Weather here in the NJ has been ridiculous hot and disgusting humid for weeks. How about your area?

We had one hot spell about a month ago, but its been a pretty "normal" summer for the first time in a long time it seems. Little humid and above avg temps this week with near 90 M-Wed. Back to you, Stew. :cool:

Wife is heading back to AR tomorrow, and I'll be here for about a week, so she told me to "take lunch breaks to golf or go at night if it's hot". Something about that statement made me curious, and I hadn't actually checked so I did, and this is the forecast for the area.

20200822_001738.jpg

I don't think her plan is going to work.

Yesterday, an hour , or so after sundown, our temp was below 100 degrees for the first time in several weeks.

This morning at 5am it was 81 degrees. It's been in the high 90s at this early hour for the past several days.

This pretty much signals the end to our hot summer days, and nights. We'll still have triple digit days, but not real scorchers.

I post this because what ever weather we have is usually what people east of us can expect their weather to be in the next several days. Unless of course another weather pattern doesn't move it north quicker. .

Being outside of Philly, my weather has been the same as NJ. Just too many days of excessive heat and humidity. On the plus side, been great pool summer.

Is today exceptionally humid or is it just me? Was sweating just changing a light bulb in the car

Same here in S.E. Michigan. It's getting old.

Hot and some rare humidity the last few weeks in San Diego. I don’t have ac so it’s brutal at night but luckily I’m 2 blocks to the beach so I can walk down for a quick swim when it gets too hot.

I see your humidity in NJ and raise you (1) Houston...

Georgia.

Hot and Humid with daily thunderstorms.

It was supposed to be around 94° today, but it felt even hotter than that to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weather's dry, but comfortable, but we are now getting smoke from fires in CO and CA, looks like Shanghai or LA in the 70's.

We're in a stretch of 100's for the next week. 109° tomorrow, 108° Saturday, cools to 103° Mon and Tue, 110 Wednesday then back to the low 100's through Friday.

Normally, even when it's in the 100's during the day, we have a strong cooling breeze so overnight lows are in the 50-60 range. Not this time. It will be 81° at 11 PM and still 75° at sunrise. 🥵

ETA: It's a "dry" heat. Humidity is averaging 16% so at least we have that going for us.

I've experienced some of that. I was in the fine wine business, and one time our sales team visited the Napa Valley in August. The itinerary specifically forbade any "dressy" clothing. Everything should be casual and cool! It was about 110* every day we were there, but it was entirely different from what we are used to here in Ohio. With such low humidity, your clothes didn't wind up pasted to you! Yes, it was hot, but it was not that uncomfortable. 90* and high humidity is moreso. Never had the high temps at night.

I see your humidity in NJ and raise you (1) Houston...

Oh, God! The most miserable night I ever spent in a hotel was in Houston! It's a long story, but I had to accompany 2 Italian winemakers to a national convention in Dallas. The tickets they bought flew them to Houston, then to Dallas the next day. When we got off the plane, and I felt that oppressive humidity, I told them that we should rent a car and I would drive us to Dallas! No, we'll stay here tonight.

When I checked into my room the air was close, sticky, and warm. I cranked the A/C, one of those ridiculous, rattling wall units, up to max and headed for the bar. Which was another disaster! They had exactly 3 beers to offer, all on tap. Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light, which I had never tasted, so I ordered one. I don't know how poorly maintained their draft system was, but the beer tasted like water wrung out of dish rag! I called the waitress back over and told her the beer was so bad that I couldn't drink it. She replaced it for free with a Bud Light. The entire evening was still abysmal!

I went back to my room, and guess what? Cranking that A/C unit had zero effect! I stripped the bed cover off the bed, since I didn't want to be lying in the residue of what might lie on top of it, stripped off all my clothes, and tried to sleep bare nekkid!

Is today exceptionally humid or is it just me? Was sweating just changing a light bulb in the car
yes absolutely it was again disgusting humid today and actually now at almost 10 pm it still is. Its still just abut 80 which in itself isnt the worst but with 70%... Today was 90 and high %.
And tomorrow another one. only 85 but with real feel of 95 with the extra high humidity. Also 60% chance of storms. Gonna be another two glove extra sweating day if I manage to get out in the morn.

Last edited:
Oh, God! The most miserable night I ever spent in a hotel was in Houston! It's a long story, but I had to accompany 2 Italian winemakers to a national convention in Dallas. The tickets they bought flew them to Houston, then to Dallas the next day. When we got off the plane, and I felt that oppressive humidity, I told them that we should rent a car and I would drive us to Dallas! No, we'll stay here tonight.

When I checked into my room the air was close, sticky, and warm. I cranked the A/C, one of those ridiculous, rattling wall units, up to max and headed for the bar. Which was another disaster! They had exactly 3 beers to offer, all on tap. Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light, which I had never tasted, so I ordered one. I don't know how poorly maintained their draft system was, but the beer tasted like water wrung out of dish rag! I called the waitress back over and told her the beer was so bad that I couldn't drink it. She replaced it for free with a Bud Light. The entire evening was still abysmal!

I went back to my room, and guess what? Cranking that A/C unit had zero effect! I stripped the bed cover off the bed, since I didn't want to be lying in the residue of what might lie on top of it, stripped off all my clothes, and tried to sleep bare nekkid!

I just got out of the shower a few minutes ago and felt nice and refreshed yet your entire post makes me feel like I need to go take another.

I've experienced some of that. I was in the fine wine business, and one time our sales team visited the Napa Valley in August. The itinerary specifically forbade any "dressy" clothing. Everything should be casual and cool! It was about 110* every day we were there, but it was entirely different from what we are used to here in Ohio. With such low humidity, your clothes didn't wind up pasted to you! Yes, it was hot, but it was not that uncomfortable. 90* and high humidity is moreso. Never had the high temps at night.

If the AC is working well in your house and car, you can escape. Otherwise, you just exist in a pool of your own sweat. You can get drenched checking the mail...

woke up at 930 to play some tennis and it was already muggy and hot. i was already sweaty so i decided to go to the range. by the time i finish the temp had to be over 100. couple hours later i went to grab late lunch an the temp was 107 heat index at 115. 18 holes is out of the question.IMG_8931-1.png

woke up at 930 to play some tennis and it was already muggy and hot. i was already sweaty so i decided to go to the range. by the time i finish the temp had to be over 100. couple hours later i went to grab late lunch an the temp was 107 heat index at 115. 18 holes is out of the question.View attachment 8960941

Ouch. I’d just hide until winter if I was you.

Back