Wedge Set Under $100?

It doesn’t take long for a wedge to start losing its bite. When I went for a fitting, the recommendation they gave was change wedges twice a year if playing regularly. That’s probably a bit over the top, but it doesn’t take long for me to start tonotice a drop off in spin with my wedges, and I need all the help with spin I can get.
I agree, but I see wedges all the time that look like someone bought them, hit a couple balls at the range, and traded them.

I agree not to buy wedges that show obvious signs of extensive use, but I just wouldn't write off the used wedge section completely.

Id go Wilson Harmonized

Replaced a 2nd hand 56 Vokey I didn't care for from Ebay with the Wilson Harmonized and got a 52 degree wedge as well. They play well for the price and the reviews are solid.

Id go Wilson Harmonized or Pinemeadow. You could almost get a set of Tommy Armour VCGs for that money too but they would probably be closer to $150-$200 though.
Another option if you decide to go used are Maxfli Revolution wedges. They were great wedges in their day but its always buyer beware, especially on used wedges because the grooves are often worn out on them.

A lot of value in Wilson harmonized. Good choice

I did feel this was a ploy to try and get me to buy more wedges, I felt it was a little excessive.
If that's for a pro, then I can maybe see it... especially if they practice with that wedge a lot... otherwise, it's a shakedown trying to get more $$ out of you for a club not needing replacing.

Replaced a 2nd hand 56 Vokey I didn't care for from Ebay with the Wilson Harmonized and got a 52 degree wedge as well. They play well for the price and the reviews are solid.
A lot of value in Wilson harmonized. Good choice
Amen. You could argue that they are older tech because they dont have microgrooves but other than that, really the only difference between those and any $150 wedge is that you have less options in terms of loft and bounce.

He’s brand new to golf so probably isn’t going to be generating loads of spin, but nevertheless, I’d never buy a used wedge and nor would I ever recommend anyone else does.
Agree for us, but for someone brand new, why not? I know the face and groves are worn but someone who's never chipped a ball isn't going to be too worried about greenside spin. Same thing for balls, get used/recycled balls, gonna lose 8+ a round. Then they can upgrade once they get hooked in the game, no need for brand new set of SM8 for a newbie.

Back