Weather in your area.

I'm not going to complain about the weather up here with what folks are going through down south. This kind of thing can get serious without a contingency plan. I hope you all get through it unscathed.

Got about 4" of snow last night and it just started snowing again. Arrow doesn't like sinking into the snow. He hugged the wall of the house where the roof overhangs and blocks the snow from accumulating and followed that path to "do his business".

This has to be a record snowfall/accumulation in Nashville.

Got about 4" of snow last night and it just started snowing again. Arrow doesn't like sinking into the snow. He hugged the wall of the house where the roof overhangs and blocks the snow from accumulating and followed that path to "do his business".

No, we usually get snow like this every 5-7 years. Our last big one was 7-8" about 5-6 years ago. The biggest one I've seen since I moved here (1990) was 11". The winter of 94 was the coldest. Had temps below zero and an inch of ice. We had a pipe burst in that one. My wife was 6 months pregnant too. Lost power for 3 days.

No, we usually get snow like this every 5-7 years. Our last big one was 7-8" about 5-6 years ago.

I had no idea. Everything I read when checking weather before we moved said 1-2", and friends who live here said the same thing. I don't mind it so I'm not mad, but I honestly didn't think it ever got this much snow here.

My dogs do the same thing in Raleigh.

My company is based in the Nashville Area and they are all saying they can't remember in the last 20 years getting this much snow.

I had no idea. Everything I read when checking weather before we moved said 1-2", and friends who live here said the same thing. I don't mind it so I'm not mad, but I honestly didn't think it ever got this much snow here.

There was a THP event here a few years ago. There was a group that played at Pine Creek that complained about a lack of grass. We had snow/ice on the ground for 3 weeks that year. Killed all the grass on several courses.

My dogs do the same thing in Raleigh.

My company is based in the Nashville Area and they are all saying they can't remember in the last 20 years getting this much snow.

My friend has lived here her whole life and she said the same thing, she doesn't remember it ever snowing this much, and she definitely doesn't remember ever getting the soft fluffy stuff like we got last night.

IMG_0495.JPG

This was the last major snow storm. He loves snow Frisbee.

There was a THP event here a few years ago. There was a group that played at Pine Creek that complained about a lack of grass. We had snow/ice on the ground for 3 weeks that year. Killed all the grass on several courses.

Pine Creek at a THP Event?

Pine Creek at a THP Event?

No, I think it was the SeeMore event and some guys got together at the course before the event. It took about a year before they had the grass back on most fairways.

Prayers to those in the hardest hit states like Texas. I was stuck in a hotel in Amarillo for almost a week when I traveled Texas for Nike. I find it odd they are so unprepared many, many years later. They get weather.

It's pretty rare to get a full week of snow like this but when it does :eek:. I can only think of a couple times in my adult life that we've had anything like this. Usually it's 1-2 inches a couple times of year.

I am old enough to have seen much worse weather conditions, but I won't even mention those. The bad thing we have right now is another ice storm and we just had one last weekend. o_O

Did manage a motorcycle ride this morning, had to take my jacket off coming home. Still 81° at 6:30.

No, I think it was the SeeMore event and some guys got together at the course before the event. It took about a year before they had the grass back on most fairways.

A few years ago we had a really bad winter. there was snow on the ground from late October until mid-March! Then I got word that a course about 45 minutes away was open in early April. I had told my buddies about it, so we decided to go on a day that forecast to be partly sunny with a high in the mid 50's. Yet another swing and a miss for the weather guessers! I think it barely broke forty, with low, sullen overcast all day, and we got hit with some cold rain just after starting the back 9. After trying to hide out a while, we abandoned ship.

It took me 2 years to convince my buddies to go back, the winter had beat that course up so bad! There were large areas of dead, brown grass from the snow mold, plus the memory of the miserable conditions we tried to play in was still in their minds. They loved the course the second time they saw it! It's one of our favorited in the area.

Did manage a motorcycle ride this morning, had to take my jacket off coming home. Still 81° at 6:30.

FOUL FIEND!!!!!

j/k ;)

I have been here 23 years. I have can remember 3 times when a single front moved through and left snow accumulations higher than current 4" but never have had 3 storms come through within less than a week. Snow isn't so bad it is the freezing rain plus snow with each one that has caused the extensive power outage. We lost electricity late morning on Monday and are still out. Out only saving grace was today when I went into Lowe's looking for some fitting for a propane heater that they had just received a shipment of generators. Now we at least have lights, furnace, tv, and computer back online.

What is this bright orange thing in the sky?

No comment...

Anybody near Amarillo? Severe T-Storm Warnings expire soon, then a Blizzard Warning begins 2 hours later.

1615951452925.png

80’s this week

90°+ when we finished yesterday in Sebring, getting warm. Lot better than cold!

We’ve got a nervy day ahead.

Stay safe Parrot---this is a juiced up system according to everything I've read. I'll be thinking about all of my friends in Mississippi and Alabama today.

Back