Weather in your area.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here it is 5* out and 4 or 5” of snow on the ground. Another 6 to 10 on the way. Lows tonight -7. More snow on Monday and Tuesday of another 8-10”. Making that sim we built a year ago so worth it.

We have a foot of snow on the ground.

B5F71B4D-084C-438C-AEE2-3821068E5EBB.jpeg

Our desert southwest winter is pretty much over. We've been enjoying high 60*, low 70" degree days. I golfed yesterday in shorts/short sleeves, leaving the course just after 12 noon.

We did have some thunder boomies move through yesterday after noon. It was a fast moving storm, and didn't last long. In our area, it was mostly high winds, and enough dust/rain mix to mess up windows.

I suspect we'll have a few more poor weather days, but it's really been a very mild winter for golf.

Ugh!

Action Recommended
Make preparations per the instructions
Issued By
Minneapolis - MN, US, National Weather Service
Affected Area
Portions of northwest and west central Wisconsin and east central and southeast Minnesota
Description
...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM CST THIS MORNING... ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 10 AM CST MONDAY... WHAT...For the Wind Chill Warning, dangerously cold wind chills as low as 45 below zero. For the Wind Chill Advisory, very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 30 below zero. WHERE...Portions of northwest and west central Wisconsin and east central and southeast Minnesota. WHEN...For the Wind Chill Warning, until 11 AM CST this morning. For the Wind Chill Advisory, from 11 AM this morning to 10 AM CST Monday. IMPACTS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Avoid outside activities if possible. When outside, make sure you wear appropriate clothing, a hat, and gloves. Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a hat, and gloves.
More Information
...VERY DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS INTO MONDAY MORNING... .A Wind Chill Warning is in effect for all of central and southern Minnesota and west central Wisconsin tonight through this morning. Wind chill values during this time are expected to range between 35 degrees below zero and 50 degrees below zero. A Wind Chill Warning continues through Monday morning along and west of a line from Long Prairie to Hutchinson to Albert Lea. Wind chill values during this time are expected to be cooler than 35 degrees below zero. A Wind Chill Advisory is in effect for east-central Minnesota and west-central Wisconsin tonight through Monday morning, where wind chills could occasionally be cooler than 30 degrees below

We have an inch of solid ice on everything that isn't salted in Louisville. That includes my driveway as we had no salt and it's sold out everywhere. Forecast says 2" of snow and ice tonight, 4" tomorrow night, and 4" on Wednesday night. It's going to be below freezing the entire time.

In short our weather is perfectly dreadful.

45* this morning, going up to the mid 60’s.

just sayin 😉

Screenshot_20210214-085106_Weather.jpgScreenshot_20210214-085148_Chrome.jpg

No golf today
DB18B047-EC28-4B1C-8816-08AFBDEA414C.jpeg

Extremely colder than normal for much of the country. -18* here in Minneapolis this morning with a high of -6* today. Our cabin 120 miles north was -23* a couple of hours ago, lol. We were entertained by a coyote killing a rabbit in our back yard this morning just as the sun was coming up.

41CBE773-5BE6-48A4-AE96-DCE922CC4B6A.jpegC7C69677-FF12-4426-B05F-50E3E2C35B34.jpeg76553F71-A008-4CD1-B5F3-1AD6B745763C.jpeg

45* this morning, going up to the mid 60’s.

just sayin 😉

You should be back in Walker ice fishing on Ten Mile lake!🥶 We are headed to Naples on Tuesday where the high temperature is 87* warmer today than it is here in MN, lol.

19 high
7 low
It's snowing
Doesn't get above freezing until Friday.

I haven't been outside in 3 days.

Snow in Dallas.

Need I say more?

16F and more snow tomorrow.

:sick:

Hanging out in North Carolina for a few months and checked my outside camera on my house in Chicago today🥶 I’m so glad I’m here!
E1395D2A-E87C-4877-9426-CDF00663AE04.jpeg

-14 with a wind chill of -27 this morning, the dog wasn't keen on walking too far. Add 4" of new snow to that and I think we're staying in. High today will be 1, but then high 20's tomorrow.

I would take snow right now. It has been ice for the last 3 days. While I am lucky and have power right now, about 2 blocks up the street is out. That also means cable and internet are out. I am stuck at home bored out my mind.

It's ugly out there - low 40's and more rain.

Still snowing here, and cold. Snow should taper off in an hour or so.

It’s been below freezing since Thursday. Maybe 4” of snow and ice on the ground.

I wish it was snowing here, I was excited for snow. I am not excited about this.
That doesn't look good at all.
I am just glad the pipes unfroze at the house. Problem is the temp is supposed to be -15 tonight so might be an issue again tonight.

That doesn't look good at all.
I am just glad the pipes unfroze at the house. Problem is the temp is supposed to be -15 tonight so might be an issue again tonight.

I had to ask my contractor what to do about making sure our pipes don't freeze. He said based on how our house is built, opening all the cabinet doors where the pipes are and then having a slow drip to the sink in the garage should be all we need, plus of course having our vents to the crawlspace closed.

First of two winter storms this week. Today and tomorrow is a wintery mix (snow, sleet and freezing rain). Thursday-Friday is forecasted as all snow.

I had to ask my contractor what to do about making sure our pipes don't freeze. He said based on how our house is built, opening all the cabinet doors where the pipes are and then having a slow drip to the sink in the garage should be all we need, plus of course having our vents to the crawlspace closed.
That's what we are doing. Get thru tonight and temps go up every day to the weekend so should be okay hopefully. Only concern now is the rolling blackouts they have said may happen tonight.

Back