denverd1

Reaction score
Handicap
I dont find much discusion on wedges. What are you guys hitting? Currenty hitting 2 old school snake eyes in 52* and 56* before they were bought by Golfsmith. Found a 60* vokey yesterday im going to test out. Curious whats popular out there these days and what degrees you guys are playing.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

I have a set of Cleveland cg15s and cg16s. I have some top flite tour wedges with kbs shafts that are some of the best Ive ever hit. I am wanting to get a set of rotex 2.0s and cobra trusty rusty tours at some point to add to the collection. Some people collect putters but I love me some wedges.

I dont find much discusion on wedges. What are you guys hitting? Currenty hitting 2 old school snake eyes in 52* and 56* before they were bought by Golfsmith. Found a 60* vokey yesterday im going to test out. Curious whats popular out there these days and what degrees you guys are playing.

The vokeys and Cleveland wedges are very popular still.

Cleveland RTX 2.0 48° CB then a 52° and 58° blade in satin black with Nippon WV wedge shafts

Lots of wedge threads. Lots.

I am not a big wedge fiend. other than grinds, I don't know what's really different from one blade wedge to another. A Vokey plays the same as a 588 RTX, as Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind.

I have W/S FG tour tc 52 & 56 in the bag.

Callaway Mack daddy PM grinds and I love them. 56 and 60 and would love to get my hands on more.

I'm playing a 50 + 56 right now and am getting a 64 Tour Trusty. I'm currently playing a Bombtech Grenade wedge. Its the best spinning wedge I've played, and I chip really really well with it. But for full shots it really isn't working for me. I'm probably going back to my 56 Tour Trusty and will pick up a 50 or 48. I love love love my 56 tour trusty for full shots, just need to chip better with it.

I personally have never gotten along with Cleveland wedges or the Callaway Mack Daddy's, but a lot of ppl love them can't hurt to try. And the Mack Daddy PM grind has been hugely popular, again it didn't work for me.

Vokey's I liked, nothing special. I didn't like them as much as my Tour Trusty and they are way more expensive.

Tour Edge makes some really solid wedges. I really liked the Tour Proto wedge and used that till it was worn.

A lot of ppl like Hopkins, Scratch, Scor, and the new Hogans as internet options.

Soooo many options out there, good luck with the search!

just a few!! Read away!!

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?63473-Nike-Engage-Wedges-Preview

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/wilson-staff-fg-tour-wedges-review/

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/ping-glide-wedges-review/

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/c...hackersparadise.com/ping-glide-wedges-review/

50/54/58 for me. Cleveland and Vokey's are the best out there IMO and it's not even close. It's obviously going to be different for everyone, but I'm a huge wedge fan and nothing else is anywhere near those two. FWIW though, I find them about the same. I went Vokey's because I got them in blue, but id be 100% fine playing RTX 2.0's as well.

50° set Apex AW which I'm not in love with (I love set AWs normally, the distance just seems off to me with this one).

55° Hopkins with a shelf grind; and a 60° Hopkins with a wide grind. Both have KBS hi-rev shafts and I use the 55° from tight hard packed lies and the 60° from soft fluffy rough lies.

For the price I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better wedge than the FG Tour TC.

My PW is the set wedge from my 714MBs and I also carry two Vokeys in 54 and 60.

52 56 60 old school vokey spin milled.

Can't find anything that performs better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play wedges that match my irons for full shots, and a Mack Daddy 2 58 degree for everything else. Lots of options out there.

Thanks guys. Good reads posted there CAA_beat. I think I'll start with a vokey 52 and 56 then maybe try to find some nike VRs on the cheap to test out.

My short game went into meltdown mode yesterday. 4 missed up and downs on 4 holes. Should've had sub 10' par putts but doubled everything. Maybe I should talk with a few good short gamers I know for a few pointers. Somethings got to give

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

Up until recently I was gaming the Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 wedges. Really good wedges. However, I've switched to the Bridgestone J15 wedges and love everything about them. Also still have a set of SCOR wedges that I mess around with from time to time, but the Bridgestones are pretty much permanent placements in my bag.
Looked at the scors but nowhere to demo around me.

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

I've been gaming the new Cleveland's love the feel, see sig for specs. Highly suggest them

I've got 2 old school Snake Eye wedges (56* and 60*) that I used for 10 years before I picked up my current Scor (54,60) wedges.

I have been playing Callaway X-Tour in 54° and 60° for the last several years... I love them. This year I got new irons and needed to add a 50° so I got a Vokey sm5... The jury is still out. The Callaways seem to have a heavier swing weight to me and just feel more solid. The ball seems to spring off the Vokey more though. I am going to be re-configuring my wedge setup a bit though I want to go 50°/54°/58° with a 62° I add in when I am playing short courses and dropping the driver. I am considering a wedge fitting though. I love bladed wedges and might consider dropping my matched PW of 45° degrees for a bladed wedge at 46° degrees then go 52°/56°/60°.

Too many options.

Looked at the scors but nowhere to demo around me.
That's because SCOR went out of business. The new Hogan wedges are the closest you'll find to them.

Me, I'm playing Wilson FG Tour TC wedges in 52* and 56* and I love them.

I'm one of "those guys" that was fitted for and use Edel Wedges.

Previous to Edel, I was a wedge hound. I'd change the highest lofted wedge every 3 months to find something that gave me versatility.

The Edel, with the lower leading edge in the Trapper Grind but with 18 deg of stated bounce (not effective as lots of relief), allow me to lean the shaft backwards, open, etc. and produce a variety of shots that I could not attempt with other popular wedges. I've owned them for 3 seasons now. At $180 apiece, but usually a reduction for buying more than one, and fully fitted, they are tough to beat for value if you enjoy that versatility.

SCOR: didn't see them lasting long at $200 each and no shops to demo them. Will check out the Hogan stuff.

just bought a Nike VR 58* to test out. I'm thinking it has more to do with user error than club tech, just haven't updated my wedges in a LONG time

This thread and my own response earlier go me to thinking about wedges and whether we over obsess about them. I know manufacturers sites recommend a 4°-5° gapping on wedges. From my pitching wedge that puts me at 50°, 54° and 58°. I always wonder though if we need that many wedges in reality. I love wedge play and to me they are super versatile, playing 3/4 of 1/2 power shots isn't terribly difficult if you practice them. Lets say you hit a 60° wedge 75 yards on a full swing. How hard is it to hit a 56° that same 75 yards? What about a 52° or even a 50°. Would it be more beneficial to find your 100 yard club and learn to hit it 75 yards and 50 yards, then have a higher lofted club but not super lofted, let's say a 58° for those creative around the green shots?

Sorry spent a lot of time in the car today and really mulled it over.

I have a Cleveland 50* and Nike Engage square 54+60*. I'll pick up the Nike 50 soon.

Back