bother me as I have lived in it for 55 years. Of course, I am the guy that freezes his butt off in any temps under 70.
Give me mid to upper 60's golf weather for the rest of my life.

It’s been relatively nice here in SoCal lately, but it is going to get really hot in the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here in NE Ohio. Unrelentingly hot, dry, and humid! Which is the exact opposite of last year which was wet, wet, wet! Last June we had 25 out of 30 days with clouds and rain. Lost most of my veggie garden because of it. Only the tomatoes managed to survive. This year I'm watering my brains out! A few years ago I changed over all my golf clothing to moisture wicking stuff. Thank God! Trying to wear cotton in this heat would be pure hell!

And liking humidity? Uhhhhhh, NO! Years ago, when I was still in the fine wine business, the company booked a trip to the Napa Valley in August when it is smoking hot! But, at 20-25% humidity it was no big deal when you are used to the humidity levels here! Your sweat evaporates like it's supposed to, and your clothes don't wind up plastered to your skin! We weathered a string of 110* days with no problem! Another benefit of low humidity is that when the sun goes down, IT COOLS OFF! Every morning was in the low to mid 50's.

I figure the only benefits to this weather is that the hot temps help the ball fly well, and it firms up the fairways so you get some rollout! Last year I got pretty tired of having Drives plugging in late July!

Back