Week 4: THP Fantasy Football

Are we able to use the RES spots for this and add additional players then? Or just bench/drop them? I believe this is what the RES spots are for though right? Assuming I can even figure out how to do that because I don't even see those spots anymore

No, the RES spot is for a player who has COVID and is placed on COVID IR. You will treat these players like their team is on a BYE, however, it looks like the game might end up happening still this week, just on Monday or Tuesday.

No, the RES spot is for a player who has COVID and is placed on COVID IR. You will treat these players like their team is on a BYE, however, it looks like the game might end up happening still this week, just on Monday or Tuesday.
Just playing devils advocate here...So if my particular player is one of the 3 that tested positive for covid I can put him in COVID IR but if he wasn't one of the 3 and they postpone the game I can't? Weird.

Hopefully they play the game and it isn't an issue.

Are we able to use the RES spots for this and add additional players then? Or just bench/drop them? I believe this is what the RES spots are for though right? Assuming I can even figure out how to do that because I don't even see those spots anymore

That's pretty harsh for positions like kicker and defense where you don't usually carry a backup. I've now probably have to drop a bench player to pick up a defense because my starting defense may or may not play.
I get why it would cause issues the other way too though.

Just playing devils advocate here...So if my particular player is one of the 3 that tested positive for covid I can put him in COVID IR but if he wasn't one of the 3 and they postpone the game I can't? Weird.

Hopefully they play the game and it isn't an issue.

Not sure what's weird about it. If your player gets COVID then they go on COVID IR so you don't have to drop them and take the chance of them getting taken by someone else, and you don't have to give up a bench spot for them.

If the game is postponed, then it's no different then if they had a bye week, because the game will get made up, so that player will still play all their games, just not this week.

That's pretty harsh for positions like kicker and defense where you don't usually carry a backup. I've now probably have to drop a bench player to pick up a defense because my starting defense may or may not play.

Every team has a bye week. If these players do not play, it will be their bye.

Not sure what's weird about it. If your player gets COVID then they go on COVID IR so you don't have to drop them and take the chance of them getting taken by someone else, and you don't have to give up a bench spot for them.

If the game is postponed, then it's no different then if they had a bye week, because the game will get made up, so that player will still play all their games, just not this week.
I only say weird because it seems to me that if a player does get covid then what we are seeing this week is the likely scenario that they shut the whole team down and potentially postpone the game. I'm not complaining just trying to understand a scenario where those spots will ever come into use thats all.

hopefully they move it to Monday like is being suggested. For me I need to go find another defense now

I only say weird because it seems to me that if a player does get covid then what we are seeing this week is the likely scenario that they shut the whole team down and potentially postpone the game. I'm not complaining just trying to understand a scenario where those spots will ever come into use thats all.

Not necessarily. It depends on other tests. Once a player is placed on Covid IR, they can be put in those spots.

Those spots are strictly for someone who gets COVID and their actual real team puts them on COVID IR, nothing else.

We know we will have some weird stuff happen this year, and we will adjust as it goes, but this one is pretty simple since neither team has had their bye week yet. Now, if this happens again in the future and the team(s) have had their bye week, we will have to re-evaluate and figure out a solution at that time. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Those spots are strictly for someone who gets COVID and their actual real team puts them on COVID IR, nothing else.

We know we will have some weird stuff happen this year, and we will adjust as it goes, but this one is pretty simple since neither team has had their bye week yet. Now, if this happens again in the future and the team(s) have had their bye week, we will have to re-evaluate and figure out a solution at that time. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Ok now that makes more sense. Thank you!

Every team has a bye week. If these players do not play, it will be their bye.

i get it.
but a bye week is planned for. this is last minute, maybe, maybe not thing. I drop someone to pick up a defense, but then the game is played, I might have lost that player for no reason. I'm hope it will clear up through the week.

and obviously weird year with quirks we will have to deal with.

Edit: current college football protocol is if you are COVID+ you are out 10 days. If you have a direct exposure (without positive COVID test), you are out 14 days.

Great explanation, thanks for the clarity

Yeah you and your lopsided trying to trade rape people, everyone know all about you, heard about you from people in the past leagues too....

Bang up job Mr. Commish

Trade Master is my name, making trades are my game. Always gotta be selling and I'm tired of losing. ;)

Wait, we already made a trade this year. We have plenty of time to make more.

Last edited:
I just picked up a backup defense

We've got a Morgan Cup preview this week in FF as @vdubtx and I Face off!
Should be a good match up. Zeke should run right over Cleveland loading you up with points. :ROFLMAO:👊

And just like that the Steelers and Titans are on a bye this week!

Local news reports more Titans testing positive. Game will not be played this week. Sucks for those who now have a unplanned bye week.

I have bell from jets (out), cohen (gone for year) and connor (now on a bye). Looks like i will be picking up some stiff and getting 4 points from him. Easy win against me this week

I wonder if this Covid stuff out of Tenn is an overreaction. Only a few players tested positive and there were a lot of personnel who did. I’ve not dove into the full issue, but now I’m wondering how this might impact Houston v Minn

Reactions: JB
I wonder if this Covid stuff out of Tenn is an overreaction. Only a few players tested positive and there were a lot of personnel who did. I’ve not dove into the full issue, but now I’m wondering how this might impact Houston v Minn
We and the NFL have to pray no Minn players test positive in the coming days.

Back