Weather in your area.

Our forecast for the next week:

Wx2.png

As I am sitting here in a work trip to Minnesota, it has not gotten above 10F all day and snowed 6in(feels like -2 to -10. Very interesting experience, not sure how you North dwellers function during the winter months.
I’m not sure I have ever seen even 15F where I am from in North Georgia.

My opinion is you guys are either the most hardcore or the most insane for dealing with this weather 1/3 of the year.

Last edited:
Supposed to be 38 degrees and partly sunny here today.

Good day to stay in and put some clubs together out in the shop.

As I am sitting here in a work trip to Minnesota, it has not gotten above 10F all day and snowed 6in(feels like -2 to -10. Very interesting experience, not sure how you North dwellers function during the winter months.
It sure I have ever seen even 15F where I am from in North Georgia.

My opinion is you guys are either the most hardcore or the most insane for dealing with this weather 1/3 of the year.

We play hockey outside, ski, ice fish, and ride these things. I just got back into snowmobiling after a 35 year break and the new sleds are crazy fun, like a crotch rocket for the snow with a 128mph top speed.:)

C056F67A-9618-4B85-A215-72C32A429B6C.jpeg5A65F19B-F302-49B4-8F19-672DC8D35041.jpeg

We play hockey outside, ski, ice fish, and ride these things. I just got back into snowmobiling after a 35 year break and the new sleds are crazy fun, like a crotch rocket for the snow with a 128mph top speed.:)

View attachment 9059924View attachment 9059925
Had a neighbor that drag raced snowmobiles back in the '60s. His last project before I moved was to install a 280 cubic inch small block Chevy engine onto a modified snowmobile chassis. CRAZY! Even more crazy is they also raced in the summer by laying straw over asphalt drag strips.

They are covering our greens today because we are expecting anywhere from 1-12” of snow between now and Monday morning depending on the track the storm takes.

It sure I have ever seen even 15F where I am from in North Georgia.

where are you Zach? I live 40 minutes from the Minneapolis airport

It's presently 13° F in Boston, significantly reduced by wind chill factor.

Play a soft ball if you find an open course.

Your post reminded me of a winter memory growing up in Michigan. The deep freeze preparations you've done often weren't enough. I grew up in a small town where after a week or so, we'd still be snowed in, but running out of groceries. A lot of well-heeled doctors, dentists and business owners lived in our neighborhood. So they'd let us kids take their snowmobiles with sleds in tow around the neighborhood picking up grocery lists and cash from the neighbors. Then we'd head down to the IGA grocery store, buy everything we could on the lists, and deliver them to each neighbor with any change.

It took all day and we thought that was the best day possible. It never even occurred to us that the parents actually got a pretty good deal out of this.

When my buddy moved out to a suburb of Denver, that is exacty the mindset that they took. Take care of your neighbors! Denver doesn't really get hit with a lot of bad weather, but,

Wow! I don't know what weirdness is going on here. but I was in the process of replying, when everything froze up, and wouldn't allow me to do any more! I think that you need to check yourselves!

Wow! I don't know what weirdness is going on here. but I was in the process of replying, when everything froze up, and wouldn't allow me to do any more! I think that you need to check yourselves!
Check whose self? Ever considered it’s on your end like when you accused us of having political ads, and it turned out it was a Google ad based on your own history?

When my buddy moved out to a suburb of Denver, that is exacty the mindset that they took. Take care of your neighbors! Denver doesn't really get hit with a lot of bad weather, but,
The saving grace for weather in Denver is one day you can get 3 feet of snow and the next day it might reach 60 degrees and have melted all the snow away.

28F feels like 15F

We've had some weirdness around here this week. Windy through weekend until Tuesday. Cloudy with cold mornings and warm afternoons. Then Windy again and low 60s, a little rain. Tomorrow when I go play it's gonna be 75 and sunny.

A small band of snow/flurries ~20 miles NE of us about an hour ago.

Our view from the front and back of the house. It sure is beautiful but South Carolina doesn't deal well with this stuff. 🤣
20220116_084714.jpg
20220116_084913.jpg

Yesterday's high was 13°F, not accounting for wind chill factor.
Today is supposed to reach 25°.
Not sure how that's much better.

Boston isn't North Dakota, however. It doesn't stay this bad for that long.
Still doesn't get decent until June, though.

Back