Weather in your area.

Supposed to get our first snow of the winter later today. Not nearly as excited about it as the kids are

Our view from the front and back of the house. It sure is beautiful but South Carolina doesn't deal well with this stuff. 🤣
View attachment 9060252
View attachment 9060253

That looks like us last week when they told us it would be 1-3” and barely even talked about it on the news, and we ended up with close to 8”. This week they have been talking about this winter storm like we were going to get 3 feet of snow, and it’s been nothing but rain.

Hopefully you can enjoy the prettiness for a little.

The sun is out as bright as can be, but it's cold: 6 degrees without the windchill. The sun has been beaming on my truck for a couple of hours now, and there's no sign of the frost even budging. Luckily I don't have anywhere I need to be:cool:

That looks like us last week when they told us it would be 1-3” and barely even talked about it on the news, and we ended up with close to 8”. This week they have been talking about this winter storm like we were going to get 3 feet of snow, and it’s been nothing but rain.

Hopefully you can enjoy the prettiness for a little.
They've been prepping us for a few days but like for you guys, they aren't always accurate. So our 1 in a million chance they were right, actually paid off this time 🤣
how did Arrow do in the snow?

A tornado or two has touched down in the Fort Myers and Naples area and the storm is headed to the east coast of Florida. Tornado watches and warnings for most of south Florida.

4F213EDC-9684-4C98-92FC-13C41A4415BD.jpeg

They've been prepping us for a few days but like for you guys, they aren't always accurate. So our 1 in a million chance they were right, actually paid off this time 🤣
how did Arrow do in the snow?

When it’s just a couple of inches he is fine, but when we got close to 8” last week he was miserable. He’s a low rider so when the snow was covering his belly he was not happy. I had to use a shovel to create a grass path for him in the backyard so he could do his business.

When it’s just a couple of inches he is fine, but when we got close to 8” last week he was miserable. He’s a low rider so when the snow was covering his belly he was not happy. I had to use a shovel to create a grass path for him in the backyard so he could do his business.
Low rider...love it! Vader is part Great Dane so he's "lifted" compared to Arrow. He is having big issues doing his business though lol

Low rider...love it! Vader is part Great Dane so he's "lifted" compared to Arrow. He is having big issues doing his business though lol

Haha, he probably doesn’t understand what’s under his feet or why his smells are covered up. A shoveled grass path might do the trick, it worked for Arrow.

Haha, he probably doesn’t understand what’s under his feet or why his smells are covered up. A shoveled grass path might do the trick, it worked for Arrow.
Thanks! Going to try that...thank goodness for teenagers and having the authority to voluntold. 🤣

Lots of ice in Charlotte. A little snow. We went to Greenville SC yesterday for our anniversary. Glad we came back. We’d would be stuck in a hotel. My daughter in downtown Nashville said they got nailed with snow.

E866DE5B-8A29-4125-9575-D4134E46F8ED.jpeg
Between my yard and those houses is our 8th hole. Yellow, green, red, or orange balls today??? (Is this SC or MI???)

Lots of ice in Charlotte. A little snow. We went to Greenville SC yesterday for our anniversary. Glad we came back. We’d would be stuck in a hotel. My daughter in downtown Nashville said they got nailed with snow.
I'm out in Harrisburg and it's snow and ice. Not going anywhere for a minute.

69673BAA-3F9F-4667-811F-8B87AF63C470.jpeg
I was not consulted about this temperature dip. I’m pretty sure this is what leads to impulse buying clubs.

27 degrees this morning. Too cold for golf. Will watch football and golf on TV instead.

Calling for 8-12" of the white stuff. Fun fun.

Whoa! Looks like MN! How much did you get?
I would say 6" maybe. But nit 100% sure because the wind is so brutal and blowing it all over. They're calling for some more this afternoon too. You guys don't need to share it with us anymore. We're good. 🤣

I would say 6" maybe. But nit 100% sure because the wind is so brutal and blowing it all over. They're calling for some more this afternoon too. You guys don't need to share it with us anymore. We're good. 🤣
Do you normally get snow each year?

Wife and I were out in Myrtle Beach last April and really liked it (of course everyone does right!). However last night we started talking where we'd want to move once the kids are off on their own... I brought up SC - more inland but close enough to get to the ocean if we wanted... (I'm not a fan of MN winters). And then I saw your post! Should we reconsider? :ROFLMAO:

Do you normally get snow each year?

Wife and I were out in Myrtle Beach last April and really liked it (of course everyone does right!). However last night we started talking where we'd want to move once the kids are off on their own... I brought up SC - more inland but close enough to get to the ocean if we wanted... (I'm not a fan of MN winters). And then I saw your post! Should we reconsider? :ROFLMAO:
No, we normally don't get this much snow. We've only been here 6 years and there's maybe a couple inches that lasts for a day or two each year. We're in the upstate (Greenville area). the further in the mountains you go, the more you'll get each year. Nothing like MN, thank goodness. I grew up mostly in the UP so I'm done with the white stuff 🤣

No, we normally don't get this much snow. We've only been here 6 years and there's maybe a couple inches that lasts for a day or two each year. We're in the upstate (Greenville area). the further in the mountains you go, the more you'll get each year. Nothing like MN, thank goodness. I grew up mostly in the UP so I'm done with the white stuff 🤣
A friend of mine grew up in Wisconsin, now lives here in AZ, and is building his retirement home in the UP. I told him he's got it all backwards. :LOL:

A friend of mine grew up in Wisconsin, now lives here in AZ, and is building his retirement home in the UP. I told him he's got it all backwards. :LOL:
Oh he's doing it wrong for sure! 🤣

If it's up to me and me alone (it isn't) I'd leave the white stuff forever. It's nice to look at during Christmas time but that's about it.

If it's up to me and me alone (it isn't) I'd leave the white stuff forever. It's nice to look at during Christmas time but that's about it.
Same. Sadly the wife isn't in such a hurry to head south

The snow has finally started to fall, but not before we got a heavy dose of ice. And even with the snow it’s still mixed with ice. The temps are just not stable enough to keep it snow or to really make it even stick.

Back