Weight vs. Flex vs. Launch Angle

Playdough

Hi.
Reaction score
Handicap
So this is something that I have been thinking about as weighing out a shaft to put in my 3-wood. I just picked up a Adams XTD 14.5 3-metal head only. So I'm weighing some different shaft options out, as far doing something in a more mid-launch softer tip profile. I know that has weight goes up that the shaft becomes (feels) a touch stiffer and also then pulls the launch angle down a touch as well. Couple of the shafts that I'm looking at is a 72g Miya Kusala Blue X, a 72g Miya C. Kua X, Miya B.Asha X (not sure which weight) and Matrix White Tie 7M3 X. My wonder is that if I should look at something with a touch softer tip than what some of those offer to keep launch angle up? Something more like a Kusala Silver or even a White. I worry that the weight being in 7x gram range will change the way the club reacts being that it will be in a 3 wood. But then I wonder if when the shaft is tipped if they will help it retain it primary flex profile. My main use for this club is going to be off the tee on 360-410 yard par 4's. I very rarely come across a situation where I need a fairway metal out of the fairway. Any thoughts from the shaft gurus here?

Back